|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did delegates argue for a small senate?
(a) They thought it would make for debate that is more dignified.
(b) They thought it would limit the influence of the executive.
(c) They thought it would give the large states fair representation.
(d) They thought it would make Senators more intimate and therefore more willing to compromise.
2. What plan did James Madison favor?
(a) An isolationist plan.
(b) A federal plan.
(c) A state-centric plan.
(d) A diplomatic plan.
3. What reason did delegates give for Senators being elected in state legislatures?
(a) They would therefore be men of character.
(b) They would have the contacts they needed within the state.
(c) They would therefore be essentially promoted from within.
(d) They would already know the laws.
4. What position did "Publius" advocate?
(a) Defending the new Constitution.
(b) Attacking the new Constitution.
(c) Proposing an alternative to the Constitution.
(d) Arguing against ratification of the Constitution.
5. What did Madison and Jefferson want to do about judges?
(a) Protect them from popular politics.
(b) Allow them independence in their rulings.
(c) Review their judgments in the Congress.
(d) Subject them to elections.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did delegates suggest would happen if state legislatures chose Representatives for the House?
2. What did James Madison argue with relation to the New Jersey Plan?
3. What did delegates oppose in the Virginia Plan?
4. What did the Virginia Plan propose to do to the Articles?
5. How much of the Virginia Plan was accepted?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)