|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plan did James Madison favor?
(a) A diplomatic plan.
(b) A state-centric plan.
(c) An isolationist plan.
(d) A federal plan.
2. What was DeWitt arguing against in his essays?
(a) Energetic central government.
(b) An executive for life.
(d) Representation by state.
3. What resolution was ultimately adopted?
(a) To prevent the federal government from overriding state laws.
(b) To allow the Supreme Court to decide which laws were supreme.
(c) To give state laws independence from the federal legislature.
(d) To give federal laws supremacy over state laws.
4. What did Madison and Jefferson feel about Virginia?
(a) That the executive was too weak.
(b) That democracy restricted the leaders.
(c) That international trade would solve its budget problems.
(d) That the taxation rates were too low.
5. What thoughts did Mr. Wilson express at the convention?
(a) Popular election will give people confidence in the government.
(b) Popular election will lead to a tyranny of the masses.
(c) Popular election will allow the people to mislead each other.
(d) Popular election will debase public discourse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method of ratification did Mason and Madison advocate?
2. What must the government use its power to protect the people from, in James Madison's opinion?
3. What threat did Mr. Pinckney make if Congress has power to restrict the slave trade?
4. What did Madison argue for in his letter to George Washington?
5. What did James Madison argue with relation to the New Jersey Plan?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)