|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country along with Switzerland is mentioned in Chapter 13?
2. What were the higher education institutes discussed in Chapter 13 made for?
3. How many victims does the author note for having cumulative eyestrain?
(c) Hundreds of thousands.
4. What does the author credit religion for influencing in Chapter 12?
(a) The economy.
(c) Working life.
(d) Home life.
5. What does the author say the mutual ignorance of the upper and lower classes did not improve their ability to do?
(a) Relate with each other.
(b) Live near each other.
(c) Go into business together.
(d) Marry one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a suppressed theme throughout the book but is examined in Chapter 12?
2. Which country does the author say has a blind spot to all the areas necessary for being dynamic?
3. What does the author say the class warfare and conflict management in Europe is part of?
4. How many novels does the author note Alexander Dumas for writing?
5. What notable accessory does the author wear in his photo that makes him look smart?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author define retirement in the book?
2. How does the author describe the workaholic actions of the poor in Chapter 12?
3. What is the nature of the contents of Early Draft in Chapter 14?
4. How does the author discuss religion in Chapter 12?
5. How does the author discuss the importance of translations at the end of Chapter 13?
6. How is Alexander Dumas first described in the book?
7. How does the author first describe philanthropy in the book?
8. How does the author describe the upper class's inability to relate to the lower class?
9. How does the author describe street fighting methods in Munich?
10. How is cumulative eyestrain described?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)