|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adorns the General's chest, as his body lies on the banquet table?
(a) A single rose.
(b) False medals, earned in chocolate wars invented by his toadies.
(c) Full military regalia.
(d) A pink tulip.
2. What does the first bulletin released after the General's death declare?
(a) A security threat has caused the General to remain under close supervision.
(b) The General has requested personal time away from the people.
(c) A slight indisposition has obliged him to cancel appearances.
(d) A serious illness has compromised the General.
3. What about the General's hands indicated he would be king?
(a) They were soft and regal.
(b) They were abnormally pale.
(c) There were no life lines on his palms.
(d) They were magnificently powerful from infancy.
4. The General, in the "feminine splendor" of his death, is compared to which public figure?
(a) His own dead mother.
(b) The Queen Mother.
(c) The Virgin Mary,
(d) A dead pope.
5. After Leticia's funeral, what does the General do to the birds?
(a) He releases them at Benedicion's mansion.
(b) He stares at them, wondering where their voices have gone.
(c) He smothers them one by one.
(d) He feeds them Cantorina with an eyedropper.
6. What happens to Jose Ignacio Saenz de la Barra?
(a) He is beaten to a pulp and strung up from a lamppost with his testicles in his mouth.
(b) He becomes the General's second in command and proceeds to terrorize the nation under the General's orders.
(c) He is castrated and driven from the nation naked.
(d) He overthrows the General on a campaign of pure terror.
7. What is Death wearing when she arrives?
(b) Leticia's nun's habit.
(c) The General's uniform.
(d) A penitent's tunic of pita cloth.
8. What is the only condition the General places on Jose Ignacio Saenz de la Barra?
(a) That he not disturb the garden dedicated to Leticia and Emanuel.
(b) That he be informed of every decision de la Barra makes.
(c) That he be left ignorant of the man's actions.
(d) That he not interfere with the General's sexual proclivities.
9. After both bulletins, how is the General's death finally announced?
(a) A public celebration.
(b) Cathedral bells toll.
(c) A public announcement declaring the General dead.
(d) A public mourning, after which the next President is inaugurated.
10. When does the first cow invade the palace?
(a) An October afternoon.
(b) Right before the General's death.
(c) The narrator doesn't tell us.
(d) Right after the General's death.
11. Where does the General kidnap Leticia from?
(b) The Nation.
(c) Puerto Rico.
12. What does Jose Ignacio Saenz de la Barra bill the General for?
(a) His services as a gardener.
(b) His protection.
(c) His services as an assassin.
(d) Delivering produce.
13. The General agonizes over a scrap of paper. What does it read?
(a) God damns sinners.
(b) God save the Maginificent.
(c) My name is Zacarias.
(d) The General is dead.
14. How many folios of information does Demetrius Aldous compile?
(a) 7 folios in 350 volumes.
(b) 370 folios in 7 volumes.
15. What is disguised as as vase of six sunflowers?
(a) Six microphones.
(b) Six grams of cocaine.
(c) Six poisoned flowers.
(d) A bomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ambassador Wilson bring to the General to console him?
2. What garment does the General wear in mourning?
3. How had President Lauturo Munoz risen to power?
4. When Bendicion Alvarado's body is returned to the General, what has changed?
5. Under which code of "law" does Leticia operate?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)