|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which omen caused the General to change the date of a public appearance?
(a) The General saw a backwards comet.
(b) All the birds in the palace died.
(c) A dog died on the steps of the palace.
(d) Bendicion Alvarado found an egg with two yolks.
2. Patricio Aragones proclaimed the General president of _________.
(a) The Nation.
(c) The world.
(d) The Caribbean.
3. Which of the General's body parts seems out of proportion to the narrator?
(a) His hands.
(b) His ears.
(c) His sunken eyes.
(d) His feet.
4. Who sends the telegram which is kept from the General's sights?
(a) The Supreme Pontiff.
(b) Manuela Sanchez.
(c) Ambassador Palmerston.
(d) Benedicion Alvarado.
5. Where do the lepers live?
(a) Among the rosebushes.
(b) In the palace.
(c) In a special hospital.
(d) On the streets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group comes to investigate the disappearance of the children?
2. What happens to the clergy of the Catholic Church?
3. What does the General bring to Manuela Sanchez?
4. At what time did the General always begin the day?
5. What is placed in Bendicion Alvarado's hand?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)