|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43-45, Appendices I and II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Madison advocate concerning the election or appointment of the executive?
(a) Appointment by the Supreme Court would be best.
(b) Appointment by an electoral college would be best.
(c) Election by Congress would hurt the public interest.
(d) Election by the people would hurt the public interest.
2. Why did many delegates support one resolution to this question?
(a) To reduce the federal government's power.
(b) To cater to the states' needs.
(c) To avoid dissension.
(d) To limit the independence of the federal government.
3. What did "Federal Farmer" see as a danger in the Constitution?
(a) It prevented the states from adapting to political conditions.
(b) It reserved the right to be amended over time.
(c) Its powers were not listed explicitly.
(d) It would be protected by soldiers who were paid by the federal government.
4. What power was missing from the Articles?
(a) The power to amend the Articles.
(b) The power to conduct war.
(c) The power to regulate foreign trade.
(d) Executive power.
5. What imbalance gave James Madison cause for worry about ratification in the states?
(a) The disparity between landowners and laborers.
(b) The disparity between national and state interests.
(c) The disparity between East Coast states and frontier territories.
(d) The disparity between Northern and Southern state interests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the current residency requirement for citizenship?
2. What was Mr. Gerry's fear regarding the ratification of the Constitution?
3. What did "Brutus" argue regarding representation of the people in government?
4. Who was DeWitt in reality?
5. How did New York ratify the Constitution?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)