|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43-45, Appendices I and II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was James Wilson calling for in his speech to the Pennsylvania legislature?
(a) Revision of the Constitution.
(b) Ratification of the Constitution.
(c) States rights.
(d) Judiciary oversight of the executive.
2. What did Mr. Sherman argue concerning the question of whether the executive should be chosen by the legislature?
(a) He argued that the executive should be appointed by the Congress.
(b) He argued that the executive should be elected by the people.
(c) He argued that the executive should be appointed by the Supreme Court.
(d) He argued that the executive should be elected by the Congress.
3. What was the objection to constitutional monarchy at the constitutional convention?
(a) The threat of tyranny of the masses.
(b) The threat of mob rule.
(c) The possibility of a runaway executive.
(d) The Americans' distaste following the war.
4. What did opponents of the resolution that was ultimately adopted think would be the consequence of adopting the proposal?
(a) That the states would have to band together to oppose the government.
(b) That the states would lose tax income to the federal government.
(c) That states would work by region to set their own laws and standards.
(d) That the states would be eradicated.
5. What complaints were lodged against the proposal to elect Senators in state legislatures?
(a) It would give too much power to large states.
(b) It would create a plutocracy.
(c) It would dissipate federal power among the states.
(d) It would over-represent the small states.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the vote tally when the Pennsylvania Convention voted on the Constitution?
2. What did James Madison support?
3. What did the delegates debate concerning state laws?
4. What did "Cato" say was the danger of the Congress having control over how its members are elected?
5. What thoughts did Mr. Wilson express at the convention?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)