|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the crocodiles after the sack of the palace?
(a) They are released into the wild.
(b) They are honored as the General's personal guards.
(c) They are killed.
(d) They are made the national reptile.
2. Why does the General become uneasy after the palace is sacked?
(a) The message written in blood on the palace walls.
(b) The brazen act of defilement.
(c) Patricio Aragones' words.
(d) The ease with which the people celebrate both his life and his death.
3. According to rumor, what determined the General's lifespan?
(a) The tides of the sea.
(b) The cycles of the comet.
(c) Human time.
(d) The phases of the moon.
4. What kind of birds did Benedicion Alvarado paint?
5. What reason did Patricio Aragones give for his claim that he and the General would meet death at a tie?
(a) He could not best the General in dominoes.
(b) They are equals in dominoes.
(c) Their faces are on boths sides of both coins.
(d) The face of each man is one side of a coin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the wild parrots learn the song mocking the General?
2. At what time did the General always begin the day?
3. Who was the only general to not consume alcohol?
4. How is the presidential limo disguised?
5. Where is it said that Manuela retreated to?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)