|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What limitation did delegates try to place on suffrage?
(a) Race restrictions.
(b) Landowner restrictions.
(c) National origin restrictions.
(d) Literacy restrictions.
2. What complaints were lodged against the proposal to elect Senators in state legislatures?
(a) It would give too much power to large states.
(b) It would create a plutocracy.
(c) It would dissipate federal power among the states.
(d) It would over-represent the small states.
3. What compromise did the Northeast states reach with Georgia and South Carolina over slavery?
(a) New England would not restrict slavery if the southern states will not require 2/3 majority to pass commercial restrictions.
(b) Northern states will regulate slavery if southern states will have lower tariffs on exported raw materials.
(c) That northern states will legalize slavery if southern states will prohibit importation of slaves.
(d) That northern states will not regulate slavery for fifty years, if southern states will abolish it themselves in that time.
4. How did the New Jersey Plan resolve the question of the relationship of state laws to federal laws?
(a) The Supreme Court would decide on a state-by-state basis which laws took precedence.
(b) It gave the states priority in matters of trade, but the federal government priority in military matters.
(c) State laws could still take precedence.
(d) Congressional laws were still the law of the land.
5. Which form of government includes direct voting by the people?
(b) Representative democracy.
(d) Constitutional monarchy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Americans and Britons discussing a great deal during the 1770s?
2. What did Mr. Sherman advocate about executive veto power?
3. What were supporters of the residency requirement for citizenship afraid of?
4. What did Mr. Mason support at the convention?
5. What did Gouverneur Morris advocate about executive veto power?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)