|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Edmund Randolph present to the delegates?
(a) The Virginia Plan.
(b) The New Jersey Plan.
(c) The Great Compromise.
(d) Articles of Confederation.
2. What was James Madison's feeling about the compromise?
(a) He felt that the convention was sacrificing justice for the small states.
(b) He felt that the convention was sacrificing large states to small states.
(c) He felt that the convention was sacrificing federalism to distributed power.
(d) He felt that the convention was striking the right balance.
3. What deliberative body created a compromise between the Virginia Plan and the New Jersey Plan?
(a) The Senate.
(b) A grand committee.
(c) The Supreme Court.
(d) The Congress.
4. What did a legitimate government require, in James Madison's opinion?
(a) Freedom from debt.
(b) Direct democracy.
(c) A strong military.
5. What did Mr. Sherman advocate about executive veto power?
(a) He said that the executive should not have a veto.
(b) He said that the executive should have veto power over the legislature, but not the judiciary.
(c) He said that the executive veto power should be limited.
(d) He said that the executive should have absolute veto.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the benefit of adopting the resolution that was ultimately adopted?
2. What did Gouverneur Morris advocate about executive veto power?
3. What did James Madison argue concerning the question of whether the executive should be chosen by the legislature?
4. What was cut out when the Constitutional Convention doted down part of the Virginia Plan?
5. Where else did the question of proposing limitations arise, besides the debate over suffrage?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)