|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the last diplomat to produce credentials in the Nation?
(a) Ambassador Palmerston.
(b) Patricio Aragones.
(c) Ambassador Smith.
(d) The General.
2. How many bars, bolts and locks does the General fasten before urinating on the portable latrine?
(a) 3 of each.
(b) 4 of each.
(c) 2 bars, 2 bolts, 4 locks.
(d) 1 bar, 2 bolts, 3 locks.
3. How long will it be until the next comet passes?
(a) 150 years.
(b) 75 years.
(c) 100 years.
(d) A lifetime.
4. Benedicion Alvarado screamed in horror because the walls perpetually oozed which of the following after the banquet?
(d) A strange black substance.
5. Why does the General become angry with his aids?
(a) He learns they have hidden a group of two thousand children.
(b) His order to create a fair lottery has been disobeyed.
(c) He learns that they have executed all his illegitimate children.
(d) He learns that they have made decisions of national importance without consulting him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the bands who sack the Presidential Palace?
2. Where does the General sit as the comet passes over?
3. According to rumor, what determined the General's lifespan?
4. How many maids did Bendicion Alvarado receive?
5. According to Aragones, who put the General in power?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the meeting of the Federalist Generals?
2. How does the General prepare for the coming hurricane?
3. How does the General respond to Patricio Aragones's dying diatribe?
4. What is the General's "first death"? Describe the circumstances and provide details.
5. After the U.S. occupiers leave, why is Bendicion Alvarado unhappy?
6. Why does the General restore the March poetry contest?
7. Discuss the significance of the cows in the opening scene.
8. Describe the state of the presidential palace when the book opens.
9. Describe the Caribbean Sea at the opening of Chapter 3.
10. Why does the General stop appearing in the city alongside the group of senators?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)