Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the men in suits sitting on in the rain in the lithography featured in Chapter 7?
2. What city are the arcades the author focuses on located?
3. What does the author describe as "thee" capital of Europe in the 19th century?
4. What year did the idea of public exhibition of goods occur in France?
5. What year did Au Bon Marche sell 450,000 Francs?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author discuss iron girders in Chapter 5?
2. What does the author credit for the initial emergence of arcades in late 1830s France?
3. How does the author first describe a convolute in the book?
4. How does the author first describe the lithograph in the book?
5. How is the story by Lisa Fittko described in the book?
6. How were barricades used at the arcades in Paris?
7. How does the author first describe surrealism in the book?
8. How is the struggle between the economic and social class described in Chapter 5?
9. How is Theodor Adorno first described in the book?
10. How is the first lighting installed in the arcades described in the book?
Examine the author's broad use of quotes and fonts in the book. How might the author be using these things to not only showcase a wide variety of ideas and theories but also the actual art form associated within each convolute in the book?
Discuss the concept of the imagination that is presented in the book. What can we learn about the possibilities of the imagination based on the portrayal of the Romantics point of view in the book?
Discuss the portrayal of humanism in the book. What can we learn about the emergence of humanist beliefs based on the portrayal of Fourier's schema of the human passions?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)