|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say is greatly influenced by the affects of technology on culture?
(a) The arcades.
2. How would you describe the mentality of the bohemians?
(b) Mine workers.
3. What does the author say bohemians are characterized by?
(a) Their wealth.
(b) Their art.
(c) Their desparity.
(d) Their level of education.
4. What higher education institutes does the author discuss the creation of in Chapter 13?
5. What does the author say was an unfortunate cultural reaction associated with shortage of economic policy?
(a) Residential rioting.
6. How does the author begin labeling the chapters in Chapter 10?
(a) With lower case letters.
(b) With numbers.
(c) With different colors.
(d) With symbols.
7. What name did Fourier give to those exhibiting intrigue in his schema?
(a) The promise.
(b) The cabalist.
(c) The zorb.
8. What did the author say class differences did along with serving the community?
(c) Offered support.
(d) Gave back.
9. Complete the following sentence by the author regarding Fourier, "The autonomy of art has its origin in the concealment of ______".
10. Which of the following courses is not included in the field of polytechnics?
(a) Civil engineering.
11. What is the title of Chapter 8 of the book?
(c) Street fighting.
(d) Urban Myth.
12. Which country along with Switzerland is mentioned in Chapter 13?
13. What is the section titled "Ecole Polytechnique" refer to in regards to the changes made in Europe in the 1800s?
(a) The textile industry.
(b) Economic policy.
(c) The education system.
(d) Class struggles.
14. What is the name of the artist that the author discusses in Chapter 10?
(a) Victor Hugo.
(b) Alexander Dumas.
(d) Friedrich Nietzsche.
15. What is the span of years where French people were considered workaholics?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 14 of the book?
2. What term is described as stopping work and trying different things?
3. What does the author offer about the nature of Europe in hopes of educating Americans?
4. Which of the following words is not a title page in Chapter 14?
5. What were the higher education institutes discussed in Chapter 13 made for?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)