|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did "Publius" argue regarding the fear of a centralized government?
(a) He argued that a centralized government would distribute the wealth more effectively.
(b) He argued that checks and balances would lead to government paralysis.
(c) He argued that large nations are less dangerous than quarrelling small states.
(d) He argued that a central government would be more efficient than a number of state governments.
2. Who proposed that government officers not receive salaries?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) George Washington.
(c) James Madison.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
3. What limitation did delegates try to place on suffrage?
(a) Landowner restrictions.
(b) Literacy restrictions.
(c) National origin restrictions.
(d) Race restrictions.
4. What did William Paterson offer the convention?
(a) The New Jersey Plan.
(b) The Missouri Compromise.
(c) The Virginia Plan.
(d) The Great Compromise.
5. Which form of government includes a king whose powers are limited by a statement of the laws?
(b) Constitutional monarchy.
(c) Representative democracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did James Wilson address the absence of a Bill of Rights?
2. What compromise did the Northeast states reach with Georgia and South Carolina over slavery?
3. Where did Mr. Gerry think the country's current troubles came from?
4. What opinion bolstered Mr. Sherman's view about where election should take place?
5. What did Benjamin Franklin say about supporters of the residency requirement for citizenship?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)