|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue and Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapters 1-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jin’s identification number that is called out over the loudspeakers in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 11?
2. What is the setting of Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 6?
(a) Manggarai Train Station.
(b) The Clocktower Safe House.
(c) Immari Corp. Research Complex.
(d) Secure Comms Room, Clocktower Station Headquarters.
3. According to the narrator in the novel’s Prologue, the Nazis sent expeditions to Antarctica in what years?
(a) 1941 and 1942.
(b) 1940 and 1941.
(c) 1938 and 1939.
(d) 1942 and 1943.
4. What is the name of the man introduced by the narrator in the opening of Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 2, who is watching the man who buys a New York Times at the newsstand?
(a) Adam Lynch.
(b) Conner Anderson.
(c) Dmitry Kozlov.
(d) David Vale.
5. In the Prologue, Karl Selig watches as an iceberg crumbles. Who is Karl’s grad school friend that he calls to “come check this out”?
(a) David Vale.
(b) Josh Cohen.
(c) Ben Adelson.
(d) Steve Cooper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 2 is set at what location?
2. David Vale tells Josh Cohen in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 12 that of the 240 attendees at the conference, how many “never made it home”?
3. What is the name of Dr. Kate Warner’s adoptive father who encouraged her to go abroad to continue her research?
4. What is the name of the research vessel that is described in the opening of the Prologue?
5. Dr. Kate Warner’s lab assistant tells her in Part I: "Jakarta Burning," Chapter 1 that she’s going to work herself to death. He describes Dr. Warner’s secrecy, hoarding of notes, and refusal to talk to anyone about what?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)