|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who proposed that government officers not receive salaries?
(a) James Madison.
(b) Alexander Hamilton.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) George Washington.
2. How did the South want the Constitution to regulate trade?
(a) The South wanted the Constitution not to regulate trade at all.
(b) The South wanted the Constitution to let Congress set tariffs with a simple majority vote.
(c) The South wanted the Constitution to keep Congress from restricting trade.
(d) The South wanted the Constitution to keep tariffs low indefinitely.
3. What did William Paterson offer the convention?
(a) The Virginia Plan.
(b) The Missouri Compromise.
(c) The New Jersey Plan.
(d) The Great Compromise.
4. What subject were the delegates debating in Chapter 6?
(a) Whether the executive should be singular or plural.
(b) Whether the federal government should oversee state laws.
(c) Whether government officers should receive pay.
(d) Who should be eligible to vote in elections.
5. What threat did Mr. Pinckney make if Congress has power to restrict the slave trade?
(a) To secede.
(b) To withhold ratification.
(c) To filibuster.
(d) To march on Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Americans concluding by the 1780s?
2. What compromise did Mr. Gerry want to reject regarding the ratification of the Constitution?
3. What were the delegates' intentions when they argued for election of Senators from state legislatures?
4. Where did Mr. Sherman say election should take place?
5. How many branches of government did Mr. Madison propose be elected?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)