|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Barricade Fighting & Daumier.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say the mutual ignorance of the upper and lower classes did not improve their ability to do?
(a) Live near each other.
(b) Marry one another.
(c) Go into business together.
(d) Relate with each other.
2. What phrase does the author discuss that is spelled backwards in Chapter 6?
(a) CHANGING STATION.
(b) COFFEE ROOM.
(d) WASHING ROOM.
3. What is the name of the letter G section of Chapter 5?
(b) First Sketches.
(d) Exhibitions, Advertising, Grandville.
4. How many people does the author say that Dumas's work gained employment thanks to him?
5. What does the author discuss a massive drive to increase in regard to workers?
(b) Health care.
(c) Civil rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of technology was first used in the arcades of Paris according to Chapter 2?
2. What does the author say the arcade was a precursor to in modern society?
3. What subjects did Baudelaire believe the future of literature would rely on?
4. What word does Theodor Adorno use to describe a group of notes that share the same topics?
5. Who does the author say had a six-foot-high gold-plated key on their business sign at the arcade?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)