|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapters 40-68.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the research vessel that is described in the opening of the Prologue?
2. What have Dr. Kate Warner’s hands been secured with in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 28?
(c) Zip ties.
(d) Duct tape.
3. The mini-yacht that Harto has received from David Vale in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 39 is said to be capable of sleeping how many people below deck in the master stateroom, port guest stateroom, and aft guest stateroom?
4. The narrator in the Prologue says that when Karl’s team had set out to sea, Naomi had brought aboard “two changes of clothes, three romance novels, and” what kind of liquor?
5. The wire release that opens Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 27 is from what news organization?
(a) Toba Protocol.
(b) BBC World Report.
(c) Al Jazeera.
(d) The Associated Press.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the letter that David Vale has left to Josh Cohen to read upon his death in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 25, he tells Josh to forward whatever he’s found to whom?
2. What writing on the submarine does Karl Selig make out as the iceberg crumbles in the Prologue of the novel?
3. Who arrives at the Clocktower Station Headquarters to meet with David Vale in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 9?
4. Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 8 opens with a wire release from what news organization?
5. The iceberg that has broken off from Antarctica is described in the Prologue as having a surface area covering how much space?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)