|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, K,L,M,N,O,P.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author describe as "thee" capital of Europe in the 19th century?
2. What year did the arcades first turn a $21 million Francs profit?
3. Which of the following men are not discussed in Chapter 7, Section S?
4. Who is the author of the book?
(a) Alexander Dumas.
(b) Howard Eiland.
(c) Walter Benjamin.
(d) Friedrich Nietzsche.
5. What is the name of the palace in London depicted in a lithograph in Chapter 5?
(a) The Silver Estate.
(b) The Golden Cathedral.
(c) Crystal Palace.
(d) Westminster Abbey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following things is not considered part of the psychological order the arcades created?
2. What movement is the commune built after?
3. What phrase does the author discuss that is spelled backwards in Chapter 6?
4. Other than French, what other culture is represented in the poems shared in Chapter 2?
5. How old was the young woman Baudelaire tells a story of her relationship with a 60 year old man?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)