|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the General get his socks?
(a) From the private sockery of the Supreme Pontiff.
(b) From the nuns at his wife's former convent.
(c) From a group of school girls, commissioned to knit his footwear.
(d) From the corpses of his enemies.
2. What does the General do in honor of Leticia and the boy?
(a) The orders the market raized and replaced by a garden with a marble cross.
(b) He establishes a new national poetry contest.
(c) He donates all his possession, but not his power, to the Church.
(d) He dedicates another cult to the memory of his wife and son.
3. After both bulletins, how is the General's death finally announced?
(a) Cathedral bells toll.
(b) A public celebration.
(c) A public announcement declaring the General dead.
(d) A public mourning, after which the next President is inaugurated.
4. What happens as a result of the Vatican's decision in the cause of Bendicion Alvarado?
(a) Nationwide celebrations erupt.
(b) The Eritrean is murdered.
(c) The Apostolic Nunciature is ransacked.
(d) The General calmly appeals the decision.
5. What act of state importance does Emanuel perform from his baby carriage?
(a) He presides over official acts as his father's representative.
(b) He performs wedding ceremonies.
(c) He holds meetings with his father's advisors.
(d) He declares times of martial law.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the General been in power?
2. Which of Bendicion Alvarado's miracles is most astonishing?
3. In a sack of what seems like coconuts, what does Jose Ignacio Saenz de la Barra deliver to the General?
4. What does Ambassador Eberhart give the General as a distraction from the bad business deal?
5. Where do the armed forces maintain order during the investigation of Bendicion's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the creditors treated when they arrive at the palace?
2. Why does the General order the Church and its clergy to be expelled from the nation and how is this accomplished?
3. After the Papal Nuncio decides that the event was not a miracle, what happens to him?
4. Who is actually running the government by the end of Chapter 5?
5. Describe the first assassination attempt against the General's wife and son.
6. Explain the significance of yellow fever to the General's position as president.
7. At the end of his life, how does the General feel about power?
8. How is Bendicion Alvarado mourned?
9. How does the General learn how to read?
10. After he has finished with the school girl, how does the General deal with her?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)