|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was eliminated from the Constitution draft?
(a) Property qualifications for office.
(b) Protections against taxes on slavery.
(c) Laws governing territories and provinces.
(d) Restriction on imports.
2. What did Rhode Island propose in its ratification process?
(a) To give the people freedom of speech.
(b) To give the states the right to appoint politicians.
(c) To expand the government's ability to tax.
(d) To give the people the right to bear arms.
3. What powers did Mr. Mason argue the Congress should not have?
(a) The power to alter the budget.
(b) The power to originate budget bills.
(c) The power to recall the executive.
(d) The power to reject judicial nominations.
4. What did Mr. Sherman advocate about executive veto power?
(a) He said that the executive should have absolute veto.
(b) He said that the executive should not have a veto.
(c) He said that the executive veto power should be limited.
(d) He said that the executive should have veto power over the legislature, but not the judiciary.
5. What threat did Mr. Pinckney make if Congress has power to restrict the slave trade?
(a) To withhold ratification.
(b) To march on Washington.
(c) To filibuster.
(d) To secede.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did "Brutus" say was the danger of a standing army?
2. What did "Federal Farmer" see as a danger in the Constitution?
3. How did Benjamin Franklin interpret the symbol on the President's chair?
4. How did Patrick Henry describe fear?
5. Who was the "Federal Farmer"?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)