|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Benjamin Franklin say about supporters of the residency requirement for citizenship?
(a) He said that delegates were cutting off sources of new talent by limiting immigration.
(b) He said that delegates were exaggerating the threat of European immigration.
(c) He said that delegates were opening the floodgates to a tide of poor workers by opening restrictions on immigration.
(d) He said that delegates were understating the ease with which people assimilate into American culture.
2. What did the New Jersey Plan allow the federal government to do?
(a) Tax intra-state commerce.
(b) Regulate slavery.
(c) Support a Supreme Court.
(d) Maintain a standing army.
3. What would happen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
(a) Men who lusted for power and money would not run for office.
(b) Men who needed money would be liable to be influenced by special interests.
(c) The government would consist solely of landed gentry.
(d) Legislators would have to have wealthy patrons.
4. What was the original proposal for the residency requirement for citizenship?
(a) 7 years residence.
(b) 2 years residence.
(c) 14 years residence.
(d) American birth.
5. What position was James Wilson asked to take in the Constitutional debate?
(a) He was asked to defend the Constitution.
(b) He was asked to attack opponents of the Constitution.
(c) He was asked to promote revisions of the Constitution.
(d) He was asked to argue for additions to the Constitution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Pennsylvania dissenters recommend to the Constitutional Convention?
2. What did a legitimate government require, in James Madison's opinion?
3. What kind of representation did James Madison advocate?
4. Why did Mr. Wilson prefer the New Jersey Plan?
5. Where did Mr. Sherman say election should take place?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)