|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Baudelaire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concept does the author credit as an attribute of the modern world along with ennui?
2. What is the art form that is a printed image on wood or metal?
3. What city are the arcades the author focuses on located?
4. What two centuries does the book span?
(a) 20th and 21st.
(b) 18th and 19th.
(c) 19th and 20th.
(d) 17th and 18th.
5. Whose urban planning devastated the poor people of Paris in the 19th century?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author describe as "thee" capital of Europe in the 19th century?
2. What year did the arcades first turn a $21 million Francs profit?
3. What was street fighting done without in Paris?
4. What is the name of the palace in London depicted in a lithograph in Chapter 5?
5. Which of the following activities is not classified as "full bodied" by the author?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)