|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Poncio Daza?
(a) He is spared because he concedes to the General's wishes.
(b) He takes a walk with the barefoot Indian.
(c) He kills himself after the General rapes his wife.
(d) He is dismembered because the General favors his wife.
2. What happens to the crocodiles after the sack of the palace?
(a) They are killed.
(b) They are honored as the General's personal guards.
(c) They are released into the wild.
(d) They are made the national reptile.
3. Who lost an arm defusing a bomb intended for the General?
(a) General Rodrigo de Aguilar.
(b) Patricio Aragones.
(c) Poncio Daza.
(d) Bendicion Alvarado.
4. What substance does the General give to Patricio Aragones as he lays dying?
(a) Potassium Chlorate.
(b) Magnesium Sulfate.
5. How does Bendicion Alvarado persuade the General to stay at her house a little longer?
(a) She prepares a calabash.
(b) She begs and cries.
(c) She kills and cooks a fresh hen.
(d) She feigns a stroke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason did Patricio Aragones give for his claim that he and the General would meet death at a tie?
2. How does the General disguise his inability to speak?
3. How many maids did Bendicion Alvarado receive?
4. How is the lottery rigged so that the General always wins?
5. How many bars, bolts and locks does the General fasten before urinating on the portable latrine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which group is the exception to the General's rebuilding policy?
2. Why does the General relocate his mother to a mansion in the suburbs?
3. Who were the Federalists?
4. How do the people react to the General's second death? Why do they react this way?
5. How are the leaders of a failed rebellion killed?
6. How does Patricio Aragones feel toward the President?
7. What does the General do with the two thousand children whose continued existence would threaten the General's position as president?
8. After the U.S. occupiers leave, why is Bendicion Alvarado unhappy?
9. How does the good fishwife unwittingly prove her loyalty to the General? Describe her actions.
10. How does Manuela Sanchez respond to the appearance of the comet?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)