|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Baudelaire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subjects did Baudelaire believe the future of literature would rely on?
(a) Science and philosophy.
(b) Theology and history.
(c) Philosophy and religion.
(d) History and science.
2. What does the author describe as "thee" capital of Europe in the 19th century?
3. What country did the author Nietzche hail from?
4. Who does the author say had a six-foot-high gold-plated key on their business sign at the arcade?
(a) A cook.
(b) The locksmith.
(c) The Mayor.
(d) A professor.
5. What did the arcade merchants unite to provide for the first time according to Chapter 5?
(a) Street cafes.
(b) Street entertainment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Nietzche famous for criticizing in his writings?
2. What word does Theodor Adorno use to describe a group of notes that share the same topics?
3. What were the poor people of Paris forced to do as a consequence of urban planning in the 19th century?
4. Whose urban planning devastated the poor people of Paris in the 19th century?
5. What year did Au Bon Marche sell 450,000 Francs?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)