|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the motion not to give government officers salaries?
(a) It was tabled to be voted on later.
(b) It was killed in committee.
(c) It was rejected as impractical.
(d) It was rejected as too aristocratic.
2. What symbol did Benjamin Franklin remark on, on the President's chair?
(a) A pine tree.
(b) An ocean and a ship.
(c) An eagle on the seat.
(d) A sun painted on the back.
3. Which bodies were the delegates considering as electors of Representatives in the House?
(a) The people or state legislatures.
(b) Special committees or state legislatures.
(c) Property owners or free men.
(d) State legislatures or the national senate.
4. What did Madison and Jefferson want to do about judges?
(a) Protect them from popular politics.
(b) Subject them to elections.
(c) Allow them independence in their rulings.
(d) Review their judgments in the Congress.
5. What did Madison stress in his letter to George Washington?
(a) The need for high taxes to pay for federal army and government.
(b) The need for restraints on popular sentiment.
(c) The need for representation by state and region.
(d) The need for representation by population.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the delegates debating in Chapter 3?
2. What did delegates suggest would happen if state legislatures chose Representatives for the House?
3. What thoughts did Mr. Wilson express at the convention?
4. What is the current residency requirement for citizenship?
5. Why did delegates argue for a small senate?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)