|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did James Madison argue with relation to the New Jersey Plan?
(a) It cannot settle arguments between the states.
(b) It will not protect small states from bigger states.
(c) It cannot support itself with tax revenue.
(d) It will give too much power to small states.
2. What did James Madison recommend for the appointment of Supreme Court Justices?
(a) That judges should be appointed for seven-year terms.
(b) That appointments be beyond contest.
(c) That appointments be susceptible to two-thirds vote override by the Congress.
(d) That judges should be elected.
3. What did Benjamin Franklin advocate in a speech?
(a) Sending the Constitution to the states for ratification.
(b) Sending the Constitution back to committee.
(c) Revising the Constitution one more time.
(d) Signing the Constitution.
4. What did William Paterson offer the convention?
(a) The Great Compromise.
(b) The Missouri Compromise.
(c) The New Jersey Plan.
(d) The Virginia Plan.
5. What did the Southern economy rely on at the time of the constitutional convention?
(a) State-to-state trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the dominant fear about the executive?
2. What reason did Mr. Mason give for the view he presented at the convention?
3. What did opponents of the resolution that was ultimately adopted think would be the consequence of adopting the proposal?
4. What was DeWitt arguing against in his essays?
5. What did George Mason argue in the debate of June 4?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)