|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did "Federal Farmer" see as a danger in the Constitution?
(a) It prevented the states from adapting to political conditions.
(b) It would be protected by soldiers who were paid by the federal government.
(c) It reserved the right to be amended over time.
(d) Its powers were not listed explicitly.
2. What is the current residency requirement for citizenship?
(a) 4 years residence.
(b) American birth.
(c) 10 years residence.
(d) 7 years residence.
3. What alternative did "Federal Farmer" propose in his first letter?
(b) Partial consolidation.
4. What was Mr. Gerry's fear regarding the ratification of the Constitution?
(a) He feared that Senators' terms are too long.
(b) He feared that the states were not equally represented.
(c) He feared that his constituents would not ratify the draft.
(d) He feared that Congress did not have enough power to check the executive.
5. What limitation did delegates try to place on suffrage?
(a) National origin restrictions.
(b) Landowner restrictions.
(c) Race restrictions.
(d) Literacy restrictions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What threat did Mr. Pinckney make if Congress has power to restrict the slave trade?
2. How did Patrick Henry describe fear?
3. What was Mr. Mason's fear about the Constitution as it was then drafted?
4. What did Massachusetts propose in its ratification process?
5. What powers did Mr. Mason argue the Congress should not have?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)