|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43-45, Appendices I and II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theory was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
(a) The theory of evolution.
(b) The theory of free trade and open markets.
(c) The theory of institutional design.
(d) The theory of intelligent design.
2. What powers did Mr. Mason argue the Congress should not have?
(a) The power to alter the budget.
(b) The power to recall the executive.
(c) The power to reject judicial nominations.
(d) The power to originate budget bills.
3. What did William Paterson offer the convention?
(a) The Great Compromise.
(b) The Virginia Plan.
(c) The New Jersey Plan.
(d) The Missouri Compromise.
4. What did James Madison worry about concerning ratification in the states?
(a) The states could hold the federal government hostage with no votes.
(b) The states could sink the ratification process.
(c) The federal government would be powerless without unanimous ratification.
(d) The states might not act in the national interest.
5. Why did Mr. Wilson prefer the New Jersey Plan?
(a) Because it provided for a standing army.
(b) Because it provided multiple legislative houses.
(c) Because it protected America from European influence.
(d) Because it centralized power in the executive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which bodies were the delegates considering as electors of Representatives in the House?
2. Which committee recommendation did not make it into the Constitution?
3. How would government service be seen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
4. Who was DeWitt in reality?
5. What was cut out when the Constitutional Convention doted down part of the Virginia Plan?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)