|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where should budget bills start, according to the compromise?
(a) In the House of Representatives.
(b) In the Senate.
(c) In the Supreme Court.
(d) In the executive.
2. Why did delegates argue for a judicial veto power?
(a) To correct bad laws.
(b) To prevent corruption.
(c) To protect small states.
(d) To prevent bad executive judgment.
3. Who was particularly concerned about the Virginia Plan?
(a) Populous states.
(b) Southern states.
(c) Large states.
(d) Small states.
4. What did a legitimate government require, in James Madison's opinion?
(a) Direct democracy.
(c) Freedom from debt.
(d) A strong military.
5. What was the objection to democracy at the constitutional convention?
(a) The threat of concentrated executive power.
(b) The danger of foreign influence.
(c) The threat of mob rule.
(d) The problems with devising a scheme of representation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of representation did James Madison advocate?
2. Where did Mr. Sherman say election should take place?
3. Where did Mr. Gerry think the country's current troubles came from?
4. What were the delegates debating in Chapter 3?
5. What did Dr. Johnson advocate during the debate over federal power?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)