|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following objects was NOT among the items bearing the General's face?
2. How are the two thousand children transported from the palace?
(a) In milk carts, disguised as peasants.
(b) In boxcars late at night.
(c) In a barge.
(d) In the presidential limo, four-by-four.
3. After the deaths of the men who sacked the Palace, the General decides to do which of the following?
(a) Execute any potential opposition.
(b) Begin a reign of unprecedented terror.
(c) Demote Patricio Aragones.
(d) Stop torturing people.
4. Which group comes to investigate the disappearance of the children?
(a) The U.S. Marines.
(b) The United Nations.
(c) The League of Generals.
(d) The League of Nations.
5. How old was the General when he died?
(c) Between 107 and 232.
(d) Between 63 and 98.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the General's body parts seems out of proportion to the narrator?
2. What kind of birds did Benedicion Alvarado paint?
3. What happens to the dogs of the dogfight district during the renewal?
4. Who sends the telegram which is kept from the General's sights?
5. What reason did Patricio Aragones give for his claim that he and the General would meet death at a tie?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)