|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about the General's hands indicated he would be king?
(a) There were no life lines on his palms.
(b) They were soft and regal.
(c) They were abnormally pale.
(d) They were magnificently powerful from infancy.
2. What happens when Leticia touches fresh market goods?
(a) They increase in size.
(b) They wither or mold.
(c) They become State property.
(d) They multiply prolifically.
3. At what age does Emanuel stand, champagne glass filled with juice in hand, and discuss matters of grown-up importance?
4. What happens during the wedding ceremony?
(a) Leticia faints from the pressures of marrying the General.
(b) Leticia gives birth to Emanuel.
(c) Rebels attempt to assassinate the General with an exploding milk cart.
(d) Manuela Sanchez returns to seek vengeance.
5. Why does the General force Leticia to cancel all her public appearances?
(a) He becomes jealous of her favor with the people.
(b) He fears an assassination attempt.
(c) He wants more time in the bedroom with her.
(d) He believes she should spend more time with their son.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he sees the cow, what does the General immediately remember?
2. What does the first bulletin released after the General's death declare?
3. Which man has the gall to win at dominoes against the General without permission?
4. Convinced of his mother's holiness, the General writes to which city to begin the canonization process?
5. How had the General's government marked those suspected of nonconformity?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the creditors treated when they arrive at the palace?
2. How does Leticia force the General to marry her?
3. Describe the occurrence the General believes to be a miracle.
4. Explain how the Caribbean Sea becomes U.S. property.
5. What happens to Monsignor Demetrius Aldous as he concludes his investigation of the General's mother?
6. Explain the conditions under which Jose Ignacio Saenz de la Barra is allowed to operate the torture chamber.
7. Describe the circumstances under which the General meets Leticia Nazareno.
8. How does Monsignor Demetrius Aldous investigate Bendicion Alvarado for sainthood?
9. What does Monsignor Demetrius Aldous discover about Bendicion Alvarado?
10. Who is actually running the government by the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)