|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say bohemians are characterized by?
(a) Their art.
(b) Their level of education.
(c) Their wealth.
(d) Their desparity.
2. What were bohemes known to be in their families?
(a) Shining stars.
(c) Bad seeds.
3. What is the name of the man who is the key character in a story by Daumier shown in Chapter 10?
4. What religious denomination does the author discuss being cultivated in the community in Chapter 12?
5. Which of the following traits was not included in Group 2 of Fourier's scheme?
6. How are the streets often left during street fights?
7. What is an integral and necessary part of the whole book according to Chapter 13?
8. How many victims does the author note for having cumulative eyestrain?
(a) Hundreds of thousands.
9. What is the title of Chapter 9 of the book?
(a) Streetfighting in Munich.
(b) Urban Myth.
(d) First Sketches.
10. Which country is mentioned most after France and Germany?
11. What other hobby does the author note for creating eyestrain like reading?
12. What is the title of Chapter 10 of the book?
(b) Urban Myth.
(d) Barricade Fighting & Daumier.
13. Which country along with Switzerland is mentioned in Chapter 13?
14. What language inhibits the overall artistic aspect of the book according to the author?
15. What is the section titled "Ecole Polytechnique" refer to in regards to the changes made in Europe in the 1800s?
(a) Economic policy.
(b) Class struggles.
(c) The textile industry.
(d) The education system.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the mutual ignorance of the upper and lower classes did not improve their ability to do?
2. What races does the author say Fourier disliked?
3. What is the heading of the first leaf page after the Chapter 14 title page?
4. What did Fourier believe was the most powerful of human passions?
5. Who does the author claim Karl Marx took portions of Communist beliefs?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)