|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What deliberative body created a compromise between the Virginia Plan and the New Jersey Plan?
(a) The Congress.
(b) The Senate.
(c) A grand committee.
(d) The Supreme Court.
2. What was Mr. Wilson's feeling about the compromise?
(a) He felt that appointed leaders were better suited for the work of governing.
(b) He felt that majority rule alone could legitimize government.
(c) He felt that elections were not accurate indications of the country's needs.
(d) He felt that popular participation would weaken government.
3. What was the Great Compromise?
(a) Bring Texas into the union as a slave state, and Missouri as free.
(b) Appoint judges for life, but allow them to be impeached.
(c) A bicameral legislature.
(d) The creation of the Electoral College.
4. What kind of representation did James Madison advocate?
(a) Representation by revenue.
(b) Representation by person.
(c) Representation by state.
(d) Representation by state size.
5. How did the South want the Constitution to regulate trade?
(a) The South wanted the Constitution to let Congress set tariffs with a simple majority vote.
(b) The South wanted the Constitution to keep Congress from restricting trade.
(c) The South wanted the Constitution to keep tariffs low indefinitely.
(d) The South wanted the Constitution not to regulate trade at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did William Paterson offer the convention?
2. Why did delegates argue for a small senate?
3. What did Randolph argue at the convention?
4. What did James Madison recommend for the appointment of Supreme Court Justices?
5. What must the government use its power to protect the people from, in James Madison's opinion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was DeWitt's position on ratification?
2. Why did "Brutus" say that representation would not work under the legislative branch?
3. Where did the Federalist Papers come from?
4. Why was constitutional monarchy unpopular?
5. Why was democracy unpopular?
6. What did Massachusetts, Virginia, New York, North Carolina, and Rhode Island recommend after their ratification conventions?
7. What were the "Federal Farmer's" arguments regarding ratification?
8. How did Publius respond to Anti-Federalist concerns about tyranny in the Constitution?
9. What was the Great Compromise?
10. What were the different views on the question of ratification of the Constitution?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)