|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Beginning of Photography.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concept does the author credit as an attribute of the modern world along with ennui?
2. What two centuries does the book span?
(a) 17th and 18th.
(b) 20th and 21st.
(c) 19th and 20th.
(d) 18th and 19th.
3. How many street cafes were in Paris in 1757?
4. Complete this sentence from the opening of Section IV of Chapter 2, "The criminals in early _______ novels are neither gentlemen nor apaches, but private citizens of the middle class".
5. What century does Theodor Adorno work in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the poor people of Paris forced to do as a consequence of urban planning in the 19th century?
2. Who is credited with most of the photos used in the book?
3. What decade did the arcades first emerge in France?
4. What kinds of writings were mentioned as being part of Romanticism?
5. What objects served an important purpose to separate the public in the arcades from those outside?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)