|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the General sit as the comet passes over?
(a) Across from Manuela.
(b) On the stairs of Manuela's house.
(c) Between Manuela and her mother.
(d) At the foot of Manuela's bed.
2. What substance does the General give to Patricio Aragones as he lays dying?
(b) Potassium Chlorate.
(d) Magnesium Sulfate.
3. Which of the following is NOT something General Rodrigo de Aguilar has in common with Ambassador Norton?
(a) Dutch prostitutes.
(c) A predilection for Puerto Rican rum.
(d) A weapons smuggling enterprise.
4. Where does the General read of a death identical to one he dreamed about?
(a) In the records of his father's life.
(b) In the Bible.
(c) In the writings of General Lautaro Munoz.
(d) In the tomes of Julius Caesar.
5. How many assassination attempts did Patricio Aragones survive before he was hired by the General?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did the General give a sewing machine?
2. How does Aguilar arrive at the banquet?
3. What happens to the bands who sack the Presidential Palace?
4. How does the General kill the old woman?
5. How does Patricio Aragones die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the leaders of a failed rebellion killed?
2. When the hurricane has passed, what does the General do to bolster rebuilding efforts?
3. Describe the state of the presidential palace when the book opens.
4. Why does the General relocate his mother to a mansion in the suburbs?
5. How does Manuela Sanchez respond to the appearance of the comet?
6. Why does the General stop appearing in the city alongside the group of senators?
7. Why does the General restore the March poetry contest?
8. What happens when a man's bird wins against the General's in a cockfight?
9. What happens to the Defense Minister?
10. What is the General's "first death"? Describe the circumstances and provide details.
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)