Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many consecutive days was the workweek for Europeans in the 1800s?
2. What is the worker's cry the author used as an example of class differences that was answered with "Let them eat cake"?
3. How would you describe the mentality of the bohemians?
4. What is the title of Chapter 8 of the book?
5. What were bohemes known to be in their families?
Examine the portrayal of political institutions in the book. What reason does the author have for placing emphasis on the creation of political institutions like Communism, namely when suggesting they derived from other cultures? What message might he be saying about the nature of unity even in politics?
Compare and contrast the portrayal of work and retirement in the book. How were these two acts considered similar to one another in the European culture in the 1800s given the definition given of each term by the author?
The flaneur is an individual who chooses to wander a place and discover new things about themselves and the things around them. Part 1.) How did the author appear to take on the guise of a flaneur while writing this book? Part 2.) How might the author write the book in a way that makes the reader a flaneur? Part 3.) Based on the presence of the flaneur concept, what value might the author find in discovering the essence of your surroundings and truly getting to know all aspects instead of just one small area?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)