|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was eliminated from the Constitution draft?
(a) Protections against taxes on slavery.
(b) Property qualifications for office.
(c) Laws governing territories and provinces.
(d) Restriction on imports.
2. What reason did Alexander Hamilton give for ratification of the Constitution?
(a) Good government needs to be energetic.
(b) Good government cannot compete with subordinate governments.
(c) Good government needs to be deliberative.
(d) Good government needs to be representative.
3. What did William Paterson offer the convention?
(a) The Great Compromise.
(b) The Virginia Plan.
(c) The New Jersey Plan.
(d) The Missouri Compromise.
4. What would happen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
(a) Men who needed money would be liable to be influenced by special interests.
(b) The government would consist solely of landed gentry.
(c) Legislators would have to have wealthy patrons.
(d) Men who lusted for power and money would not run for office.
5. How would government service be seen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
(a) As a duty.
(b) As a stepping stone.
(c) As a privilege.
(d) As an entitlement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the delegates debating in Chapter 3?
2. What did James Madison worry about concerning ratification in the states?
3. Which committee recommendation did not make it into the Constitution?
4. What did the convention call for on July 26?
5. What did Gouverneur Morris argue concerning the question of whether the executive should be chosen by the legislature?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)