|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Americans and Britons discussing a great deal during the 1770s?
(a) Political thought and theory.
(b) The Massachusetts charter.
(c) Warfare against the Native Americans.
(d) Warfare against the French.
2. What did delegates debate on June 6?
(a) How to elect members of the House.
(b) How to declare war.
(c) How to limit the executive's power.
(d) How to appoint judges.
3. What were opponents of the resolution that was ultimately adopted afraid of?
(a) That trade would be stifled.
(b) That foreign countries would be able to divide and conquer.
(c) That the states would gain too much independence.
(d) That the federal government would become too powerful.
4. Who was particularly concerned about the Virginia Plan?
(a) Small states.
(b) Large states.
(c) Populous states.
(d) Southern states.
5. What did Mr. Paterson argue about the New Jersey Plan?
(a) That it diminished the power of the states.
(b) That it made the federal government too independent.
(c) That it did not give the executive too much power.
(d) That it did not protect the states enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What opinion bolstered Mr. Sherman's view about where election should take place?
2. What did Mr. Hamilton argue during the debate over the length of Senatorial term-lengths?
3. What was cut out when the Constitutional Convention doted down part of the Virginia Plan?
4. Which form of government includes a king whose powers are limited by a statement of the laws?
5. What reason did Mr. Mason give for the view he presented at the convention?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)