|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of birds did Benedicion Alvarado paint?
2. How does Leticia legally steal from merchants at the market?
(a) The General proclaims her immune from prosecution.
(b) She claims it in the name of God.
(c) At her touch, it is damaged merchandise and the merchants give it away for free.
(d) She tells the merchants to send the bill to the government.
3. What happens to Poncio Daza?
(a) He is dismembered because the General favors his wife.
(b) He is spared because he concedes to the General's wishes.
(c) He takes a walk with the barefoot Indian.
(d) He kills himself after the General rapes his wife.
4. In a sack of what seems like coconuts, what does Jose Ignacio Saenz de la Barra deliver to the General?
(a) The heads of suspected enemies.
(b) The heads of the General's allies.
(c) A load of rocks.
(d) The heads of the General's remaining family.
5. The General proclaimed Benedicion Alvarado which of the following?
(a) A saint.
(b) Queen mother.
(c) A traitor.
(d) Matriarch of the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Benedicion Alvarado prefer to live?
2. What does the General do in honor of Leticia and the boy?
3. From what are the lepers under the rose bushes dying?
4. What does the second bulletin released after the General's death declare?
5. Not even which of the following could restore a look of authority to the General's corpse?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)