|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many branches of government did Mr. Madison propose be elected?
(a) At least one.
(c) He proposed that all government positions should be elected.
2. What did delegates debate on June 6?
(a) How to limit the executive's power.
(b) How to elect members of the House.
(c) How to appoint judges.
(d) How to declare war.
3. What plan did James Madison favor?
(a) A diplomatic plan.
(b) A state-centric plan.
(c) A federal plan.
(d) An isolationist plan.
4. What did William Paterson offer the convention?
(a) The Missouri Compromise.
(b) The Great Compromise.
(c) The Virginia Plan.
(d) The New Jersey Plan.
5. What did Alexander Hamilton want to protect the executive from?
(c) Foreign influence.
(d) Popular sentiment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Madison and Jefferson want to do about judges?
2. What did Madison argue for in his letter to George Washington?
3. What opinion bolstered Mr. Sherman's view about where election should take place?
4. What complaints were lodged against the proposal to elect Senators in state legislatures?
5. What did the delegates debate concerning state laws?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)