|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the dominant fear about the executive?
2. How much of the Virginia Plan was accepted?
3. What did James Madison argue concerning the question of whether the executive should be chosen by the legislature?
4. What did Randolph argue at the convention?
5. What did Mr. Mason propose in his arguments of June 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name three or more delegates and describe their attitudes toward popular rule.
2. What was the benefit of the proposal to elect representatives in the state legislatures?
3. What was the Virginia Plan?
4. What did delegates object to in the Virginia Plan?
5. Why did James Madison argue against the New Jersey Plan?
6. Who opposed the election of Senators by state legislatures, and why?
7. What were the delegates' positions on the question of Senatorial term limits?
8. What was Alexander Hamilton's argument about the need for a central government?
9. What was an argument for electing Senators in state legislatures?
10. What were some positions delegates took on the New Jersey Plan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the Constitution change between its first draft after being compiled, and the final draft that was ratified by the states?
Essay Topic 2
How was the Bill of Rights created? Why was it not included in the original draft of the Constitution? Who called for it, and how was it arrived at? How did it change the nature of the Constitution?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the opposition to the ratification of the Constitution. What were the objections to the ratification of the Constitution? How unified were the opponents of ratification?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)