|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What thoughts did Mr. Wilson express at the convention?
(a) Popular election will debase public discourse.
(b) Popular election will lead to a tyranny of the masses.
(c) Popular election will give people confidence in the government.
(d) Popular election will allow the people to mislead each other.
2. What did Madison stress in his letter to George Washington?
(a) The need for restraints on popular sentiment.
(b) The need for high taxes to pay for federal army and government.
(c) The need for representation by state and region.
(d) The need for representation by population.
3. Which form of government includes direct voting by the people?
(a) Constitutional monarchy.
(b) Representative democracy.
4. What theory was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
(a) The theory of intelligent design.
(b) The theory of institutional design.
(c) The theory of evolution.
(d) The theory of free trade and open markets.
5. What was Mr. Mason's fear about the Constitution as it was then drafted?
(a) He objected to the three-fifths compromise.
(b) He feared that his constituents would not ratify the draft.
(c) He feared that Congress did not have enough power to check the executive.
(d) He wanted a bill of rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gouverneur Morris argue concerning the question of whether the executive should be chosen by the legislature?
2. What was Mr. Gerry's fear regarding the ratification of the Constitution?
3. What did James Madison support?
4. What did the delegates argue concerning the question of whether the judiciary should be associated with the executive?
5. What reason did delegates give for Senators being elected in state legislatures?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)