|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position was James Wilson asked to take in the Constitutional debate?
(a) He was asked to defend the Constitution.
(b) He was asked to promote revisions of the Constitution.
(c) He was asked to attack opponents of the Constitution.
(d) He was asked to argue for additions to the Constitution.
2. Which committee recommendation did not make it into the Constitution?
(a) The Senate should choose the President in case of a tie in the Electoral College.
(b) Senate can amend budget bills.
(c) The Electoral College.
(d) Four year terms for President and vice-President.
3. What did Benjamin Franklin advocate in a speech?
(a) Signing the Constitution.
(b) Sending the Constitution back to committee.
(c) Revising the Constitution one more time.
(d) Sending the Constitution to the states for ratification.
4. What position did "Publius" advocate?
(a) Defending the new Constitution.
(b) Proposing an alternative to the Constitution.
(c) Attacking the new Constitution.
(d) Arguing against ratification of the Constitution.
5. What theory was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
(a) The theory of institutional design.
(b) The theory of intelligent design.
(c) The theory of evolution.
(d) The theory of free trade and open markets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject were the delegates debating in Chapter 6?
2. What would happen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
3. Why did delegates argue that Senators should be elected in state legislatures?
4. What did the Southern economy rely on at the time of the constitutional convention?
5. What were opponents of the resolution that was ultimately adopted afraid of?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)