|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theory was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
(a) The theory of evolution.
(b) The theory of free trade and open markets.
(c) The theory of intelligent design.
(d) The theory of institutional design.
2. What would happen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
(a) Men who lusted for power and money would not run for office.
(b) Legislators would have to have wealthy patrons.
(c) Men who needed money would be liable to be influenced by special interests.
(d) The government would consist solely of landed gentry.
3. What did Madison argue for in his letter to George Washington?
(a) The supremacy of national laws over states' laws.
(b) Independence of states to coin money.
(c) Restraints against a supreme national legislature.
(d) Independence of states to make laws.
4. How many branches of government did Mr. Madison propose be elected?
(a) At least one.
(b) He proposed that all government positions should be elected.
5. Which constituents did Dr. Johnson want to placate with the plan he advocated?
(a) The upper classes.
(b) Small states.
(d) Foreign diplomats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was cut out when the Constitutional Convention doted down part of the Virginia Plan?
2. What threat did Mr. Pinckney make if Congress has power to restrict the slave trade?
3. Which form of government includes a king whose powers are limited by a statement of the laws?
4. Where did Mr. Sherman say election should take place?
5. Where did Mr. Gerry think the country's current troubles came from?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)