|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only condition the General places on Jose Ignacio Saenz de la Barra?
(a) That he not interfere with the General's sexual proclivities.
(b) That he not disturb the garden dedicated to Leticia and Emanuel.
(c) That he be left ignorant of the man's actions.
(d) That he be informed of every decision de la Barra makes.
2. What does the narrator use to restore the look of life to the corpse?
(a) Crimson dye.
(b) Women's rouge and lipstick.
(c) Pomegranate juice.
(d) Red lacquer.
3. How does Leticia Nazareno respond when the General calls her name?
(a) She glares at the General.
(b) She ignores the call until the second time she hears her name.
(c) She calls "Present" in a man's voice.
(d) She hides behind another nun.
4. According to popular rumor, what does Lord Kochel eat?
(a) Iguana eggs.
(b) Freshly-boiled hens.
(c) The hot guts of beheaded people.
5. Where are the torture chambers located before they are destroyed?
(a) Inside the presidential palace.
(b) The old Dutch asylum,
(c) The old American embassy.
(d) Along the coast of the Caribbean Sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prompts the General's marriage to Leticia?
2. What is placed in Bendicion Alvarado's hand?
3. What does the papal nuncio say about the linen shroud?
4. Which man has the gall to win at dominoes against the General without permission?
5. What does Ambassador Eberhart give the General as a distraction from the bad business deal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jose Ignacio Saenz de la Barra attempt to undermine the General?
2. How are the creditors treated when they arrive at the palace?
3. Explain the conditions under which Jose Ignacio Saenz de la Barra is allowed to operate the torture chamber.
4. Describe the encounter between the General and the school girl narrator in Chapter 6.
5. What does Bendicion Alvarado try to tell the General as she is dying?
6. How does Leticia Nazareno's relationship with the General begin?
7. Describe the circumstances under which the General meets Leticia Nazareno.
8. What happens to Monsignor Demetrius Aldous as he concludes his investigation of the General's mother?
9. After the Papal Nuncio decides that the event was not a miracle, what happens to him?
10. How does Monsignor Demetrius Aldous investigate Bendicion Alvarado for sainthood?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)