|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43-45, Appendices I and II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What power was missing from the Articles?
(a) The power to conduct war.
(b) Executive power.
(c) The power to amend the Articles.
(d) The power to regulate foreign trade.
2. How much of the Virginia Plan was accepted?
(a) All of it.
(b) Most of it.
(c) None of it.
(d) A few key provisions.
3. Why did Mr. Wilson prefer the New Jersey Plan?
(a) Because it provided for a standing army.
(b) Because it provided multiple legislative houses.
(c) Because it protected America from European influence.
(d) Because it centralized power in the executive.
4. What thoughts did Mr. Madison express on the topic of elections during debate at the convention?
(a) He said that elections are too important to trust to the people.
(b) He said that elections are a step in dissolving government.
(c) He said that elections are essential for free government.
(d) He said that elections could be bought too easily to be trusted.
5. How did Patrick Henry describe fear?
(a) As the paralyzing emotion.
(b) As the passion of slaves.
(c) As the restraint of the wise.
(d) As the enemy to reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did James Madison worry about concerning ratification in the states?
2. What was the objection to constitutional monarchy at the constitutional convention?
3. What fear kept the delegates from approving the Constitution draft and going home?
4. What did James Wilson argue regarding the abolition of trial by jury at the federal level?
5. What did "Brutus" say about the danger of trying to govern a large area?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)