|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did opponents of the resolution that was ultimately adopted think would be the consequence of adopting the proposal?
(a) That states would work by region to set their own laws and standards.
(b) That the states would lose tax income to the federal government.
(c) That the states would be eradicated.
(d) That the states would have to band together to oppose the government.
2. Where on the political spectrum were Alexander Hamilton's opinions?
(a) Closer to republicanism than democracy.
(b) Closer to monarchy than democracy.
(c) Closer to anarchy than democracy.
(d) Closer to democracy than republicanism.
3. What kind of representation did James Madison advocate?
(a) Representation by person.
(b) Representation by state size.
(c) Representation by state.
(d) Representation by revenue.
4. What did a legitimate government require, in James Madison's opinion?
(a) A strong military.
(b) Freedom from debt.
(d) Direct democracy.
5. How much of the Virginia Plan was accepted?
(a) A few key provisions.
(b) Most of it.
(c) All of it.
(d) None of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Madison say the country needed, in his letter to George Washington?
2. What did all the delegates at the federal convention agree on?
3. Why did delegates argue for a judicial veto power?
4. What did Mr. Sherman argue during the debate over the length of Senatorial term-lengths?
5. What reason did delegates give for Senators being elected in state legislatures?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)