|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did George Mason say he feared, in his argument on June 4?
(a) That government will degenerate into monarchy.
(b) That government will degenerate into mob rule.
(c) That government will not have enough funding.
(d) That government will degenerate into a tool of businesses.
2. What did the Pennsylvania dissenters recommend to the Constitutional Convention?
(a) A standing army that would still exist in peacetime.
(b) Trial by jury in all federal cases.
(c) Limitations on the expansion of the United States.
(d) Trial by jury in property conflicts.
3. What reason did Alexander Hamilton give for ratification of the Constitution?
(a) Good government needs to be energetic.
(b) Good government needs to be deliberative.
(c) Good government needs to be representative.
(d) Good government cannot compete with subordinate governments.
4. What was Mr. Gerry's fear regarding the ratification of the Constitution?
(a) He feared that his constituents would not ratify the draft.
(b) He feared that Congress did not have enough power to check the executive.
(c) He feared that the states were not equally represented.
(d) He feared that Senators' terms are too long.
5. What did Virginia propose in its ratification process?
(a) An amendment that would recognize the right of resistance.
(b) An amendment that would limit the government's ability to tax the people.
(c) An amendment that would recognize the freedom of speech.
(d) An amendment that would allow citizens to bear arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did delegates argue for a small senate?
2. What did James Wilson argue concerning the Constitution's provision for a standing army?
3. What method of ratification did Mason and Madison advocate?
4. What did all the delegates at the federal convention agree on?
5. What were the delegates' intentions when they argued for election of Senators from state legislatures?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)