|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43-45, Appendices I and II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did a legitimate government require, in James Madison's opinion?
(a) Direct democracy.
(c) Freedom from debt.
(d) A strong military.
2. What did Madison and Jefferson feel about Virginia?
(a) That the executive was too weak.
(b) That international trade would solve its budget problems.
(c) That the taxation rates were too low.
(d) That democracy restricted the leaders.
3. Which party did James Wilson belong to?
4. Who wrote the introduction to this edition of "The Anti-Federalist Papers"?
(a) James Madison.
(b) Sacvan Bercovitch.
(c) Ralph Ketcham.
(d) Alexander Hamilton.
5. What powers did Mr. Mason argue the Congress should not have?
(a) The power to alter the budget.
(b) The power to recall the executive.
(c) The power to reject judicial nominations.
(d) The power to originate budget bills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mr. Williamson advocate for the term length on the election or appointment of the executive?
2. What did Mr. Mason propose in his arguments of June 4?
3. What deliberative body created a compromise between the Virginia Plan and the New Jersey Plan?
4. What did opponents to the suffrage limitation argue?
5. What was the Pennsylvania dissenters' primary objection to the Constitution?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)