|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Conclusions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many consecutive days was the workweek for Europeans in the 1800s?
2. What did Fourier believe was the most powerful of human passions?
(b) The senses.
3. What concept does the author credit as an attribute of the modern world along with ennui?
4. Whose urban planning devastated the poor people of Paris in the 19th century?
5. What is the title of Chapter 8 of the book?
(a) Street fighting.
(d) Urban Myth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What objects served an important purpose to separate the public in the arcades from those outside?
2. What groups does the author note for beginning to go to work in the 1800s to help make money?
3. What literary and cultural style popular in the 19th century is discussed in Chapter 4?
4. What word could be used to describe those that embraced Protestantism in regards to working?
5. What races does the author say Fourier disliked?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)