|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rhode Island propose to ban?
(a) Restrictions on inter-state trade.
(b) Standing armies in peacetime.
(c) Checks and balances.
(d) Political contributions from businesses.
2. Where else did the question of proposing limitations arise, besides the debate over suffrage?
(a) Requirements for serving in the military.
(b) Qualifications for owning property.
(c) Qualifications for holding office.
(d) Qualifications for traveling abroad.
3. How many delegates signed the Constitution?
(a) All of them.
(b) All but thirteen.
(c) All but three.
(d) All but twenty-three.
4. What was Mr. Wilson's feeling about the compromise?
(a) He felt that majority rule alone could legitimize government.
(b) He felt that popular participation would weaken government.
(c) He felt that elections were not accurate indications of the country's needs.
(d) He felt that appointed leaders were better suited for the work of governing.
5. Who proposed that government officers not receive salaries?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) George Washington.
(c) James Madison.
(d) Alexander Hamilton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which committee recommendation did not make it into the Constitution?
2. Which form of government includes a representative government without hereditary privilege?
3. What did Mr. Paterson argue about the New Jersey Plan?
4. What did Benjamin Franklin advocate in a speech?
5. What opinion bolstered Mr. Sherman's view about where election should take place?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)