|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were supporters of the residency requirement for citizenship afraid of?
(a) They were afraid that uneducated people would vote in large numbers.
(b) They were afraid that the states would be able to suppress immigrant votes.
(c) They were afraid that immigrants would send too much money back to their homelands.
(d) They were afraid that the national interest would be subverted by foreigners.
2. What would happen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
(a) Men who lusted for power and money would not run for office.
(b) Legislators would have to have wealthy patrons.
(c) Men who needed money would be liable to be influenced by special interests.
(d) The government would consist solely of landed gentry.
3. What theory was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
(a) The theory of free trade and open markets.
(b) The theory of institutional design.
(c) The theory of evolution.
(d) The theory of intelligent design.
4. What powers did Mr. Mason argue the federal judiciary should not have?
(a) The power to change state laws.
(b) The power to amend executive orders.
(c) The power to amend taxes.
(d) The power to oversee the executive.
5. What did Mr. Hamilton argue during the debate over the length of Senatorial term-lengths?
(a) Senators should serve for life to create continuity in government.
(b) Senators should appoint their successors.
(c) Senators should have long terms to stay above the fray.
(d) Senators should have short terms in order to remain subject to their constituents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did delegates oppose in the Virginia Plan?
2. What was the Great Compromise?
3. What imbalance gave James Madison cause for worry about ratification in the states?
4. What did the draft of the Constitution contain concerning slavery?
5. How many branches of government did Mr. Madison propose be elected?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)