|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mr. Wilson's feeling about the compromise?
2. What did delegates suggest would happen if state legislatures chose Representatives for the House?
3. Why did delegates argue for a judicial veto power?
4. Who proposed that government officers not receive salaries?
5. What happened to the motion not to give government officers salaries?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name three or more delegates and describe their attitudes toward popular rule.
2. Why did Benjamin Franklin believe that government officers should not receive salaries?
3. What did delegates object to in the Virginia Plan?
4. Describe George Mason's speech regarding the question of a single or plural executive.
5. Where did the Federalist Papers come from?
6. What needs did Governor Edmund Randolph of Virginia believe the Virginia Plan would satisfy that the Articles did not?
7. How was the New Jersey Plan an alternative to the Virginia Plan?
8. What paradox does James Madison articulate about the need for a strong federal government?
9. Why was constitutional monarchy unpopular?
10. Who opposed the election of Senators by state legislatures, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Articles of Confederation and the Constitution. What are the main differences? What similarities survived the Constitutional Convention, and why did they survive?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Constitution change between its first draft after being compiled, and the final draft that was ratified by the states?
Essay Topic 3
The Great Compromise created the bicameral legislature. How else did the practice of compromise affect the drafting and ratification of the Constitution? What issues were ultimately compromised on? What issues were not?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)