|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many maids did Bendicion Alvarado receive?
2. How does the General disguise his inability to speak?
(a) A recorded message.
(c) His double.
(d) Limited public appearances.
3. Why does the General force Leticia to cancel all her public appearances?
(a) He fears an assassination attempt.
(b) He wants more time in the bedroom with her.
(c) He believes she should spend more time with their son.
(d) He becomes jealous of her favor with the people.
4. Which of the General's body parts seems out of proportion to the narrator?
(a) His sunken eyes.
(b) His hands.
(c) His feet.
(d) His ears.
5. Who sends the telegram which is kept from the General's sights?
(a) The Supreme Pontiff.
(b) Ambassador Palmerston.
(c) Benedicion Alvarado.
(d) Manuela Sanchez.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bars, bolts and locks does the General fasten before urinating on the portable latrine?
2. Whose husband does the General claim to have retrieved for her?
3. What is the ironic thing about the hurricane?
4. What did the General's escort--the Guajiro Indian--carry with him in the early days of the General's reign?
5. What happens to Poncio Daza?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)