|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Americans and Britons discussing a great deal during the 1770s?
(a) The Massachusetts charter.
(b) Political thought and theory.
(c) Warfare against the French.
(d) Warfare against the Native Americans.
2. What was the objection to democracy at the constitutional convention?
(a) The threat of concentrated executive power.
(b) The threat of mob rule.
(c) The problems with devising a scheme of representation.
(d) The danger of foreign influence.
3. What reason did delegates give for Senators being elected in state legislatures?
(a) They would therefore be essentially promoted from within.
(b) They would already know the laws.
(c) They would therefore be men of character.
(d) They would have the contacts they needed within the state.
4. Where should budget bills start, according to the compromise?
(a) In the executive.
(b) In the Senate.
(c) In the House of Representatives.
(d) In the Supreme Court.
5. What was the benefit of adopting the resolution that was ultimately adopted?
(a) It weakened the Articles of Confederation and gave the states more power.
(b) It allowed the federal government to be effective.
(c) It resolved decades of inter-state tension.
(d) It created a need for a lot of inter-state lawsuits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did George Mason argue in the debate of June 4?
2. What did Mr. Mason support at the convention?
3. What deliberative body created a compromise between the Virginia Plan and the New Jersey Plan?
4. What did the delegates argue concerning the question of whether the judiciary should be associated with the executive?
5. What did James Madison worry about concerning ratification in the states?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)