|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Hausmannism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the art form that is a printed image on wood or metal?
2. Complete this sentence from the opening of Section IV of Chapter 2, "The criminals in early _______ novels are neither gentlemen nor apaches, but private citizens of the middle class".
3. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(d) Street Fighting.
4. In what decade does the author say business first increased at the arcades?
5. What is the earlier date of the face page of the expose used in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation does Theodor Adorno hold?
2. What does the author say places like Paris were celebrations of the power of?
3. What city are the arcades the author focuses on located?
4. What occupation is the woman whose arcade is destroyed in a fire in Chapter 2?
5. What does the author say women in Paris would do to be attractive despite it being uncomfortable?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)