|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject were the delegates debating in Chapter 6?
2. What did delegates oppose in the Virginia Plan?
3. What was the dominant fear about the executive?
4. What did the Virginia Plan propose to do to the Articles?
5. What did a legitimate government require, in James Madison's opinion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Alexander Hamilton's argument about the need for a central government?
2. Which delegates took positions on the term and election of the federal executive and what were their positions?
3. What were the delegates' positions on the question of Senatorial term limits?
4. In what ways were delegates afraid of executive power?
5. What did delegates object to in the Virginia Plan?
6. Why did Benjamin Franklin believe that government officers should not receive salaries?
7. What needs did Governor Edmund Randolph of Virginia believe the Virginia Plan would satisfy that the Articles did not?
8. Why was democracy unpopular?
9. What particular example of separation of powers did delegates argue over?
10. What was the heart of the opposition between Federalists and Anti-federalists?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the Constitutional Convention protect states' rights? Discuss three issues as evidence of the Constitutional Convention's protection of the states.
Essay Topic 2
Delegates and other leaders published articles for and against ratification after the Constitutional Convention, and they used pen names that were often shared between authors. Why did delegates use pen names, and how was the debate affected by authors hiding themselves behind pseudonyms?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the opposition to the ratification of the Constitution. What were the objections to the ratification of the Constitution? How unified were the opponents of ratification?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)