|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was eliminated from the Constitution draft?
(a) Property qualifications for office.
(b) Laws governing territories and provinces.
(c) Protections against taxes on slavery.
(d) Restriction on imports.
2. What did Madison say the country needed, in his letter to George Washington?
(a) A charismatic leader.
(b) A central coordinating committee.
(c) Short presidential terms.
(d) A dispassionate umpire.
3. What did Alexander Hamilton want to protect the executive from?
(b) Popular sentiment.
(d) Foreign influence.
4. What did all the delegates at the federal convention agree on?
(a) Government by consent.
(b) Laissez-faire economic policy.
(c) The importance of a strong central government.
(d) The rights of a king.
5. Alexander Hamilton gave a speech that expressed what value?
(a) The value of independent states.
(b) The value of abolishing slavery.
(c) The value of low tariffs.
(d) The value of a strong federal government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the benefit of adopting the resolution that was ultimately adopted?
2. What did Edmund Randolph present to the delegates?
3. What reason did delegates give for Senators being elected in state legislatures?
4. What did Gouverneur Morris advocate about executive veto power?
5. What did the Southern economy rely on at the time of the constitutional convention?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)