|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Group 1 of Fourier's schema consist of?
2. How many works does Victor Hugo believe the human spirit to have?
3. What is the name of the artist that the author discusses in Chapter 10?
4. What does the author say is greatly influenced by the affects of technology on culture?
5. What does the author note for being something street fighting can help prevent?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the portrayal of urbanism in the book. What is the underlying need behind urban development, and how can it be considered prejudice given Hausmann's efforts in Paris?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the portrayal of violence in the book. How does the author portray violence as necessary and useful through his accounts of street fighting and rioting in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's broad use of quotes and fonts in the book. How might the author be using these things to not only showcase a wide variety of ideas and theories but also the actual art form associated within each convolute in the book?
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)