|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Conclusions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What objects served an important purpose to separate the public in the arcades from those outside?
(b) Glass walls.
2. What kinds of writings were mentioned as being part of Romanticism?
(a) Novels and poetry.
(b) Only poetry.
(d) Only novels.
3. How many street cafes were in Paris in 1757?
4. Which of the following literary figures was not mentioned by the author as characterizing the 19th century intellectual climate of Europe?
5. How were most weddings before the 19th century in Paris described?
(a) The people marrying each other chose.
(c) The groom chose a bride.
(d) Chosen by the King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did the author Nietzche hail from?
2. What concept does the author credit as an attribute of the modern world along with ennui?
3. What literary and cultural style popular in the 19th century is discussed in Chapter 4?
4. What is the title of Chapter 4 of the book?
5. Which of the following areas is not mentioned as being necessary for a dynamic European life?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)