Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How extensive were the changes the delegates made to the first draft of the Constitution?
(a) Revisions separated the branches of government.
(b) Not extensive at all.
(c) Revisions gave the Congress veto power over presidential appointments.
(d) The draft was almost entirely rewritten.
2. What did Rhode Island propose in its ratification process?
(a) To give the states the right to appoint politicians.
(b) To expand the government's ability to tax.
(c) To give the people freedom of speech.
(d) To give the people the right to bear arms.
3. What was eliminated from the Constitution draft?
(a) Property qualifications for office.
(b) Restriction on imports.
(c) Laws governing territories and provinces.
(d) Protections against taxes on slavery.
4. What powers did Mr. Mason argue the Congress should not have?
(a) The power to recall the executive.
(b) The power to reject judicial nominations.
(c) The power to originate budget bills.
(d) The power to alter the budget.
5. What position was James Wilson asked to take in the Constitutional debate?
(a) He was asked to argue for additions to the Constitution.
(b) He was asked to defend the Constitution.
(c) He was asked to attack opponents of the Constitution.
(d) He was asked to promote revisions of the Constitution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rhode Island propose to ban?
2. What did James Wilson argue concerning the question of taxation?
3. What did "Centinel" argue on the danger of a centralized government?
4. What position did "Federal Farmer" take concerning the Constitution?
5. What did "Federal Farmer" argue regarding the separation of powers?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)