|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did James Madison recommend for the appointment of Supreme Court Justices?
(a) That appointments be beyond contest.
(b) That judges should be appointed for seven-year terms.
(c) That judges should be elected.
(d) That appointments be susceptible to two-thirds vote override by the Congress.
2. What did Mr. Mason support at the convention?
(a) Election of Senators by Senators.
(b) Appointment by the President.
(c) Election by the people.
(d) Election by state legislatures.
3. What happened to the motion not to give government officers salaries?
(a) It was tabled to be voted on later.
(b) It was rejected as too aristocratic.
(c) It was killed in committee.
(d) It was rejected as impractical.
4. What did William Paterson offer the convention?
(a) The Virginia Plan.
(b) The Great Compromise.
(c) The Missouri Compromise.
(d) The New Jersey Plan.
5. What subject were the delegates debating in Chapter 6?
(a) Whether government officers should receive pay.
(b) Who should be eligible to vote in elections.
(c) Whether the executive should be singular or plural.
(d) Whether the federal government should oversee state laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason did Mr. Mason give for the view he presented at the convention?
2. What compromise did this body propose, between the Virginia Plan and the New Jersey Plan?
3. What did the New Jersey Plan allow the federal government to do?
4. What did James Madison argue during the argument over representation by person or by state?
5. What were Americans concluding by the 1780s?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)