|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following objects was NOT among the items bearing the General's face?
2. Which smell accompanies Manuela Sanchez?
(a) Yesterday's stew.
(d) Stale perfume.
3. How many folios of information does Demetrius Aldous compile?
(b) 370 folios in 7 volumes.
(d) 7 folios in 350 volumes.
4. Where does the General get his socks?
(a) From the corpses of his enemies.
(b) From a group of school girls, commissioned to knit his footwear.
(c) From the nuns at his wife's former convent.
(d) From the private sockery of the Supreme Pontiff.
5. Both as a tribute to his mother and as a joke, people begin to send the General which of the following gifts?
(a) Portraits of the General and his mother.
(b) Red birettas.
(c) Nun's habits.
(d) Cages of birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Ambassador Thompson give for the Marine occupation of the Nation?
2. Benedicion Alvarado screamed in horror because the walls perpetually oozed which of the following after the banquet?
3. Whose husband does the General claim to have retrieved for her?
4. What did the General's escort--the Guajiro Indian--carry with him in the early days of the General's reign?
5. How does Leticia Nazareno respond when the General calls her name?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)