|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mr. Mason support at the convention?
(a) Appointment by the President.
(b) Election of Senators by Senators.
(c) Election by state legislatures.
(d) Election by the people.
2. What did Dr. Johnson advocate during the debate over federal power?
(a) Instituting a Supreme Court.
(b) Reducing the size of the federal government.
(c) Centralizing power in the federal government.
(d) Preserving state power.
3. Where did Mr. Sherman say election should take place?
(a) Among sitting representatives.
(b) In the state legislatures.
(c) In the popular polls.
(d) In the Electoral College.
4. What deliberative body created a compromise between the Virginia Plan and the New Jersey Plan?
(a) The Senate.
(b) The Supreme Court.
(c) A grand committee.
(d) The Congress.
5. What did Alexander Hamilton propose in his speech?
(a) Regulation of slavery.
(b) A standing army.
(c) A Supreme Court.
(d) An executive-for-life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did James Madison worry about concerning ratification in the states?
2. What did the convention call for on July 26?
3. Why did many delegates support one resolution to this question?
4. What did James Madison argue during the argument over representation by person or by state?
5. What did "Centinel" argue on the danger of checks and balances?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)