|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to popular rumor, what does Lord Kochel eat?
(a) Iguana eggs.
(b) Freshly-boiled hens.
(d) The hot guts of beheaded people.
2. Convinced of his mother's holiness, the General writes to which city to begin the canonization process?
3. What is Demetrius Aldous's nickname?
(a) Miss Vatican.
(b) The Eritrene.
(c) The Nuncio.
(d) Pretty Boy.
4. Who was Delfina Moscote?
(a) A milk vendor.
(b) A breeder of jaguar hounds.
(c) A woman interested in the General.
(d) A winner of the March poetry festival.
5. Where are the torture chambers located before they are destroyed?
(a) The old Dutch asylum,
(b) Along the coast of the Caribbean Sea.
(c) The old American embassy.
(d) Inside the presidential palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the clergy of the Catholic Church?
2. The General paid a man 200 pesos to do which of the following during his mother's procession?
3. What prompts the General to have all of Leticia's food inspected?
4. Where do the armed forces maintain order during the investigation of Bendicion's life?
5. What prompts the General's marriage to Leticia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the significance of yellow fever to the General's position as president.
2. What does Bendicion Alvarado try to tell the General as she is dying?
3. How does Leticia force the General to marry her?
4. Who is actually running the government by the end of Chapter 5?
5. Explain how the Caribbean Sea becomes U.S. property.
6. Why does the General order the Church and its clergy to be expelled from the nation and how is this accomplished?
7. How is Bendicion Alvarado mourned?
8. Why does Leticia always receive inferior merchandise from the market?
9. How does the General defeat Jose Ignacio Saenz de la Barra's attempted coup?
10. Why does the General's plan to overthrow the U.S. forces fail?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)