|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43-45, Appendices I and II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of political thought was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
(a) Conservative political thought.
(b) Practical political thought.
(c) Aristocratic political thought.
(d) Radical political thought.
2. What did the delegates argue concerning the question of whether the judiciary should be able to veto legislation?
(a) That the executive would be rendered powerless.
(b) That the executive would thereby attain control over the legislature through the judiciary.
(c) That the judiciary would thereby acquire legislative power.
(d) That the judiciary would become the most powerful branch of government.
3. Who was DeWitt in reality?
(a) A Virginian Anti-Federalist.
(b) A Massachusetts Anti-Federalist.
(c) A New York Anti-Federalist.
(d) A Rhode Island Federalist.
4. What did the delegates argue concerning the question of whether the judiciary should be associated with the executive?
(a) That the separation of powers would foster isolationism.
(b) That the judiciary should be a sub-function of the legislature.
(c) That the executive alone should choose judges.
(d) That the executive and judiciary should be allied.
5. What did Melancton Smith say about the number of representatives in Congress?
(a) He complained that with so many representatives, nothing would get done.
(b) He complained that the minimum number of representatives was too high.
(c) He complained that with so many representatives, factions would evolve.
(d) He complained that there was no minimum number.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did James Madison worry about concerning ratification in the states?
2. What did Mr. Paterson argue about the New Jersey Plan?
3. What did "Cato" argue about the relationship between the legislature and the executive?
4. What did opponents to the suffrage limitation argue?
5. What did the convention call for on July 26?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)