|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Both as a tribute to his mother and as a joke, people begin to send the General which of the following gifts?
(a) Red birettas.
(b) Nun's habits.
(c) Portraits of the General and his mother.
(d) Cages of birds.
2. What happens to the bands who sack the Presidential Palace?
(a) They are summarily executed.
(b) They are tortured in the San Jeronimo barracks.
(c) They are exiled to Spain.
(d) They are pardoned by the General at the request of Benedicion Alvarado.
3. What type of suit does the General use as a disguise?
(a) Military camoflage.
(b) Farmer's clothing.
(c) A tweed officer's uniform.
(d) An innocent linen suit
4. How many rooms does Benedicion Alvarado's mansion have?
5. The General paid the blind man 5 cents to do which of the following?
(a) Replace all the insignia with pictures of the General.
(b) Sing ballads from 12th century Spain.
(c) Recite the poems of Ruben Dario.
(d) Lose at chess.
6. Where is it said that Manuela retreated to?
(d) Puerto Rico.
7. How does Narisco Miraval die?
(a) Public execution.
(b) Poisoned rum.
(c) Dog attack.
(d) A bullet in the ear.
8. Which of the following objects was NOT among the items bearing the General's face?
9. What does the General bring to Manuela Sanchez?
10. Who sends the telegram which is kept from the General's sights?
(a) The Supreme Pontiff.
(b) Manuela Sanchez.
(c) Ambassador Palmerston.
(d) Benedicion Alvarado.
11. Why does the General become uneasy after the palace is sacked?
(a) Patricio Aragones' words.
(b) The ease with which the people celebrate both his life and his death.
(c) The message written in blood on the palace walls.
(d) The brazen act of defilement.
12. Who is "petrified" to see the changes to the dogfight district?
(a) Benedicion Alvarado.
(b) Manuela Sanchez.
(c) Manuela Sanchez's mother.
(d) The General.
13. What was the motto of the national baseball team?
(a) All for One.
(b) Survival of the Fittest.
(c) Victory or Death.
(d) First Under the General.
14. Patricio Aragones proclaimed the General president of _________.
(a) The world.
(b) The Caribbean.
(d) The Nation.
15. After the deaths of the men who sacked the Palace, the General decides to do which of the following?
(a) Demote Patricio Aragones.
(b) Execute any potential opposition.
(c) Stop torturing people.
(d) Begin a reign of unprecedented terror.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which smell accompanies Manuela Sanchez?
2. What type of contest does the General institute?
3. In the diplomat's report, what is the cow eating?
4. Where do the lepers live?
5. How does Aguilar arrive at the banquet?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)