|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which constituents did Dr. Johnson want to placate with the plan he advocated?
(a) Small states.
(c) The upper classes.
(d) Foreign diplomats.
2. Which form of government includes direct voting by the people?
(c) Representative democracy.
(d) Constitutional monarchy.
3. What did Madison argue for in his letter to George Washington?
(a) The supremacy of national laws over states' laws.
(b) Independence of states to coin money.
(c) Independence of states to make laws.
(d) Restraints against a supreme national legislature.
4. Where did Mr. Sherman say election should take place?
(a) In the popular polls.
(b) In the Electoral College.
(c) In the state legislatures.
(d) Among sitting representatives.
5. Delegates were trying to strike a balance in their decision about electing representatives for the House between what?
(a) Between ideals and practical applications.
(b) Between East coast and southern power.
(c) Between federal and state power.
(d) Between American and foreign power.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many branches of government did Mr. Madison propose be elected?
2. What must the government use its power to protect the people from, in James Madison's opinion?
3. Why did Mr. Wilson prefer the New Jersey Plan?
4. What did Mr. Sherman argue during the debate over the length of Senatorial term-lengths?
5. What was the objection to constitutional monarchy at the constitutional convention?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)