|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Alexander Hamilton propose in his speech?
(a) Regulation of slavery.
(b) A standing army.
(c) A Supreme Court.
(d) An executive-for-life.
2. What was the dominant fear about the executive?
(a) The power to impose taxes.
(b) The power to appoint judges.
(c) The power to go to war.
(d) The power to regulate trade.
3. What did delegates oppose in the Virginia Plan?
(a) Increasing the federal government's power.
(b) Isolating America in the international community.
(c) Giving populous states too much influence.
(d) Giving the states too much independence.
4. What was cut out when the Constitutional Convention doted down part of the Virginia Plan?
(a) Congress's ability to vote down state laws.
(b) Congress's ability to declare war.
(c) Congress's ability to impose state taxes.
(d) Congress's ability to regulate interstate trade.
5. Where on the political spectrum were Alexander Hamilton's opinions?
(a) Closer to monarchy than democracy.
(b) Closer to anarchy than democracy.
(c) Closer to republicanism than democracy.
(d) Closer to democracy than republicanism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mr. Paterson argue about the New Jersey Plan?
2. Which constituents did Dr. Johnson want to placate with the plan he advocated?
3. Who wrote the introduction to this edition of "The Anti-Federalist Papers"?
4. Which form of government includes direct voting by the people?
5. What did delegates suggest would happen if state legislatures chose Representatives for the House?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)