|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Addenda.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two nations does the author discuss regarding them as Continental Europe's major nations in Chapter 8?
(a) Russia and Germany.
(b) France and Germany.
(c) Germany and Italy.
(d) France and Britain.
2. How were most weddings before the 19th century in Paris described?
(a) The people marrying each other chose.
(c) Chosen by the King.
(d) The groom chose a bride.
3. What country did the author Nietzche hail from?
4. Who do we see photographs of for the first time in Chapter 14?
(a) The writers discussed.
(b) The author.
(c) The arcade owners.
(d) The politicians discussed.
5. What concept does the author credit as an attribute of the modern world along with ennui?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the worker's cry the author used as an example of class differences that was answered with "Let them eat cake"?
2. Which of the following things is not considered part of the psychological order the arcades created?
3. What title was given to the poor people of France in the 19th century?
4. What does the author say bohemians are characterized by?
5. Which of the following literary figures was not mentioned by the author as characterizing the 19th century intellectual climate of Europe?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)