|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mr. Gerry think the country's current troubles came from?
(a) Too little religion.
(b) Too much democracy.
(c) Too much foreign influence.
(d) Too little representation in government.
2. What did the New Jersey Plan allow the federal government to do?
(a) Regulate slavery.
(b) Maintain a standing army.
(c) Support a Supreme Court.
(d) Tax intra-state commerce.
3. What did Mr. Mason propose in his arguments of June 4?
(a) That there be two executives, like Roman consuls.
(b) That there be an executive for each region.
(c) That the executive be chosen in popular elections.
(d) That the executive be appointed by Congress.
4. Where did Mr. Sherman say election should take place?
(a) In the state legislatures.
(b) In the Electoral College.
(c) Among sitting representatives.
(d) In the popular polls.
5. What was the Great Compromise?
(a) Bring Texas into the union as a slave state, and Missouri as free.
(b) Appoint judges for life, but allow them to be impeached.
(c) A bicameral legislature.
(d) The creation of the Electoral College.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of representation did James Madison advocate?
2. Why did many delegates support one resolution to this question?
3. What subject were the delegates debating in Chapter 6?
4. What power was missing from the Articles?
5. What reason did delegates give for Senators being elected in state legislatures?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)