|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did "Centinel" argue on the danger of checks and balances?
(a) He argued that checks and balances would paralyze the government.
(b) He argued that checks and balances would obscure corruption and tyranny.
(c) He argued that checks and balances would make the government slow to respond to military threats.
(d) He argued that checks and balances would create an endless torrent of inter-branch lawsuits.
2. How many delegates signed the Constitution?
(a) All but three.
(b) All but twenty-three.
(c) All of them.
(d) All but thirteen.
3. What did "Federal Farmer" say the current Constitution would lead to?
(c) Tyranny of the mass.
4. What compromise did Mr. Gerry want to reject regarding the ratification of the Constitution?
(a) The compromise over slavery.
(b) The Missouri Compromise.
(c) The three-fifths compromise.
(d) The Great Compromise.
5. What was Mr. Mason's fear about the Constitution as it was then drafted?
(a) He objected to the three-fifths compromise.
(b) He feared that his constituents would not ratify the draft.
(c) He feared that Congress did not have enough power to check the executive.
(d) He wanted a bill of rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was "Brutus"?
2. What was the original proposal for the residency requirement for citizenship?
3. What method of ratification did Mason and Madison advocate?
4. What did Gouverneur Morris advocate about executive veto power?
5. What did Massachusetts propose in its ratification process?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)