|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Delegates were trying to strike a balance in their decision about electing representatives for the House between what?
(a) Between East coast and southern power.
(b) Between ideals and practical applications.
(c) Between federal and state power.
(d) Between American and foreign power.
2. What did Virginia propose in its ratification process?
(a) An amendment that would limit the government's ability to tax the people.
(b) An amendment that would recognize the right of resistance.
(c) An amendment that would allow citizens to bear arms.
(d) An amendment that would recognize the freedom of speech.
3. What complaints were lodged against the proposal to elect Senators in state legislatures?
(a) It would over-represent the small states.
(b) It would create a plutocracy.
(c) It would give too much power to large states.
(d) It would dissipate federal power among the states.
4. What was the original proposal for the residency requirement for citizenship?
(a) 14 years residence.
(b) 7 years residence.
(c) American birth.
(d) 2 years residence.
5. Which constituents did Dr. Johnson want to placate with the plan he advocated?
(a) The upper classes.
(b) Foreign diplomats.
(d) Small states.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mr. Mason's fear regarding the House of Representatives?
2. What did the delegates argue concerning the question of whether the judiciary should be associated with the executive?
3. How much of the Virginia Plan was accepted?
4. What powers did Mr. Mason argue the Congress should not have?
5. What was James Madison's feeling about the compromise?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)