|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mr. Mason support at the convention?
(a) Election of Senators by Senators.
(b) Election by state legislatures.
(c) Election by the people.
(d) Appointment by the President.
2. What did George Mason say he feared, in his argument on June 4?
(a) That government will degenerate into a tool of businesses.
(b) That government will not have enough funding.
(c) That government will degenerate into monarchy.
(d) That government will degenerate into mob rule.
3. What limitation did delegates try to place on suffrage?
(a) National origin restrictions.
(b) Race restrictions.
(c) Landowner restrictions.
(d) Literacy restrictions.
4. What did the delegates argue concerning the question of whether the judiciary should be associated with the executive?
(a) That the judiciary should be a sub-function of the legislature.
(b) That the executive alone should choose judges.
(c) That the separation of powers would foster isolationism.
(d) That the executive and judiciary should be allied.
5. What did delegates debate on June 6?
(a) How to elect members of the House.
(b) How to appoint judges.
(c) How to limit the executive's power.
(d) How to declare war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Americans and Britons discussing a great deal during the 1770s?
2. What did Madison say the country needed, in his letter to George Washington?
3. What did delegates suggest would happen if state legislatures chose Representatives for the House?
4. What reason did delegates give for Senators being elected in state legislatures?
5. What happened to the motion not to give government officers salaries?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)