|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 43-45, Appendices I and II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Melancton Smith say about the number of representatives in Congress?
(a) He complained that there was no minimum number.
(b) He complained that with so many representatives, factions would evolve.
(c) He complained that the minimum number of representatives was too high.
(d) He complained that with so many representatives, nothing would get done.
2. What kind of political thought was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
(a) Conservative political thought.
(b) Radical political thought.
(c) Practical political thought.
(d) Aristocratic political thought.
3. What resolution was ultimately adopted?
(a) To prevent the federal government from overriding state laws.
(b) To give state laws independence from the federal legislature.
(c) To allow the Supreme Court to decide which laws were supreme.
(d) To give federal laws supremacy over state laws.
4. What happened to the motion not to give government officers salaries?
(a) It was rejected as impractical.
(b) It was rejected as too aristocratic.
(c) It was tabled to be voted on later.
(d) It was killed in committee.
5. What was the benefit of adopting the resolution that was ultimately adopted?
(a) It weakened the Articles of Confederation and gave the states more power.
(b) It created a need for a lot of inter-state lawsuits.
(c) It resolved decades of inter-state tension.
(d) It allowed the federal government to be effective.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alexander Hamilton propose in his speech?
2. What position did "Federal Farmer" take concerning the Constitution?
3. What did the delegates argue concerning the question of whether the judiciary should be associated with the executive?
4. What did delegates suggest would happen if state legislatures chose Representatives for the House?
5. How did James Wilson address the absence of a Bill of Rights?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)