|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What compromise did Mr. Gerry want to reject regarding the ratification of the Constitution?
(a) The three-fifths compromise.
(b) The Great Compromise.
(c) The compromise over slavery.
(d) The Missouri Compromise.
2. What did Mr. Williamson advocate for the term length on the election or appointment of the executive?
(a) Four year terms for the executive, with a chance of reelection.
(b) Seven year terms for the executive, without reelection.
(c) Lifetime appointments for the executive.
(d) Seven year terms for the executive, with a chance of reelection
3. What did James Madison worry about concerning ratification in the states?
(a) The federal government would be powerless without unanimous ratification.
(b) The states might not act in the national interest.
(c) The states could hold the federal government hostage with no votes.
(d) The states could sink the ratification process.
4. What was the original proposal for the residency requirement for citizenship?
(a) 7 years residence.
(b) 14 years residence.
(c) 2 years residence.
(d) American birth.
5. How did Benjamin Franklin interpret the symbol on the President's chair?
(a) He saw it as a symbol of commerce.
(b) He saw it as a tree withstanding the storms.
(c) He saw it as a sun rising over the republic.
(d) He saw it as a predator subduing its enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did "Brutus" say was the danger of a standing army?
2. What argument did James Madison make concerning the fear of a centralized government?
3. What is the current residency requirement for citizenship?
4. What symbol did Benjamin Franklin remark on, on the President's chair?
5. What did "Federal Farmer" say the current Constitution would lead to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was added to the draft of the Constitution?
2. What was the Constitutional Convention's debate over the slave trade, and how was it resolved?
3. What was Mr. Gerry's objection to the Constitution?
4. Describe Patrick Henry's second speech to the Virginia legislature.
5. What did "Brutus" argue on the problem of representation in a large country?
6. What was DeWitt's position on ratification?
7. How did Publius respond to Anti-Federalist concerns about tyranny in the Constitution?
8. What was Mr. Mason's objection to the Constitution?
9. How did the signing of the Constitution go?
10. What did "Brutus" argue concerning standing armies?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)