|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43-45, Appendices I and II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did James Madison argue with relation to the New Jersey Plan?
(a) It cannot settle arguments between the states.
(b) It will give too much power to small states.
(c) It cannot support itself with tax revenue.
(d) It will not protect small states from bigger states.
2. Who was particularly concerned about the Virginia Plan?
(a) Southern states.
(b) Small states.
(c) Populous states.
(d) Large states.
3. What was the vote tally when the Pennsylvania Convention voted on the Constitution?
4. What was Mr. Gerry's fear regarding the ratification of the Constitution?
(a) He feared that the states were not equally represented.
(b) He feared that Congress did not have enough power to check the executive.
(c) He feared that his constituents would not ratify the draft.
(d) He feared that Senators' terms are too long.
5. What did Patrick Henry say was the end of government?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the convention call for on July 26?
2. What imbalance gave James Madison cause for worry about ratification in the states?
3. What complaints were lodged against the proposal to elect Senators in state legislatures?
4. What did "Federal Farmer" say the current Constitution would lead to?
5. What did James Madison support?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)