|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Ambassador Thompson give for the Marine occupation of the Nation?
(a) Yellow fever.
(d) War crimes.
2. What kind of birds did Benedicion Alvarado paint?
3. How much do Aguilar and Norton pay the false leper to assassinate the General?
(a) 50,000 pesos, cut in half.
(b) 25,000 pesos.
(c) 50,000 pesos.
4. The General is determined to wipe out every conservative regime from where to where?
(a) Patagonia to Mongolia.
(b) The Nation to China.
(c) Bogota to Lima.
(d) Patagonia to Alaska.
5. According to rumor, what determined the General's lifespan?
(a) The phases of the moon.
(b) The tides of the sea.
(c) The cycles of the comet.
(d) Human time.
6. When the General looks at other nations, what pattern does he notice?
(a) The rise of strong-man governments.
(b) The decay of colonial government.
(c) Change, revolution and revival.
7. The General paid the blind man 5 cents to do which of the following?
(a) Replace all the insignia with pictures of the General.
(b) Recite the poems of Ruben Dario.
(c) Sing ballads from 12th century Spain.
(d) Lose at chess.
8. How does the General kill the old woman?
(a) He breaks her neck.
(b) He strangles her with a strap from his spur.
(c) He throws her to the man-eating dogs.
(d) He poisons her food.
9. Patricio Aragones proclaimed the General president of _________.
(a) The Nation.
(b) The world.
(d) The Caribbean.
10. How many officers obey the General's command?
11. What substance does the General give to Patricio Aragones as he lays dying?
(b) Potassium Chlorate.
(d) Magnesium Sulfate.
12. How many maids did Bendicion Alvarado receive?
13. How many people are killed during the explosion of the milk cart?
14. Where do the wild parrots learn the song mocking the General?
(a) From treacherous commanders.
(b) From Manuela Sanchez.
(c) From domestic birds.
(d) From mischievous lepers.
15. How is the presidential limo disguised?
(a) As a regular limo.
(b) As a milk cart.
(c) As a military vehicle.
(d) As a taxi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is it said that Manuela retreated to?
2. At what time did the General always begin the day?
3. What type of suit does the General use as a disguise?
4. Which omen caused the General to change the date of a public appearance?
5. Which of the following is not a means of death met by the men who sacked the Presidential Palace?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)