|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mr. Hamilton argue during the debate over the length of Senatorial term-lengths?
(a) Senators should have long terms to stay above the fray.
(b) Senators should have short terms in order to remain subject to their constituents.
(c) Senators should appoint their successors.
(d) Senators should serve for life to create continuity in government.
2. What power was missing from the Articles?
(a) Executive power.
(b) The power to regulate foreign trade.
(c) The power to amend the Articles.
(d) The power to conduct war.
3. What did James Wilson argue concerning the question of taxation?
(a) He argued that it was necessary.
(b) He argued that it would result in better services.
(c) He argued that the government would use tax money wisely.
(d) He argued that the European nations were taxed more heavily.
4. How many branches of government did Mr. Madison propose be elected?
(a) At least one.
(d) He proposed that all government positions should be elected.
5. How many delegates signed the Constitution?
(a) All of them.
(b) All but three.
(c) All but twenty-three.
(d) All but thirteen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rhode Island propose in its ratification process?
2. What did opponents to the suffrage limitation argue?
3. What kind of representation did James Madison advocate?
4. What did James Madison argue during the argument over representation by person or by state?
5. What was James Madison's feeling about the compromise?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)