|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where should budget bills start, according to the compromise?
2. What power was missing from the Articles?
3. Which constituents did Dr. Johnson want to placate with the plan he advocated?
4. What must the government use its power to protect the people from, in James Madison's opinion?
5. What did George Mason say he feared, in his argument on June 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Mr. Gerry's objection to the Constitution?
2. How did Publius respond to Anti-Federalist concerns about tyranny in the Constitution?
3. What particular example of separation of powers did delegates argue over?
4. How did the signing of the Constitution go?
5. Where did the Federalist Papers come from?
6. Why was constitutional monarchy unpopular?
7. Describe the delegates' reaction to the New Jersey Plan.
8. Name three or more delegates and describe their attitudes toward popular rule.
9. How did Congress vote on the question of whether Congress should have the ability to veto state laws that violate national laws?
10. What were some positions delegates took on the New Jersey Plan?
Essay Topic 1
How were populous states and small states treated differently by the Constitutional Convention? What issues divided them, and how did they balance their interests in the national government?
Essay Topic 2
What values and what practical considerations were written into the Constitution regarding the election of government officials? How did the current electoral system evolve from the first debates through the draft Constitution and then the ratification process? What were the dominant arguments on either side of the debate, and whose values were ultimately written into the Constitution?
Essay Topic 3
Who is articulating the Anti-Federalist platform today? Compare and contrast Anti-Federalists today and Anti-Federalists of the 1780s.
This section contains 1,264 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)