|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which delegate expressed his regrets about not signing the Constitution?
(a) Mr. Hamilton.
(b) Mr. Mason.
(c) Mr. Williamson.
(d) Mr. Gerry.
2. How many delegates signed the Constitution?
(a) All but three.
(b) All but thirteen.
(c) All of them.
(d) All but twenty-three.
3. What argument did James Madison make concerning the fear of a centralized government?
(a) He said that there would be less regulation of business and commerce by a central government.
(b) He said that factions would check each other.
(c) He said that the standing army would only be used outside the borders.
(d) He said that taxation would be smaller under a central government.
4. Which committee recommendation did not make it into the Constitution?
(a) The Senate should choose the President in case of a tie in the Electoral College.
(b) Senate can amend budget bills.
(c) The Electoral College.
(d) Four year terms for President and vice-President.
5. What was Mr. Mason's fear about the Constitution as it was then drafted?
(a) He wanted a bill of rights.
(b) He feared that Congress did not have enough power to check the executive.
(c) He objected to the three-fifths compromise.
(d) He feared that his constituents would not ratify the draft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did "Federal Farmer" say the current Constitution would lead to?
2. What did opponents to the suffrage limitation argue?
3. What were supporters of the residency requirement for citizenship afraid of?
4. What was the vote tally when the Pennsylvania Convention voted on the Constitution?
5. What method of ratification did Mason and Madison advocate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was added to the draft of the Constitution?
2. What was Mr. Gerry's objection to the Constitution?
3. What was the Constitutional Convention's debate over the slave trade, and how was it resolved?
4. What did "Brutus" argue concerning standing armies?
5. What position did "Centinel" take regarding the ratification of the Constitution?
6. Describe James Wilson's speech.
7. What was James Madison's position on the election of the executive?
8. What were the "Federal Farmer's" arguments regarding ratification?
9. What was John DeWitt's argument regarding the will of the people?
10. What were the different views on the question of ratification of the Constitution?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)