|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Further Conclusions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many works does Victor Hugo believe the human spirit to have?
2. What country did the author Nietzche hail from?
3. What kind of existence does the author say the urban development brought to Paris in Chapter 8?
4. What parts of society does the author say he's become accustomed to in Chapter 10?
5. Complete this sentence from the opening of Section IV of Chapter 2, "The criminals in early _______ novels are neither gentlemen nor apaches, but private citizens of the middle class".
Short Answer Questions
1. What title was given to the poor people of France in the 19th century?
2. What is the earlier date of the face page of the expose used in Chapter 2?
3. Other than French, what other culture is represented in the poems shared in Chapter 2?
4. What political theory does the author focus on in Chapter 7?
5. What is the title of Chapter 3?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)