|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue and Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapters 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the director of the Clocktower counterterrorism organization in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 2?
(a) Nakula Pang.
(b) Dmitry Kozlov.
(c) Adam Lynch.
(d) Howard Keegan.
2. According to the narrator in the novel’s Prologue, the Nazis sent expeditions to Antarctica in what years?
(a) 1942 and 1943.
(b) 1941 and 1942.
(c) 1938 and 1939.
(d) 1940 and 1941.
3. What is Jin’s identification number that is called out over the loudspeakers in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 11?
4. The iceberg that has broken off from Antarctica is described in the Prologue as having a surface area covering how much space?
(a) 47 square miles.
(b) 121 square miles.
(c) 15 square miles.
(d) 26 square miles.
5. David Vale tells Josh Cohen in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 12 that of the 240 attendees at the conference, how many “never made it home”?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator in the Prologue says that when Karl’s team had set out to sea, Naomi had brought aboard “two changes of clothes, three romance novels, and” what kind of liquor?
2. What is the name of the man introduced by the narrator in the opening of Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 2, who is watching the man who buys a New York Times at the newsstand?
3. In what year did Indonesia declare independence from the Netherlands?
4. What is the setting of Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 4?
5. What writing on the submarine does Karl Selig make out as the iceberg crumbles in the Prologue of the novel?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)