|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43-45, Appendices I and II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the current residency requirement for citizenship?
(a) 7 years residence.
(b) 10 years residence.
(c) 4 years residence.
(d) American birth.
2. Where did Mr. Gerry think the country's current troubles came from?
(a) Too much foreign influence.
(b) Too much democracy.
(c) Too little representation in government.
(d) Too little religion.
3. What did "Brutus" argue regarding representation of the people in government?
(a) He said that term limits were too short for representatives to learn the legislative process.
(b) He said that the structure of the House and Senate would make gridlock inevitable.
(c) He said that there were too few representatives, and they would not know their constituents.
(d) He said that the standing army would not represent the desires of the people themselves.
4. What did "Centinel" argue on the danger of a centralized government?
(a) The Constitution will threaten liberty.
(b) Taxation will be worse with a central tax collector.
(c) Class mobility will decrease, as the central government raises taxes.
(d) States will have to fend for themselves if they oppose the national government.
5. What was Mr. Mason's fear about the Constitution as it was then drafted?
(a) He feared that Congress did not have enough power to check the executive.
(b) He wanted a bill of rights.
(c) He objected to the three-fifths compromise.
(d) He feared that his constituents would not ratify the draft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mr. Wilson's feeling about the compromise?
2. What did James Wilson argue regarding the abolition of trial by jury at the federal level?
3. What compromise did Melancton Smith object to in the Constitution?
4. Which delegate expressed his regrets about not signing the Constitution?
5. What position was James Wilson asked to take in the Constitutional debate?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)