|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What imbalance gave James Madison cause for worry about ratification in the states?
(a) The disparity between national and state interests.
(b) The disparity between landowners and laborers.
(c) The disparity between East Coast states and frontier territories.
(d) The disparity between Northern and Southern state interests.
2. How much of the Virginia Plan was accepted?
(a) Most of it.
(b) None of it.
(c) All of it.
(d) A few key provisions.
3. What deliberative body created a compromise between the Virginia Plan and the New Jersey Plan?
(a) A grand committee.
(b) The Supreme Court.
(c) The Senate.
(d) The Congress.
4. What were Americans concluding by the 1780s?
(a) That there was too much power in the federal government.
(b) That representation could have been earned without warfare.
(c) That the federal executive was too weak.
(d) That mercantile colonialism had been a working model before the revolution.
5. What thoughts did Mr. Madison express on the topic of elections during debate at the convention?
(a) He said that elections are essential for free government.
(b) He said that elections could be bought too easily to be trusted.
(c) He said that elections are too important to trust to the people.
(d) He said that elections are a step in dissolving government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did James Madison argue with relation to the New Jersey Plan?
2. What was Mr. Gerry's fear regarding the ratification of the Constitution?
3. What was James Madison's feeling about the compromise?
4. How extensive were the changes the delegates made to the first draft of the Constitution?
5. What did the delegates argue concerning the question of whether the judiciary should be able to veto legislation?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)