|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How extensive were the changes the delegates made to the first draft of the Constitution?
(a) Revisions gave the Congress veto power over presidential appointments.
(b) Revisions separated the branches of government.
(c) Not extensive at all.
(d) The draft was almost entirely rewritten.
2. What did delegates oppose in the Virginia Plan?
(a) Giving populous states too much influence.
(b) Increasing the federal government's power.
(c) Giving the states too much independence.
(d) Isolating America in the international community.
3. What is the current residency requirement for citizenship?
(a) 10 years residence.
(b) 7 years residence.
(c) 4 years residence.
(d) American birth.
4. What did the Virginia Plan propose to do to the Articles?
(a) Discard them.
(b) Fix their flaws.
(c) Ratify them in Virginia.
(d) Extend their authority for another ten years.
5. What was DeWitt arguing against in his essays?
(a) Representation by state.
(b) An executive for life.
(c) Energetic central government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was particularly concerned about the Virginia Plan?
2. How did the South want the Constitution to regulate trade?
3. What reason did delegates give for Senators being elected in state legislatures?
4. What did James Madison support?
5. What did James Madison worry about concerning ratification in the states?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)