|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Hausmannism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say women in Paris would do to be attractive despite it being uncomfortable?
(a) Fix their hair.
(b) Wear high heels.
(c) Not eat.
(d) Dressing nicely.
2. In what decade does the author say business first increased at the arcades?
3. What year did the arcades first turn a $21 million Francs profit?
4. What decade did the arcades first emerge in France?
5. What century does Theodor Adorno work in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say supplanted the old soldier-laborer that the agrarian society depended on?
2. What occupation does Theodor Adorno hold?
3. What does the author say places like Paris were celebrations of the power of?
4. What two centuries does the book span?
5. What does the author use to distinguish sections within his chapters?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)