|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the original proposal for the residency requirement for citizenship?
(a) American birth.
(b) 7 years residence.
(c) 2 years residence.
(d) 14 years residence.
2. Where did Mr. Gerry think the country's current troubles came from?
(a) Too little representation in government.
(b) Too much foreign influence.
(c) Too much democracy.
(d) Too little religion.
3. What was James Madison's feeling about the compromise?
(a) He felt that the convention was sacrificing large states to small states.
(b) He felt that the convention was sacrificing federalism to distributed power.
(c) He felt that the convention was striking the right balance.
(d) He felt that the convention was sacrificing justice for the small states.
4. What were the delegates' intentions when they argued for election of Senators from state legislatures?
(a) Improving upon the process by which the people were represented.
(b) Creating a check against popular democracy.
(c) Insulating the federal government from individuals in the states.
(d) Raising the Senate above popular opinion.
5. What did Mr. Paterson argue about the New Jersey Plan?
(a) That it diminished the power of the states.
(b) That it did not protect the states enough.
(c) That it did not give the executive too much power.
(d) That it made the federal government too independent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Benjamin Franklin advocate in a speech?
2. What did the delegates argue concerning the question of whether the judiciary should be associated with the executive?
3. What did Mr. Sherman advocate about executive veto power?
4. What did Gouverneur Morris advocate about executive veto power?
5. What did the Pennsylvania dissenters recommend to the Constitutional Convention?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)