|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What act of state importance does Emanuel perform from his baby carriage?
(a) He holds meetings with his father's advisors.
(b) He performs wedding ceremonies.
(c) He presides over official acts as his father's representative.
(d) He declares times of martial law.
2. How had the General's government marked those suspected of nonconformity?
(a) A yellow flag on the house.
(b) A yellow X on the wall.
(c) A red S on the door.
(d) A red circle on the door.
3. Where are the torture chambers located before they are destroyed?
(a) The old Dutch asylum,
(b) The old American embassy.
(c) Along the coast of the Caribbean Sea.
(d) Inside the presidential palace.
4. From what are the lepers under the rose bushes dying?
(a) Old age.
5. The General paid a man 200 pesos to do which of the following during his mother's procession?
(a) Shoot any naysayers at the procession.
(b) Carry a child, claiming that she has been healed by Bendicion.
(c) Pretend to have risen from the dead.
(d) Pretend to be a leper cured by Bendicion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the General refuses to allow U.S. troops into the nation?
2. Which man has the gall to win at dominoes against the General without permission?
3. Where does the General kidnap Leticia from?
4. In his old age, the General is compared to which animals?
5. Who does the U.S. send in to carry out the punishment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the conditions under which Jose Ignacio Saenz de la Barra is allowed to operate the torture chamber.
2. Why does the General's plan to overthrow the U.S. forces fail?
3. Describe Jose Ignacio Saenz de la Barra.
4. How does the General learn how to read?
5. At the end of his life, how does the General feel about power?
6. What are the contents of the sack which appears to be full of coconuts?
7. Explain how the Caribbean Sea becomes U.S. property.
8. Explain the significance of yellow fever to the General's position as president.
9. Who is actually running the government by the end of Chapter 5?
10. After he has finished with the school girl, how does the General deal with her?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)