|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mr. Wilson's feeling about the compromise?
(a) He felt that popular participation would weaken government.
(b) He felt that elections were not accurate indications of the country's needs.
(c) He felt that appointed leaders were better suited for the work of governing.
(d) He felt that majority rule alone could legitimize government.
2. What thoughts did Mr. Madison express on the topic of elections during debate at the convention?
(a) He said that elections are essential for free government.
(b) He said that elections could be bought too easily to be trusted.
(c) He said that elections are a step in dissolving government.
(d) He said that elections are too important to trust to the people.
3. What did Mr. Hamilton argue during the debate over the length of Senatorial term-lengths?
(a) Senators should serve for life to create continuity in government.
(b) Senators should have long terms to stay above the fray.
(c) Senators should have short terms in order to remain subject to their constituents.
(d) Senators should appoint their successors.
4. What did the Southern economy rely on at the time of the constitutional convention?
(b) State-to-state trade.
5. Which constituents did Dr. Johnson want to placate with the plan he advocated?
(a) The upper classes.
(b) Foreign diplomats.
(d) Small states.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would happen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
2. What were Americans concluding by the 1780s?
3. Alexander Hamilton gave a speech that expressed what value?
4. What was cut out when the Constitutional Convention doted down part of the Virginia Plan?
5. What did Alexander Hamilton propose in his speech?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)