|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which form of government includes direct voting by the people?
2. Alexander Hamilton gave a speech that expressed what value?
3. What reason did Mr. Mason give for the view he presented at the convention?
4. What happened to the motion not to give government officers salaries?
5. What reason did delegates give for Senators being elected in state legislatures?
Short Essay Questions
1. What needs did Governor Edmund Randolph of Virginia believe the Virginia Plan would satisfy that the Articles did not?
2. What were the proposals for the requirements for citizenship?
3. What was an argument for electing Senators in state legislatures?
4. What was Alexander Hamilton's argument about the need for a central government?
5. Who opposed the election of Senators by state legislatures, and why?
6. What was DeWitt's position on ratification?
7. What were the "Federal Farmer's" arguments regarding ratification?
8. What was the Virginia Plan?
9. Describe the delegates' reaction to the New Jersey Plan.
10. Why was constitutional monarchy unpopular?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. What themes are constant between the two documents? What are the main differences? What themes survived the war and the Articles of Confederation?
Essay Topic 2
How was the Constitution changed by the ratification process? What was added? What was taken away? How did this affect the balance of powers between the states and the federal government?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the opposition to the ratification of the Constitution. What were the objections to the ratification of the Constitution? How unified were the opponents of ratification?
This section contains 1,327 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)