|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapters 40-68.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The wire release that opens Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 27 is from what news organization?
(a) The Associated Press.
(b) BBC World Report.
(c) Al Jazeera.
(d) Toba Protocol.
2. David Vale tells Josh Cohen in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 12 that of the 240 attendees at the conference, how many “never made it home”?
3. What is the name of the research vessel that is described in the opening of the Prologue?
4. The mini-yacht that Harto has received from David Vale in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 39 is said to be capable of holding how many people above deck?
5. What is the name of Dr. Kate Warner’s adoptive father who encouraged her to go abroad to continue her research?
(a) Howard Keegan.
(b) David Vale.
(c) Martin Grey.
(d) Steve Cooper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 2 is set at what location?
2. What name is on the ID badge that Kate wears along with a white coat found in the locker at the train station in Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapter 51?
3. After reading David Vale’s letter in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 25, Josh Cohen fulfills the orders asking Josh to distribute funds to various bank accounts. Josh watches as five transactions take place of what sum of money each?
4. How many seats are in the airplane that David leads Kate to in Part II: "A Tibetan Tapestry," Chapter 46?
5. The iceberg that has broken off from Antarctica is described in the Prologue as having a surface area covering how much space?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)