|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mr. Sherman say election should take place?
2. What did James Madison support?
3. What would happen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
4. Why did delegates argue for a small senate?
5. What did James Madison argue during the argument over representation by person or by state?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems were Americans having with the Articles of Confederation?
2. Why was constitutional monarchy unpopular?
3. What needs did Governor Edmund Randolph of Virginia believe the Virginia Plan would satisfy that the Articles did not?
4. What did delegates discuss regarding the appointment of judges?
5. Why did Benjamin Franklin believe that government officers should not receive salaries?
6. What were the views on either side of the question of electing representatives?
7. What particular example of separation of powers did delegates argue over?
8. What was the benefit of the proposal to elect representatives in the state legislatures?
9. What were the delegates' positions on the question of Senatorial term limits?
10. What was the Great Compromise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is articulating the Anti-Federalist platform today? Compare and contrast Anti-Federalists today and Anti-Federalists of the 1780s.
Essay Topic 2
How did the Constitutional Convention protect states' rights? Discuss three issues as evidence of the Constitutional Convention's protection of the states.
Essay Topic 3
How was the Constitution changed by the ratification process? What was added? What was taken away? How did this affect the balance of powers between the states and the federal government?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)