|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What imbalance gave James Madison cause for worry about ratification in the states?
(a) The disparity between landowners and laborers.
(b) The disparity between East Coast states and frontier territories.
(c) The disparity between Northern and Southern state interests.
(d) The disparity between national and state interests.
2. What symbol did Benjamin Franklin remark on, on the President's chair?
(a) An ocean and a ship.
(b) A sun painted on the back.
(c) A pine tree.
(d) An eagle on the seat.
3. What did "Publius" argue regarding the fear of a centralized government?
(a) He argued that large nations are less dangerous than quarrelling small states.
(b) He argued that a centralized government would distribute the wealth more effectively.
(c) He argued that checks and balances would lead to government paralysis.
(d) He argued that a central government would be more efficient than a number of state governments.
4. What did all the delegates at the federal convention agree on?
(a) Laissez-faire economic policy.
(b) The rights of a king.
(c) The importance of a strong central government.
(d) Government by consent.
5. What compromise did Mr. Gerry want to reject regarding the ratification of the Constitution?
(a) The compromise over slavery.
(b) The three-fifths compromise.
(c) The Missouri Compromise.
(d) The Great Compromise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the delegates' intentions when they argued for election of Senators from state legislatures?
2. What was James Wilson calling for in his speech to the Pennsylvania legislature?
3. What did Mr. Paterson argue about the New Jersey Plan?
4. What did James Madison argue during the argument over representation by person or by state?
5. What is the current residency requirement for citizenship?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)