|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Beginning of Photography.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What industry does the author say allowed for the emergence of arcades because they were booming?
2. What occupation is the woman whose arcade is destroyed in a fire in Chapter 2?
(a) A poisoner.
(b) A dress maker.
(c) A baker.
(d) A chef.
3. How might the order of the first chapter be described?
4. Complete this sentence from the opening of Section IV of Chapter 2, "The criminals in early _______ novels are neither gentlemen nor apaches, but private citizens of the middle class".
5. What is the first artistic movement the author discusses in the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the arcade was a precursor to in modern society?
2. Whose urban planning devastated the poor people of Paris in the 19th century?
3. What is the earlier date of the face page of the expose used in Chapter 2?
4. What does the author describe as a group of notes that are associated with the same topic?
5. How were most weddings before the 19th century in Paris described?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)