|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did "Brutus" argue in his letters?
(a) That the framers wanted to abolish the states.
(b) That the Supreme Court had too much power.
(c) That the government will be weak on military defense.
(d) That the nation was too big for a central government.
2. What did Mr. Pinckney think about slavery?
(a) That it was morally legitimate.
(b) That it was reprehensible.
(c) That it was a practical matter of power.
(d) That it was the rock on which the nation could founder.
3. Which delegate expressed his regrets about not signing the Constitution?
(a) Mr. Williamson.
(b) Mr. Mason.
(c) Mr. Gerry.
(d) Mr. Hamilton.
4. Where else did the question of proposing limitations arise, besides the debate over suffrage?
(a) Qualifications for owning property.
(b) Qualifications for holding office.
(c) Requirements for serving in the military.
(d) Qualifications for traveling abroad.
5. What did Benjamin Franklin advocate in a speech?
(a) Sending the Constitution back to committee.
(b) Sending the Constitution to the states for ratification.
(c) Revising the Constitution one more time.
(d) Signing the Constitution.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Benjamin Franklin interpret the symbol on the President's chair?
2. What did the Pennsylvania dissenters recommend to the Constitutional Convention?
3. What did "Publius" argue regarding the fear of a centralized government?
4. What reason did Alexander Hamilton give for ratification of the Constitution?
5. What was eliminated from the Constitution draft?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the dissenters say after losing the ratification vote in the Pennsylvania convention?
2. What was Mr. Gerry's objection to the Constitution?
3. What were the "Federal Farmer's" arguments regarding ratification?
4. Describe Patrick Henry's second speech to the Virginia legislature.
5. How did Publius respond to Anti-Federalist concerns about tyranny in the Constitution?
6. Describe James Wilson's speech.
7. What was Mr. Mason's objection to the Constitution?
8. What did "Brutus" argue on the problem of representation in a large country?
9. What was DeWitt's position on ratification?
10. What did "Brutus" argue concerning standing armies?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)