|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did a legitimate government require, in James Madison's opinion?
(a) Freedom from debt.
(b) Direct democracy.
(c) A strong military.
2. Who was DeWitt in reality?
(a) A Virginian Anti-Federalist.
(b) A Massachusetts Anti-Federalist.
(c) A Rhode Island Federalist.
(d) A New York Anti-Federalist.
3. What were the delegates debating in Chapter 3?
(a) The election of the President.
(b) The election of the House of Representatives.
(c) The appointment of judges.
(d) The election of Senators.
4. How did the South want the Constitution to regulate trade?
(a) The South wanted the Constitution to keep tariffs low indefinitely.
(b) The South wanted the Constitution to let Congress set tariffs with a simple majority vote.
(c) The South wanted the Constitution to keep Congress from restricting trade.
(d) The South wanted the Constitution not to regulate trade at all.
5. Alexander Hamilton gave a speech that expressed what value?
(a) The value of abolishing slavery.
(b) The value of a strong federal government.
(c) The value of independent states.
(d) The value of low tariffs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What deliberative body created a compromise between the Virginia Plan and the New Jersey Plan?
2. What plan did James Madison favor?
3. Why did delegates argue that Senators should be elected in state legislatures?
4. Who proposed that government officers not receive salaries?
5. What did George Mason argue in the debate of June 4?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)