|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What deliberative body created a compromise between the Virginia Plan and the New Jersey Plan?
(a) A grand committee.
(b) The Supreme Court.
(c) The Senate.
(d) The Congress.
2. What compromise did this body propose, between the Virginia Plan and the New Jersey Plan?
(a) Missouri entered the union as a free state, and Texas as a slave state.
(b) State representation in the upper house, and representation by person in the lower house.
(c) The government would maintain a standing army, but not a big one.
(d) Supreme Court Judges would be appointed by the executive, but the Congress could override the appointment.
3. What did delegates oppose in the Virginia Plan?
(a) Giving populous states too much influence.
(b) Giving the states too much independence.
(c) Increasing the federal government's power.
(d) Isolating America in the international community.
4. Which constituents did Dr. Johnson want to placate with the plan he advocated?
(a) Small states.
(b) Foreign diplomats.
(d) The upper classes.
5. What did James Madison support?
(a) Strong state governments.
(b) A government of businesses.
(c) A strong federal government.
(d) A system of checks and balances.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Madison argue for in his letter to George Washington?
2. Which form of government includes a king whose powers are limited by a statement of the laws?
3. What thoughts did Mr. Wilson express at the convention?
4. What did the delegates argue concerning the question of whether the judiciary should be associated with the executive?
5. What did the delegates debate concerning state laws?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)