|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of representation did James Madison advocate?
(a) Representation by state.
(b) Representation by person.
(c) Representation by state size.
(d) Representation by revenue.
2. What were opponents of the resolution that was ultimately adopted afraid of?
(a) That foreign countries would be able to divide and conquer.
(b) That trade would be stifled.
(c) That the states would gain too much independence.
(d) That the federal government would become too powerful.
3. What did delegates debate on June 6?
(a) How to limit the executive's power.
(b) How to appoint judges.
(c) How to elect members of the House.
(d) How to declare war.
4. What did the Virginia Plan propose to do to the Articles?
(a) Extend their authority for another ten years.
(b) Discard them.
(c) Ratify them in Virginia.
(d) Fix their flaws.
5. What was James Madison's feeling about the compromise?
(a) He felt that the convention was sacrificing federalism to distributed power.
(b) He felt that the convention was sacrificing large states to small states.
(c) He felt that the convention was striking the right balance.
(d) He felt that the convention was sacrificing justice for the small states.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mr. Gerry's fear regarding the ratification of the Constitution?
2. How did the New Jersey Plan resolve the question of the relationship of state laws to federal laws?
3. What theory was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
4. What was eliminated from the Constitution draft?
5. Which bodies were the delegates considering as electors of Representatives in the House?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)