|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43-45, Appendices I and II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did all the delegates at the federal convention agree on?
(a) Government by consent.
(b) The rights of a king.
(c) Laissez-faire economic policy.
(d) The importance of a strong central government.
2. What were opponents of the resolution that was ultimately adopted afraid of?
(a) That the federal government would become too powerful.
(b) That the states would gain too much independence.
(c) That foreign countries would be able to divide and conquer.
(d) That trade would be stifled.
3. What thoughts did Mr. Wilson express at the convention?
(a) Popular election will give people confidence in the government.
(b) Popular election will lead to a tyranny of the masses.
(c) Popular election will debase public discourse.
(d) Popular election will allow the people to mislead each other.
4. What did James Madison recommend for the appointment of Supreme Court Justices?
(a) That judges should be appointed for seven-year terms.
(b) That appointments be susceptible to two-thirds vote override by the Congress.
(c) That appointments be beyond contest.
(d) That judges should be elected.
5. What method of ratification did Oliver Ellsworth advocate?
(a) Ratification by state legislature.
(b) Ratification by straw poll.
(c) Ratification by special conventions in each state.
(d) Ratification national referendum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did "Cato" call for in the legislative branch?
2. Where do delegates think that authority needs to originate in order to be legitimate?
3. What did Randolph argue at the convention?
4. Where should budget bills start, according to the compromise?
5. What theory was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)