|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the General refer to as his Queen?
(a) Manuela Sanchez.
(b) Lidice Santiago.
(c) Bendicion Alvarado.
(d) Leticia Nazareno.
2. Which character's death is described as a marker of the end of creation?
(a) Leticia Nazareno's.
(b) The General's.
(c) Major General Rodrigo de Aguilar's.
(d) Manuela Sanchez's.
3. Which omen caused the General to change the date of a public appearance?
(a) Bendicion Alvarado found an egg with two yolks.
(b) A dog died on the steps of the palace.
(c) All the birds in the palace died.
(d) The General saw a backwards comet.
4. What happened to the cause of Bendicion Alvarado?
(a) It was postponed because of the political significance of the results.
(b) It was suspended because of the General's interference.
(c) It was suspended for insufficient proof.
(d) It was rejected because of her unchaste youth.
5. What does the General do after his mother dies?
(a) He calls on the local priest to give her last rites.
(b) He sleeps face-down next to her body.
(c) He weeps for 13 days.
(d) He attempts to revive her for hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bendicion Alvarado's coffin filled with, to keep her body from rotting?
2. What does the General discover on "that historic October Friday"?
3. Who lost an arm defusing a bomb intended for the General?
4. What does the General bring to Manuela Sanchez?
5. Where did Benedicion Alvarado prefer to live?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)