Chapter 1, Introductions
* Chapter 1 - The book starts by introducing the 19th and 20th centuries that the book will cover.
* The book uses a number of different fonts that clarify which sources are being used.
* The author begins discussing the arcades that were built in Paris.
* The author is moved by surrealism and he claims it influenced the writing of this book.
* The author discusses Theodor Adorno who has created a literary construct called a constellation, also known as a convolute.
* A convolute is a group of notes that are all within the same topic.
* The convolute derives from German where the author is from.
Chapter 2, Exposes
* Chapter 2 - There are a number of face pages in the book.
* The face pages range from French to Asian decorations.
* The author discusses the factors that led to the success of arcades in Paris.
* The boom in the textile industry of...
This section contains 1,599 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)