|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the General disguise his inability to speak?
(a) His double.
(b) A recorded message.
(c) Limited public appearances.
2. How does the General react to the rebellion at San Jeronimo?
(a) He negotiates with the dissenters.
(b) He runs away in fear.
(c) He goes to the barracks unarmed.
(d) He downs a bottle of rum and cries.
3. Benedicion Alvarado screamed in horror because the walls perpetually oozed which of the following after the banquet?
(c) A strange black substance.
4. Where do the lepers live?
(a) On the streets.
(b) Among the rosebushes.
(c) In a special hospital.
(d) In the palace.
5. At what time did the General always begin the day?
(a) 9 a.m.
(b) Before 5 a.m.
(c) 1 p.m.
(d) After 11 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many officers obey the General's command?
2. Which craft does Manuela Sanchez's mother make?
3. In which activity is General Rodrigo de Aguilar authorized to beat the General?
4. What does the General think is the underlying cause of rebellion?
5. Why does the General become angry with his aids?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)