Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the brief schematics included in Chapter 14 say about the development of the book's layout?
2. Which of the following traits was not included in Group 2 of Fourier's scheme?
3. What does the author note for being something street fighting can help prevent?
4. How many consecutive days was the workweek for Europeans in the 1800s?
5. What is the name of the artist that the author discusses in Chapter 10?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's portrayal of war and its impact on society in the book. What might the author be saying about the hindrances war has on writing, and thus the ability for society to evolve, given his account of Nietzsche and Hegel at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the portrayal of Germany and France in the book. What information does the author offer us about both countries ideologies based on his comparisons of them in the book?
Essay Topic 3
The arcades play a role throughout much of the book, but their presence should be taken for more than face value. Part 1.) Why does the author try and mimic his writing to the nature of the arcades with sparse bits of information given to create a whole? Part 2.) What might the author wish for the arcades to symbolize in regards to society in the 19th century? Part 3.) Does the author wish for the arcades to serve as a vehicle to tell the story of European society's evolution over time?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)