|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method of ratification did Oliver Ellsworth advocate?
(a) Ratification by state legislature.
(b) Ratification by straw poll.
(c) Ratification national referendum.
(d) Ratification by special conventions in each state.
2. What did Mr. Paterson argue about the New Jersey Plan?
(a) That it did not give the executive too much power.
(b) That it diminished the power of the states.
(c) That it did not protect the states enough.
(d) That it made the federal government too independent.
3. How extensive were the changes the delegates made to the first draft of the Constitution?
(a) Revisions separated the branches of government.
(b) Not extensive at all.
(c) Revisions gave the Congress veto power over presidential appointments.
(d) The draft was almost entirely rewritten.
4. How did Patrick Henry describe fear?
(a) As the passion of slaves.
(b) As the enemy to reason.
(c) As the paralyzing emotion.
(d) As the restraint of the wise.
5. What did Edmund Randolph present to the delegates?
(a) The Virginia Plan.
(b) The New Jersey Plan.
(c) Articles of Confederation.
(d) The Great Compromise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What limitation did delegates try to place on suffrage?
2. What happened to the motion not to give government officers salaries?
3. Which delegate expressed his regrets about not signing the Constitution?
4. What did Benjamin Franklin advocate in a speech?
5. What did the Southern economy rely on at the time of the constitutional convention?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)