|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the benefit of adopting the resolution that was ultimately adopted?
(a) It weakened the Articles of Confederation and gave the states more power.
(b) It resolved decades of inter-state tension.
(c) It created a need for a lot of inter-state lawsuits.
(d) It allowed the federal government to be effective.
2. What did Mr. Paterson argue about the New Jersey Plan?
(a) That it diminished the power of the states.
(b) That it did not give the executive too much power.
(c) That it did not protect the states enough.
(d) That it made the federal government too independent.
3. What did the Virginia Plan propose to do to the Articles?
(a) Extend their authority for another ten years.
(b) Discard them.
(c) Fix their flaws.
(d) Ratify them in Virginia.
4. What did Mr. Sherman argue during the debate over the length of Senatorial term-lengths?
(a) Short terms allow bad rulers to be removed.
(b) Short terms create perpetual campaigns.
(c) Long terms allow leaders to learn on the job.
(d) Long terms will preserve continuity in government.
5. Where did James Madison argue government legitimacy came from?
(a) The political process itself.
(b) The righteousness of laws.
(c) Consent of the governed.
(d) The power of the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did all the delegates at the federal convention agree on?
2. What was Mr. Wilson's feeling about the compromise?
3. Which form of government includes a representative government without hereditary privilege?
4. What power was missing from the Articles?
5. What did Edmund Randolph present to the delegates?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)