|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Not even which of the following could restore a look of authority to the General's corpse?
(a) The glass eyes.
(b) His uniform.
(c) His spurs.
(d) His ring.
2. How do Leticia and Emanuel die?
(a) They are poisoned, despite the General's inspections.
(b) A milk cart explodes inside the palace.
(c) They are shot from a distance by a keen marksman.
(d) They are attacked and eaten by dogs in the market.
3. What does Jose Ignacio Saenz de la Barra bill the General for?
(a) His services as an assassin.
(b) His services as a gardener.
(c) Delivering produce.
(d) His protection.
4. What animal does Emanuel resemble when he is born?
(a) A goat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A calf fetus.
(d) A bird.
5. When does the General finally consummate his relationship with Leticia?
(a) Immediately, unable to resist her undefiled body.
(b) Shortly after the second anniversary of the kidnapping.
(c) After they are married, in strict accordance with Leticia's beliefs.
(d) Shortly following the anniversary of her kidnapping.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leticia Nazareno respond when the General calls her name?
2. Under which code of "law" does Leticia operate?
3. What does the General do after his mother dies?
4. When the nuncio refuses to canonize Bendicion, what does the General do?
5. In his old age, the General is compared to which animals?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the General order the Church and its clergy to be expelled from the nation and how is this accomplished?
2. Explain the significance of yellow fever to the General's position as president.
3. After he has finished with the school girl, how does the General deal with her?
4. Who is actually running the government by the end of Chapter 5?
5. What does Bendicion Alvarado try to tell the General as she is dying?
6. Explain how the Caribbean Sea becomes U.S. property.
7. Describe the occurrence the General believes to be a miracle.
8. Why does the General's plan to overthrow the U.S. forces fail?
9. Describe the General's final death.
10. How does the General defeat Jose Ignacio Saenz de la Barra's attempted coup?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)