|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What deliberative body created a compromise between the Virginia Plan and the New Jersey Plan?
(a) A grand committee.
(b) The Congress.
(c) The Supreme Court.
(d) The Senate.
2. What were the delegates debating in Chapter 3?
(a) The election of the President.
(b) The election of the House of Representatives.
(c) The appointment of judges.
(d) The election of Senators.
3. What did James Madison argue with relation to the New Jersey Plan?
(a) It will not protect small states from bigger states.
(b) It cannot settle arguments between the states.
(c) It will give too much power to small states.
(d) It cannot support itself with tax revenue.
4. What was the Pennsylvania dissenters' primary objection to the Constitution?
(a) The lack of restrictions on the government's ability to tax the people.
(b) The lack of a bill of rights.
(c) The strength of the federal government.
(d) A free government cannot govern so large and disparate an area.
5. What position did "Publius" advocate?
(a) Attacking the new Constitution.
(b) Proposing an alternative to the Constitution.
(c) Arguing against ratification of the Constitution.
(d) Defending the new Constitution.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the Virginia Plan was accepted?
2. What did "Centinel" argue on the danger of a centralized government?
3. What did the Southern economy rely on at the time of the constitutional convention?
4. What did Massachusetts propose in its ratification process?
5. Which form of government includes direct voting by the people?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)