|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43-45, Appendices I and II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mr. Pinckney think about slavery?
(a) That it was the rock on which the nation could founder.
(b) That it was morally legitimate.
(c) That it was a practical matter of power.
(d) That it was reprehensible.
2. Who was DeWitt in reality?
(a) A Virginian Anti-Federalist.
(b) A Rhode Island Federalist.
(c) A New York Anti-Federalist.
(d) A Massachusetts Anti-Federalist.
3. What did Melancton Smith say about the number of representatives in Congress?
(a) He complained that there was no minimum number.
(b) He complained that with so many representatives, nothing would get done.
(c) He complained that the minimum number of representatives was too high.
(d) He complained that with so many representatives, factions would evolve.
4. What was the original proposal for the residency requirement for citizenship?
(a) 2 years residence.
(b) 7 years residence.
(c) American birth.
(d) 14 years residence.
5. Which committee recommendation did not make it into the Constitution?
(a) The Senate should choose the President in case of a tie in the Electoral College.
(b) The Electoral College.
(c) Senate can amend budget bills.
(d) Four year terms for President and vice-President.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which delegate expressed his regrets about not signing the Constitution?
2. What reason did Alexander Hamilton give for ratification of the Constitution?
3. What did opponents to the suffrage limitation argue?
4. What did Dr. Johnson advocate during the debate over federal power?
5. Where should budget bills start, according to the compromise?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)