|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Patricio Aragones proclaimed the General president of _________.
(a) The world.
(b) The Nation.
(d) The Caribbean.
2. Which group comes to investigate the disappearance of the children?
(a) The League of Nations.
(b) The League of Generals.
(c) The U.S. Marines.
(d) The United Nations.
3. How many officers obey the General's command?
4. What is the ironic thing about the hurricane?
(a) It is a stealthy disaster.
(b) It comes when the General is expecting the comet's return.
(c) It has a woman's name.
(d) It is not the cause of the destruction.
5. What substance does the General give to Patricio Aragones as he lays dying?
(a) Magnesium Sulfate.
(b) Potassium Chlorate.
6. Why does the General become angry with his aids?
(a) He learns that they have made decisions of national importance without consulting him.
(b) His order to create a fair lottery has been disobeyed.
(c) He learns that they have executed all his illegitimate children.
(d) He learns they have hidden a group of two thousand children.
7. How much do Aguilar and Norton pay the false leper to assassinate the General?
(a) 25,000 pesos.
(b) 50,000 pesos.
(c) 50,000 pesos, cut in half.
8. How many rooms does Benedicion Alvarado's mansion have?
9. Where does the General read of a death identical to one he dreamed about?
(a) In the records of his father's life.
(b) In the Bible.
(c) In the tomes of Julius Caesar.
(d) In the writings of General Lautaro Munoz.
10. How does the General kill the old woman?
(a) He throws her to the man-eating dogs.
(b) He strangles her with a strap from his spur.
(c) He poisons her food.
(d) He breaks her neck.
11. How does Bendicion Alvarado persuade the General to stay at her house a little longer?
(a) She kills and cooks a fresh hen.
(b) She feigns a stroke.
(c) She begs and cries.
(d) She prepares a calabash.
12. How did the General sign decrees?
(a) His Initials.
(d) An X.
13. How is the lottery rigged so that the General always wins?
(a) The people are too afraid to enter the lottery.
(b) There are no other entrants.
(c) Two thousand children control the pickings.
(d) The winning balls are weighted.
14. How is the presidential limo disguised?
(a) As a regular limo.
(b) As a milk cart.
(c) As a taxi.
(d) As a military vehicle.
15. What happens to the dogs of the dogfight district during the renewal?
(a) Their throats are slit.
(b) They are placed in shelters.
(c) They become palace guard dogs.
(d) They are relocated.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the General react to the rebellion at San Jeronimo?
2. How many bars, bolts and locks does the General fasten before urinating on the portable latrine?
3. What does the General see anchored at sea?
4. How many assassination attempts did Patricio Aragones survive before he was hired by the General?
5. How does the General disguise his inability to speak?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)