|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which constituents did Dr. Johnson want to placate with the plan he advocated?
(a) Foreign diplomats.
(c) The upper classes.
(d) Small states.
2. What was the Great Compromise?
(a) A bicameral legislature.
(b) The creation of the Electoral College.
(c) Bring Texas into the union as a slave state, and Missouri as free.
(d) Appoint judges for life, but allow them to be impeached.
3. What did the Virginia Plan propose to do to the Articles?
(a) Discard them.
(b) Fix their flaws.
(c) Extend their authority for another ten years.
(d) Ratify them in Virginia.
4. Where did James Madison argue government legitimacy came from?
(a) The political process itself.
(b) The power of the government.
(c) The righteousness of laws.
(d) Consent of the governed.
5. What complaints were lodged against the proposal to elect Senators in state legislatures?
(a) It would give too much power to large states.
(b) It would create a plutocracy.
(c) It would dissipate federal power among the states.
(d) It would over-represent the small states.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the objection to democracy at the constitutional convention?
2. What must the government use its power to protect the people from, in James Madison's opinion?
3. What was the dominant fear about the executive?
4. Who proposed that government officers not receive salaries?
5. Why did Mr. Wilson prefer the New Jersey Plan?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)