|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many maids did Bendicion Alvarado receive?
2. Who does the General refer to as his Queen?
(a) Leticia Nazareno.
(b) Bendicion Alvarado.
(c) Lidice Santiago.
(d) Manuela Sanchez.
3. Which smell accompanies Manuela Sanchez?
(a) Stale perfume.
(c) Yesterday's stew.
4. Where do the wild parrots learn the song mocking the General?
(a) From mischievous lepers.
(b) From Manuela Sanchez.
(c) From domestic birds.
(d) From treacherous commanders.
5. When does the General renovate the dogfight district?
(a) 1 hour each day in the afternoon.
(b) Under the cover of night.
(c) In broad daylight.
(d) During the winter.
6. What reason does Ambassador Thompson give for the Marine occupation of the Nation?
(b) Yellow fever.
(d) War crimes.
7. How does Patricio Aragones die?
(a) His carriage is destroyed by dynamite.
(b) He is wounded by a poisoned dart.
(c) He drowns in a bathtub.
(d) He is stabbed by a guard.
8. What happens to the dogs of the dogfight district during the renewal?
(a) They are placed in shelters.
(b) They are relocated.
(c) Their throats are slit.
(d) They become palace guard dogs.
9. How does Aguilar arrive at the banquet?
(a) In full military regalia.
(b) As the main course.
(c) With an escort.
10. Where do the lepers live?
(a) In a special hospital.
(b) In the palace.
(c) Among the rosebushes.
(d) On the streets.
11. In the diplomat's report, what is the cow eating?
(a) A wad of dung.
(b) A portrait of an archbishop.
(c) Roses from the lepers' bushes.
(d) The General's uniform.
12. How old was the General when he died?
(a) Between 107 and 232.
(b) Between 63 and 98.
13. The General paid the blind man 5 cents to do which of the following?
(a) Replace all the insignia with pictures of the General.
(b) Recite the poems of Ruben Dario.
(c) Lose at chess.
(d) Sing ballads from 12th century Spain.
14. What reason did Benedicion Alvarado give for her housing preference?
(a) She claimed the open air was better for her health.
(b) The big house made her feel like the Pope's wife.
(c) She preferred the proximity to her son.
(d) She preferred the elegance and extravagance of the grand room.
15. To whom did the General give a sewing machine?
(a) Jacinta Morales.
(b) Leticia Nazareno.
(c) Matilde Peralta.
(d) Lorenza Lopez.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the General think is the underlying cause of rebellion?
2. How does Narisco Miraval die?
3. How does the General kill the old woman?
4. What type of contest does the General institute?
5. At what time did the General always begin the day?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)