|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author begin labeling the chapters in Chapter 10?
(a) With symbols.
(b) With numbers.
(c) With different colors.
(d) With lower case letters.
2. What is the heading of the first leaf page after the Chapter 14 title page?
(a) Early Drafts.
3. What is the name of the girl who was used as a public image for European workers?
4. Who might be the most interested in reading Chapter 14 given its subject matter?
(a) Those uninterested.
(b) Those passionately interested.
(c) Those looking for an overview.
(d) Those mildly interested.
5. What did Fourier believe was the most powerful of human passions?
(a) The senses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say was an unfortunate cultural reaction associated with shortage of economic policy?
2. What does the author say is greatly influenced by the affects of technology on culture?
3. What rank did the man initially have in Daumier's story shown in Chapter 10?
4. Complete the following sentence by the author regarding Fourier, "The autonomy of art has its origin in the concealment of ______".
5. What is the span of years where French people were considered workaholics?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Alexander Dumas first described in the book?
2. How does the author discuss the importance of translations at the end of Chapter 13?
3. How does the author describe the motivations for women and children to go to work from 1820-1895?
4. How does the author describe the two distinctive ideas within Germany and France in regard to social order?
5. What is the nature of the contents of Early Draft in Chapter 14?
6. How does the author describe the workaholic actions of the poor in Chapter 12?
7. How does the author describe the nature of Fourier's racism in Chapter 8?
8. How does the author express Baudelaire's vision of urban life in the book?
9. Describe the author's appearance in the first photos shown of him in the book?
10. How does the author first describe philanthropy in the book?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)