|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did "Federal Farmer" say the current Constitution would lead to?
(d) Tyranny of the mass.
2. What did Rhode Island propose to ban?
(a) Restrictions on inter-state trade.
(b) Checks and balances.
(c) Political contributions from businesses.
(d) Standing armies in peacetime.
3. What did Massachusetts, Virginia, New York, North Carolina, and Rhode Island propose during their ratification discussions?
(a) A bill of rights.
(b) Abolition of alcohol.
(c) Regulation of state laws.
(d) Abolition of slavery.
4. What fear kept the delegates from approving the Constitution draft and going home?
(a) Fear that Britain will ally with Spain against America.
(b) Fear that the states are conspiring against the federal government.
(c) Fear that slavery will divide the nation.
(d) Fear that the federal government has too much power.
5. What was James Wilson calling for in his speech to the Pennsylvania legislature?
(a) Ratification of the Constitution.
(b) States rights.
(c) Revision of the Constitution.
(d) Judiciary oversight of the executive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James Madison argue on the question of suffrage?
2. How did James Wilson address the absence of a Bill of Rights?
3. What did Mr. Sherman advocate about executive veto power?
4. How extensive were the changes the delegates made to the first draft of the Constitution?
5. Which committee recommendation did not make it into the Constitution?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the proposals for the requirements for citizenship?
2. What was John DeWitt's argument regarding the will of the people?
3. How did Publius respond to Anti-Federalist concerns about tyranny in the Constitution?
4. What were the "Federal Farmer's" arguments regarding ratification?
5. How did the signing of the Constitution go?
6. What was dropped from the draft of the Constitution?
7. What was James Madison's position on the election of the executive?
8. What did "Brutus" argue concerning standing armies?
9. What was Mr. Gerry's objection to the Constitution?
10. What positions did the delegates take on the election of the executive?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)