|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mr. Wilson's feeling about the compromise?
2. What did the New Jersey Plan allow the federal government to do?
3. What did Mr. Hamilton argue during the debate over the length of Senatorial term-lengths?
4. What did James Madison argue with relation to the New Jersey Plan?
5. Why did delegates argue for a small senate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the delegates' reaction to the New Jersey Plan.
2. What problems were Americans having with the Articles of Confederation?
3. Where did the Federalist Papers come from?
4. What were the forms of government being considered at the Constitutional Convention?
5. How did Congress vote on the question of whether Congress should have the ability to veto state laws that violate national laws?
6. What particular example of separation of powers did delegates argue over?
7. Why did Benjamin Franklin believe that government officers should not receive salaries?
8. Name three or more delegates and describe their attitudes toward popular rule.
9. What was Alexander Hamilton's position concerning the executive?
10. Describe George Mason's speech regarding the question of a single or plural executive.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the heart of the opposition between Federalists and Anti-federalists? Using three or four key issues, describe the fundamental differences between Federalists and Anti-federalists.
Essay Topic 2
How was the Bill of Rights created? Why was it not included in the original draft of the Constitution? Who called for it, and how was it arrived at? How did it change the nature of the Constitution?
Essay Topic 3
How did the Constitutional Convention protect states' rights? Discuss three issues as evidence of the Constitutional Convention's protection of the states.
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)