|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, K,L,M,N,O,P.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subjects did Baudelaire believe the future of literature would rely on?
(a) Science and philosophy.
(b) History and science.
(c) Theology and history.
(d) Philosophy and religion.
2. What country did the author Nietzche hail from?
3. What does the author describe as a group of notes that are associated with the same topic?
4. Where is the commune discussed in the book primarily located?
(a) In Germany.
(b) Inside Paris.
(c) In Britain.
(d) Outside Paris.
5. Other than French, what other culture is represented in the poems shared in Chapter 2?
(d) East Asian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the middle class that emerged in Paris in the 19th century?
2. What does the author say places like Paris were celebrations of the power of?
3. What occupation does Theodor Adorno hold?
4. What occupation is the woman whose arcade is destroyed in a fire in Chapter 2?
5. What decade did the arcades first emerge in France?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)