|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did George Mason argue in the debate of June 4?
(a) He argued for a unified executive.
(b) He argued for an appointed executive.
(c) He argued for an elected executive.
(d) He argued against a unified executive.
2. What must the government use its power to protect the people from, in James Madison's opinion?
(b) Foreign influence.
(c) Big businesses.
(d) The government itself.
3. What did the Southern economy rely on at the time of the constitutional convention?
(a) State-to-state trade.
4. Where did Mr. Gerry think the country's current troubles came from?
(a) Too little representation in government.
(b) Too much democracy.
(c) Too little religion.
(d) Too much foreign influence.
5. What was Mr. Wilson's feeling about the compromise?
(a) He felt that majority rule alone could legitimize government.
(b) He felt that elections were not accurate indications of the country's needs.
(c) He felt that appointed leaders were better suited for the work of governing.
(d) He felt that popular participation would weaken government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did James Madison argue government legitimacy came from?
2. What was the dominant fear about the executive?
3. What power was missing from the Articles?
4. Which form of government includes a representative government without hereditary privilege?
5. Who proposed that government officers not receive salaries?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)