|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the South want the Constitution to regulate trade?
(a) The South wanted the Constitution not to regulate trade at all.
(b) The South wanted the Constitution to keep Congress from restricting trade.
(c) The South wanted the Constitution to keep tariffs low indefinitely.
(d) The South wanted the Constitution to let Congress set tariffs with a simple majority vote.
2. Why did delegates argue for a judicial veto power?
(a) To prevent bad executive judgment.
(b) To correct bad laws.
(c) To protect small states.
(d) To prevent corruption.
3. What was cut out when the Constitutional Convention doted down part of the Virginia Plan?
(a) Congress's ability to vote down state laws.
(b) Congress's ability to declare war.
(c) Congress's ability to impose state taxes.
(d) Congress's ability to regulate interstate trade.
4. How did the New Jersey Plan resolve the question of the relationship of state laws to federal laws?
(a) It gave the states priority in matters of trade, but the federal government priority in military matters.
(b) State laws could still take precedence.
(c) The Supreme Court would decide on a state-by-state basis which laws took precedence.
(d) Congressional laws were still the law of the land.
5. What kind of political thought was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
(a) Practical political thought.
(b) Conservative political thought.
(c) Radical political thought.
(d) Aristocratic political thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of representation did James Madison advocate?
2. What did George Mason say he feared, in his argument on June 4?
3. What was the objection to constitutional monarchy at the constitutional convention?
4. What opinion bolstered Mr. Sherman's view about where election should take place?
5. What did delegates debate on June 6?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)