|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Hausmannism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the later date of the face page of the expose used in Chapter 2?
2. What year did the arcades first turn a $21 million Francs profit?
3. What does the author describe as "thee" capital of Europe in the 19th century?
4. How might the order of the first chapter be described?
5. What occupation is the woman whose arcade is destroyed in a fire in Chapter 2?
(a) A poisoner.
(b) A chef.
(c) A baker.
(d) A dress maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the arcades allow merchants to do because the areas were sufficiently enclosed?
2. Complete this sentence from the opening of Section IV of Chapter 2, "The criminals in early _______ novels are neither gentlemen nor apaches, but private citizens of the middle class".
3. What is the art form that is a printed image on wood or metal?
4. What two centuries does the book span?
5. What city are the arcades the author focuses on located?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)