|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue and Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapters 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man introduced by the narrator in the opening of Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 2, who is watching the man who buys a New York Times at the newsstand?
(a) Dmitry Kozlov.
(b) David Vale.
(c) Conner Anderson.
(d) Adam Lynch.
2. The research vessel described in the opening of the Prologue is said to be how many miles off the coast of Antarctica?
(a) 62 miles.
(b) 88 miles.
(c) 45 miles.
(d) 25 miles.
3. According to the narrator in the novel’s Prologue, the Nazis sent expeditions to Antarctica in what years?
(a) 1938 and 1939.
(b) 1940 and 1941.
(c) 1942 and 1943.
(d) 1941 and 1942.
4. What is the setting of Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 4?
(a) Immari Jakarta Headquarters.
(b) Cape Town, South Africa.
(c) Manggarai Train Station.
(d) The Clocktower Safe House.
5. In Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 1, Dr. Kate Warner finds a photograph among her things. It is the only photograph Kate has of her childhood home where?
(a) West Berlin.
(b) North Dakota.
Short Answer Questions
1. The man who is being met with in the beginning of Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 2 is described as an informant with information about an imminent terrorist attack called what?
2. What is the setting of Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 6?
3. Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 2 is set at what location?
4. Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 8 opens with a wire release from what news organization?
5. In what year did Indonesia declare independence from the Netherlands?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)