|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the objection to constitutional monarchy at the constitutional convention?
(a) The threat of mob rule.
(b) The threat of tyranny of the masses.
(c) The possibility of a runaway executive.
(d) The Americans' distaste following the war.
2. Which delegate expressed his regrets about not signing the Constitution?
(a) Mr. Hamilton.
(b) Mr. Mason.
(c) Mr. Gerry.
(d) Mr. Williamson.
3. Who proposed that government officers not receive salaries?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) James Madison.
(d) George Washington.
4. What resolution was ultimately adopted?
(a) To give state laws independence from the federal legislature.
(b) To prevent the federal government from overriding state laws.
(c) To give federal laws supremacy over state laws.
(d) To allow the Supreme Court to decide which laws were supreme.
5. What was Mr. Gerry's fear regarding the ratification of the Constitution?
(a) He feared that Congress did not have enough power to check the executive.
(b) He feared that Senators' terms are too long.
(c) He feared that the states were not equally represented.
(d) He feared that his constituents would not ratify the draft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did George Mason say he feared, in his argument on June 4?
2. What did Mr. Sherman argue during the debate over the length of Senatorial term-lengths?
3. What did James Madison worry about concerning ratification in the states?
4. What was eliminated from the Constitution draft?
5. What did James Madison argue with relation to the New Jersey Plan?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)