|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Benjamin Franklin advocate in a speech?
(a) Sending the Constitution back to committee.
(b) Revising the Constitution one more time.
(c) Signing the Constitution.
(d) Sending the Constitution to the states for ratification.
2. Who was DeWitt in reality?
(a) A Virginian Anti-Federalist.
(b) A New York Anti-Federalist.
(c) A Rhode Island Federalist.
(d) A Massachusetts Anti-Federalist.
3. What did Madison advocate concerning the election or appointment of the executive?
(a) Appointment by the Supreme Court would be best.
(b) Election by Congress would hurt the public interest.
(c) Election by the people would hurt the public interest.
(d) Appointment by an electoral college would be best.
4. How extensive were the changes the delegates made to the first draft of the Constitution?
(a) Revisions gave the Congress veto power over presidential appointments.
(b) Not extensive at all.
(c) Revisions separated the branches of government.
(d) The draft was almost entirely rewritten.
5. What did "Brutus" argue in his letters?
(a) That the government will be weak on military defense.
(b) That the Supreme Court had too much power.
(c) That the nation was too big for a central government.
(d) That the framers wanted to abolish the states.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did James Wilson argue concerning the Constitution's provision for a standing army?
2. What did "Federal Farmer" say the framers of the Constitution ultimately wanted?
3. What compromise did Mr. Gerry want to reject regarding the ratification of the Constitution?
4. What did Rhode Island propose to ban?
5. How did Patrick Henry describe fear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Constitutional Convention's debate over the slave trade, and how was it resolved?
2. What were the proposals for the requirements for citizenship?
3. Describe James Wilson's speech.
4. What did "Brutus" argue concerning standing armies?
5. How did Publius respond to Anti-Federalist concerns about tyranny in the Constitution?
6. Describe Patrick Henry's second speech to the Virginia legislature.
7. What did "Brutus" argue on the problem of representation in a large country?
8. What was dropped from the draft of the Constitution?
9. What did Massachusetts, Virginia, New York, North Carolina, and Rhode Island recommend after their ratification conventions?
10. What position did "Centinel" take regarding the ratification of the Constitution?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)