|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rhode Island propose in its ratification process?
(a) To give the people the right to bear arms.
(b) To give the people freedom of speech.
(c) To give the states the right to appoint politicians.
(d) To expand the government's ability to tax.
2. How did Benjamin Franklin interpret the symbol on the President's chair?
(a) He saw it as a symbol of commerce.
(b) He saw it as a predator subduing its enemies.
(c) He saw it as a sun rising over the republic.
(d) He saw it as a tree withstanding the storms.
3. What imbalance gave James Madison cause for worry about ratification in the states?
(a) The disparity between Northern and Southern state interests.
(b) The disparity between landowners and laborers.
(c) The disparity between national and state interests.
(d) The disparity between East Coast states and frontier territories.
4. What alternative did "Federal Farmer" propose in his first letter?
(a) Partial consolidation.
5. What did Patrick Henry say was the end of government?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did "Centinel" argue on the danger of checks and balances?
2. Who was the "Federal Farmer"?
3. What did Mr. Williamson advocate for the term length on the election or appointment of the executive?
4. What did James Madison worry about concerning ratification in the states?
5. What was the vote tally when the Pennsylvania Convention voted on the Constitution?
Short Essay Questions
1. What positions did the delegates take on the election of the executive?
2. What was John DeWitt's argument regarding the will of the people?
3. What was the Constitutional Convention's debate over the slave trade, and how was it resolved?
4. What was Mr. Mason's objection to the Constitution?
5. What was added to the draft of the Constitution?
6. What did "Brutus" argue on the problem of representation in a large country?
7. What did "Brutus" argue concerning standing armies?
8. Describe Patrick Henry's second speech to the Virginia legislature.
9. What were the different views on the question of ratification of the Constitution?
10. What was Mr. Gerry's objection to the Constitution?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)