Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which form of government includes direct voting by the people?
2. Alexander Hamilton gave a speech that expressed what value?
3. What reason did Mr. Mason give for the view he presented at the convention?
4. What happened to the motion not to give government officers salaries?
5. What reason did delegates give for Senators being elected in state legislatures?
Short Essay Questions
1. What needs did Governor Edmund Randolph of Virginia believe the Virginia Plan would satisfy that the Articles did not?
2. What were the proposals for the requirements for citizenship?
3. What was an argument for electing Senators in state legislatures?
4. What was Alexander Hamilton's argument about the need for a central government?
5. Who opposed the election of Senators by state legislatures, and why?
6. What was DeWitt's position on ratification?
7. What were the "Federal Farmer's" arguments regarding ratification?
8. What was the Virginia Plan?
9. Describe the delegates' reaction to the New Jersey Plan.
10. Why was constitutional monarchy unpopular?
How did the Constitutional Convention establish a strong federal government? Discuss three issues as evidence of the Constitutional Convention's centralization of power in the federal government.
How did the Constitution change between its first draft after being compiled, and the final draft that was ratified by the states?
Compare and contrast the Articles of Confederation and the Constitution. What are the main differences? What similarities survived the Constitutional Convention, and why did they survive?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)