|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did all the delegates at the federal convention agree on?
(a) Government by consent.
(b) Laissez-faire economic policy.
(c) The rights of a king.
(d) The importance of a strong central government.
2. What reason did delegates give for Senators being elected in state legislatures?
(a) They would already know the laws.
(b) They would therefore be men of character.
(c) They would therefore be essentially promoted from within.
(d) They would have the contacts they needed within the state.
3. What did the New Jersey Plan allow the federal government to do?
(a) Support a Supreme Court.
(b) Maintain a standing army.
(c) Tax intra-state commerce.
(d) Regulate slavery.
4. What was Mr. Mason's fear about the Constitution as it was then drafted?
(a) He feared that his constituents would not ratify the draft.
(b) He wanted a bill of rights.
(c) He objected to the three-fifths compromise.
(d) He feared that Congress did not have enough power to check the executive.
5. What did Madison say the country needed, in his letter to George Washington?
(a) Short presidential terms.
(b) A dispassionate umpire.
(c) A central coordinating committee.
(d) A charismatic leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many branches of government did Mr. Madison propose be elected?
2. What did James Madison argue during the argument over representation by person or by state?
3. Where did Mr. Sherman say election should take place?
4. What reason did Mr. Mason give for the view he presented at the convention?
5. What power was missing from the Articles?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)