|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose husband does the General claim to have retrieved for her?
(a) Leticia Nazareno.
(b) Matilde Peralta.
(c) Manuela Sanchez.
(d) Bendicion Alvarado.
2. What does the General think is the underlying cause of rebellion?
(a) The people have too much time to think.
(b) The people think him ridiculous.
(c) The people object to his cruelty.
(d) The people dislike his policies.
3. How many assassination attempts did Patricio Aragones survive before he was hired by the General?
4. What does the General see anchored at sea?
(a) Three caravels.
(b) The American navy.
(c) The English.
(d) Patricio Aragones's navy.
5. What happens to the crocodiles after the sack of the palace?
(a) They are made the national reptile.
(b) They are honored as the General's personal guards.
(c) They are killed.
(d) They are released into the wild.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of animal destroyed the palace?
2. The General paid the blind man 5 cents to do which of the following?
3. Which of the following is NOT something General Rodrigo de Aguilar has in common with Ambassador Norton?
4. In the diplomat's report, what is the cow eating?
5. Which animal part are the General's hands compared to?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)