|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to rumor, what determined the General's lifespan?
(a) The cycles of the comet.
(b) The tides of the sea.
(c) The phases of the moon.
(d) Human time.
2. How many people are killed during the explosion of the milk cart?
3. Where do the lepers live?
(a) Among the rosebushes.
(b) In a special hospital.
(c) In the palace.
(d) On the streets.
4. Why does the General become angry with his aids?
(a) He learns that they have made decisions of national importance without consulting him.
(b) He learns that they have executed all his illegitimate children.
(c) He learns they have hidden a group of two thousand children.
(d) His order to create a fair lottery has been disobeyed.
5. Which of the following objects was NOT among the items bearing the General's face?
6. What did the General's escort--the Guajiro Indian--carry with him in the early days of the General's reign?
(a) A .32 caliber.
(b) A man-eating dog.
(c) A cane-cutting machete.
(d) A bottle of rum.
7. Patricio Aragones proclaimed the General president of _________.
(a) The world.
(b) The Caribbean.
(c) The Nation.
8. The remains of the General are found:
(a) In bed.
(b) Face down.
(c) Face up.
(d) In a chair.
9. How does Aguilar arrive at the banquet?
(a) With an escort.
(b) In full military regalia.
(d) As the main course.
10. What does Patricio Aragnoes drink in order to forget how to read and write?
11. Why does the General murder the old woman?
(a) Because she threatened to expose him.
(b) In order to silence his mother.
(c) So that no one would know the circumstances of his death.
(d) Because she knew about the two thousand children.
12. What does the General flavor his water with?
13. How does Patricio Aragones die?
(a) He is wounded by a poisoned dart.
(b) He is stabbed by a guard.
(c) His carriage is destroyed by dynamite.
(d) He drowns in a bathtub.
14. Both as a tribute to his mother and as a joke, people begin to send the General which of the following gifts?
(a) Red birettas.
(b) Cages of birds.
(c) Nun's habits.
(d) Portraits of the General and his mother.
15. How is the presidential limo disguised?
(a) As a milk cart.
(b) As a taxi.
(c) As a regular limo.
(d) As a military vehicle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which activity is General Rodrigo de Aguilar authorized to beat the General?
2. How long will it be until the next comet passes?
3. What happens to the Red Cross shipments?
4. What happens to Poncio Daza?
5. What do the signs in the main square read as they celebrate both the General's believed death and his discovered health?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)