|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Further Conclusions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the following sentence from the author discussing Romantic beliefs, "The primary interest of _______ is not linguistic but optical."
2. What is the name of the book Karl Marx wrote that is swept under the proverbial rug in America?
(a) The War in Germany.
(b) The Class War in France.
(c) A Look at Class Differences.
(d) The Class War.
3. Who does the author say had a six-foot-high gold-plated key on their business sign at the arcade?
(a) A professor.
(b) The Mayor.
(c) A cook.
(d) The locksmith.
4. What phrase does the author discuss that is spelled backwards in Chapter 6?
(a) WASHING ROOM.
(b) COFFEE ROOM.
(c) CHANGING STATION.
5. What is the title of Chapter 2?
(b) The Arcades.
(c) Street Fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Fourier believe was the most powerful of human passions?
2. What does the author offer about the nature of Europe in hopes of educating Americans?
3. What is the title of Chapter 5?
4. What does the author include a photo of at the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. What are the men in suits sitting on in the rain in the lithography featured in Chapter 7?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)