|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who proposed that government officers not receive salaries?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) James Madison.
(d) George Washington.
2. What did the delegates debate concerning state laws?
(a) Whether the federal government could control state laws.
(b) Whether state laws could set precedent for federal laws.
(c) Whether state laws could govern inter-state trade.
(d) Whether the states could allow the death penalty.
3. What were Americans and Britons discussing a great deal during the 1770s?
(a) Warfare against the French.
(b) Warfare against the Native Americans.
(c) The Massachusetts charter.
(d) Political thought and theory.
4. Which constituents did Dr. Johnson want to placate with the plan he advocated?
(a) Foreign diplomats.
(b) Small states.
(c) The upper classes.
5. What thoughts did Mr. Madison express on the topic of elections during debate at the convention?
(a) He said that elections are a step in dissolving government.
(b) He said that elections could be bought too easily to be trusted.
(c) He said that elections are too important to trust to the people.
(d) He said that elections are essential for free government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What compromise did this body propose, between the Virginia Plan and the New Jersey Plan?
2. What reason did delegates give for Senators being elected in state legislatures?
3. How did the South want the Constitution to regulate trade?
4. What did James Madison argue during the argument over representation by person or by state?
5. What plan did James Madison favor?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)