|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the arcades allow merchants to do because the areas were sufficiently enclosed?
(a) Hold bulk stock.
(d) Keep money.
2. How were most weddings before the 19th century in Paris described?
(a) The people marrying each other chose.
(b) Chosen by the King.
(c) The groom chose a bride.
3. What political theory does the author focus on in Chapter 7?
4. What country does the word Konyolute derive from?
5. What philosopher is the primary focus of Chapter 6?
(b) Streetfighting in Munich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did the author Nietzche hail from?
2. What does the author say Baudelaire did not have as a child?
3. Which of the following things is not considered part of the psychological order the arcades created?
4. Who is the author of the book?
5. What industry relied upon the success of the iron industry in the 19th century?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author discuss the use of technology at the end of Chapter 5?
2. How are fonts first discussed in the book?
3. How is romanticism first described in the book?
4. How does the author explain his writing method for the book in regards to the Parisian arcades?
5. How does the author first describe the lithograph in the book?
6. How does the author describe imagination at the end of Chapter 6?
7. How does the author first describe surrealism in the book?
8. How is the first lighting installed in the arcades described in the book?
9. How is Nietzsche's writing style described in Chapter 4?
10. What does the author credit for the initial emergence of arcades in late 1830s France?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)