|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How extensive were the changes the delegates made to the first draft of the Constitution?
(a) Not extensive at all.
(b) The draft was almost entirely rewritten.
(c) Revisions gave the Congress veto power over presidential appointments.
(d) Revisions separated the branches of government.
2. What must the government use its power to protect the people from, in James Madison's opinion?
(b) Foreign influence.
(c) Big businesses.
(d) The government itself.
3. What were opponents of the resolution that was ultimately adopted afraid of?
(a) That trade would be stifled.
(b) That the federal government would become too powerful.
(c) That foreign countries would be able to divide and conquer.
(d) That the states would gain too much independence.
4. What did the Southern economy rely on at the time of the constitutional convention?
(d) State-to-state trade.
5. What did Mr. Mason support at the convention?
(a) Election by the people.
(b) Election of Senators by Senators.
(c) Appointment by the President.
(d) Election by state legislatures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James Madison argue on the question of suffrage?
2. What symbol did Benjamin Franklin remark on, on the President's chair?
3. What compromise did Mr. Gerry want to reject regarding the ratification of the Constitution?
4. What was the benefit of adopting the resolution that was ultimately adopted?
5. What did Randolph argue at the convention?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)