|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the motto of the national baseball team?
(a) First Under the General.
(b) All for One.
(c) Victory or Death.
(d) Survival of the Fittest.
2. How much do Aguilar and Norton pay the false leper to assassinate the General?
(a) 25,000 pesos.
(b) 50,000 pesos, cut in half.
(d) 50,000 pesos.
3. How many officers obey the General's command?
4. How is the lottery rigged so that the General always wins?
(a) There are no other entrants.
(b) The people are too afraid to enter the lottery.
(c) The winning balls are weighted.
(d) Two thousand children control the pickings.
5. What does the General discover on "that historic October Friday"?
(a) Everyone is celebrating his death.
(b) Everyone is mourning his death.
(c) Everyone is waving red flags.
(d) Everyone is wearing red berettas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which item in the palace gives proof to the legend that bullets would pass through the General's body without harming him?
2. Why does the General murder the old woman?
3. What does the General see anchored at sea?
4. Who sends the telegram which is kept from the General's sights?
5. Where does the General read of a death identical to one he dreamed about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Saturno Santos come to work for the General and why must he stop?
2. Which group is the exception to the General's rebuilding policy?
3. How is the lottery system rigged?
4. What does the General do with the two thousand children whose continued existence would threaten the General's position as president?
5. Why does the General relocate his mother to a mansion in the suburbs?
6. Why does the General stop appearing in the city alongside the group of senators?
7. How does the General prepare for the coming hurricane?
8. What happens to the Defense Minister?
9. How do the people react to the General's second death? Why do they react this way?
10. Discuss the significance of the cows in the opening scene.
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)