|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Further Conclusions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did the arcades first turn a $21 million Francs profit?
2. Which of the following areas is not mentioned as being necessary for a dynamic European life?
3. What literary and cultural style popular in the 19th century is discussed in Chapter 4?
4. What is the title of Chapter 7?
(c) Urban Myth.
(d) K, L, M, N, O, P.
5. Where is the commune discussed in the book primarily located?
(a) Outside Paris.
(b) Inside Paris.
(c) In Britain.
(d) In Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country is mentioned most after France and Germany?
2. What word did the author use to describe the nature of the workweek for Europeans in the 1800s that was finger numbing?
3. Which of the following things is not considered part of the psychological order the arcades created?
4. What objects served an important purpose to separate the public in the arcades from those outside?
5. What is a suppressed theme throughout the book but is examined in Chapter 12?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)