|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Street Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What area does the author say had improved so much that arcade clerks had to train in art and other areas?
2. Complete this sentence from the opening of Section IV of Chapter 2, "The criminals in early _______ novels are neither gentlemen nor apaches, but private citizens of the middle class".
3. Who does the author say had a six-foot-high gold-plated key on their business sign at the arcade?
(a) A cook.
(b) A professor.
(c) The locksmith.
(d) The Mayor.
4. What literary and cultural style popular in the 19th century is discussed in Chapter 4?
5. What country does the word Konyolute derive from?
Short Answer Questions
1. How were most weddings before the 19th century in Paris described?
2. What year did Au Bon Marche sell 450,000 Francs?
3. What were used both in the railroad and the arcades during their constructions?
4. What is the name of the palace in London depicted in a lithograph in Chapter 5?
5. What did the arcades allow merchants to do because the areas were sufficiently enclosed?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)