|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many assassination attempts did Patricio Aragones survive before he was hired by the General?
2. What does Patricio Aragnoes drink in order to forget how to read and write?
3. The General paid the blind man 5 cents to do which of the following?
(a) Sing ballads from 12th century Spain.
(b) Replace all the insignia with pictures of the General.
(c) Recite the poems of Ruben Dario.
(d) Lose at chess.
4. Why does the General murder the old woman?
(a) In order to silence his mother.
(b) So that no one would know the circumstances of his death.
(c) Because she knew about the two thousand children.
(d) Because she threatened to expose him.
5. Both as a tribute to his mother and as a joke, people begin to send the General which of the following gifts?
(a) Red birettas.
(b) Nun's habits.
(c) Portraits of the General and his mother.
(d) Cages of birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lost an arm defusing a bomb intended for the General?
2. How is the lottery rigged so that the General always wins?
3. Who was the last diplomat to produce credentials in the Nation?
4. What type of suit does the General use as a disguise?
5. Which type of animal destroyed the palace?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the lottery system rigged?
2. Describe the General's relationship with his mother
3. How does the good fishwife unwittingly prove her loyalty to the General? Describe her actions.
4. What is accomplished at the meeting between the Minister of Health, the Minister of Defense, Manuela Sanchez, and the General?
5. Who is the only man to survive the meeting of the Federalist Generals and how does he survive?
6. How do the people react to the General's second death? Why do they react this way?
7. Discuss the significance of the cows in the opening scene.
8. What does the General do with the two thousand children whose continued existence would threaten the General's position as president?
9. Describe the Caribbean Sea at the opening of Chapter 3.
10. What happens when a man's bird wins against the General's in a cockfight?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)