|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did William Paterson offer the convention?
(a) The Virginia Plan.
(b) The New Jersey Plan.
(c) The Missouri Compromise.
(d) The Great Compromise.
2. Why did Mr. Wilson prefer the New Jersey Plan?
(a) Because it provided for a standing army.
(b) Because it centralized power in the executive.
(c) Because it provided multiple legislative houses.
(d) Because it protected America from European influence.
3. Which bodies were the delegates considering as electors of Representatives in the House?
(a) Special committees or state legislatures.
(b) Property owners or free men.
(c) State legislatures or the national senate.
(d) The people or state legislatures.
4. What was Mr. Mason's fear regarding the House of Representatives?
(a) He feared that it was not truly representative.
(b) He feared that it would be run by illiterate farmers.
(c) He feared that it would not be able to compete with the Senate.
(d) He feared that it did not have enough power to combat the executive.
5. What must the government use its power to protect the people from, in James Madison's opinion?
(b) The government itself.
(c) Big businesses.
(d) Foreign influence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did George Mason say he feared, in his argument on June 4?
2. What did Benjamin Franklin say about supporters of the residency requirement for citizenship?
3. What was James Madison's feeling about the compromise?
4. Where did Mr. Sherman say election should take place?
5. Where did James Madison argue government legitimacy came from?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)