|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book Karl Marx wrote that is swept under the proverbial rug in America?
2. What language inhibits the overall artistic aspect of the book according to the author?
3. What word could be used to describe those that embraced Protestantism in regards to working?
4. How does the author describe the arrangement of the arcades that he is trying to mimic in his text in Chapter 10?
5. Which of the following areas is not mentioned as being necessary for a dynamic European life?
Essay Topic 1
Education is an important theme discussed by the author who is able to show the affects of improving Europe's educational system. Part 1.) How did the author show the evolution of the educational system in Europe? Part 2.) How did those is the public alter their way of living after education was improved; i.e. shop owners becoming more educated in various art forms to better serve customers? Part 3.) How does the bohemian culture help portray the affects of being well educated and the benefits it can have on society?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the portrayal of God and Satan in the book. What image might the author be trying to project about these two characters based on their portrayal in the book? Are these portrayals strictly religious or could they be perceived in a different way?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the portrayal of urbanism in the book. What is the underlying need behind urban development, and how can it be considered prejudice given Hausmann's efforts in Paris?
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)