|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did the idea of public exhibition of goods occur in France?
2. What century does Theodor Adorno work in?
3. What year does the author discuss Baudelaire writing to a princess?
4. Complete the following sentence from the author discussing Romantic beliefs, "The primary interest of _______ is not linguistic but optical."
5. What title was given to the poor people of France in the 19th century?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say places like Paris were celebrations of the power of?
2. What does the author say Baudelaire did not have as a child?
3. What were used both in the railroad and the arcades during their constructions?
4. What does the author say the arcade was a precursor to in modern society?
5. What was Nietzche famous for criticizing in his writings?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Theodor Adorno first described in the book?
2. How are the sales of the arcade shops described during the mid 1800s?
3. How does the author describe the fate of a woman poisoner in Chapter 2?
4. How does Hausmann's urban planning affect the poor people of Paris?
5. How does the author discuss iron girders in Chapter 5?
6. How is the modern age first described in the book?
7. How is Nietzsche's writing style described in Chapter 4?
8. How is the drug culture of Europe discussed in Chapter 6?
9. How does the author describe the importance of manufacturing in Chapter 3?
10. How does the author explain his writing method for the book in regards to the Parisian arcades?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)