|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say the improvement of the education system took students beyond?
(a) To genius level.
(b) To discover new things.
(c) To propose new theories.
(d) The limits of their parent's knowledge.
2. How are the streets often left during street fights?
3. What is the title of Chapter 12 of the book?
(d) Final Sketches.
4. What does the author say the mutual ignorance of the upper and lower classes did not improve their ability to do?
(a) Live near each other.
(b) Go into business together.
(c) Relate with each other.
(d) Marry one another.
5. How many novels does the author note Alexander Dumas for writing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which class are the bohemians usually not from?
2. What is the title of Chapter 10 of the book?
3. What does the author say was an unfortunate cultural reaction associated with shortage of economic policy?
4. What is the name of the artist that the author discusses in Chapter 10?
5. Where are the photos of the author shot in that are shown in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe the upper class's inability to relate to the lower class?
2. How is the creation of polytechnics first discussed in the book?
3. Describe the four groups involved in Fourier's schema.
4. How does the author express Baudelaire's vision of urban life in the book?
5. How does the author describe the nature of Fourier's racism in Chapter 8?
6. How does the author discuss religion in Chapter 12?
7. How does the author describe the differences between the young and old bohemians?
8. How does the author describe the motivations for women and children to go to work from 1820-1895?
9. How are the British described in Chapter 13?
10. How does the author describe the plight of European men in Chapter 9?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)