|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which form of government includes a king whose powers are limited by a statement of the laws?
(c) Constitutional monarchy.
(d) Representative democracy.
2. Where else did the question of proposing limitations arise, besides the debate over suffrage?
(a) Qualifications for owning property.
(b) Qualifications for traveling abroad.
(c) Requirements for serving in the military.
(d) Qualifications for holding office.
3. What did delegates suggest would happen if state legislatures chose Representatives for the House?
(a) The people would revolt.
(b) State and federal powers would balance.
(c) The states would acquire too much power.
(d) The government would not be legitimate.
4. Where on the political spectrum were Alexander Hamilton's opinions?
(a) Closer to democracy than republicanism.
(b) Closer to monarchy than democracy.
(c) Closer to anarchy than democracy.
(d) Closer to republicanism than democracy.
5. How many delegates signed the Constitution?
(a) All of them.
(b) All but thirteen.
(c) All but twenty-three.
(d) All but three.
Short Answer Questions
1. What deliberative body created a compromise between the Virginia Plan and the New Jersey Plan?
2. What did Dr. Johnson advocate during the debate over federal power?
3. What was the Great Compromise?
4. What did James Madison argue concerning the question of whether the executive should be chosen by the legislature?
5. What were Americans and Britons discussing a great deal during the 1770s?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)