|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did William Paterson offer the convention?
(a) The New Jersey Plan.
(b) The Great Compromise.
(c) The Virginia Plan.
(d) The Missouri Compromise.
2. What were Americans and Britons discussing a great deal during the 1770s?
(a) Political thought and theory.
(b) The Massachusetts charter.
(c) Warfare against the Native Americans.
(d) Warfare against the French.
3. Alexander Hamilton gave a speech that expressed what value?
(a) The value of low tariffs.
(b) The value of abolishing slavery.
(c) The value of independent states.
(d) The value of a strong federal government.
4. What would happen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
(a) Legislators would have to have wealthy patrons.
(b) Men who lusted for power and money would not run for office.
(c) The government would consist solely of landed gentry.
(d) Men who needed money would be liable to be influenced by special interests.
5. What did delegates suggest would happen if state legislatures chose Representatives for the House?
(a) The states would acquire too much power.
(b) State and federal powers would balance.
(c) The government would not be legitimate.
(d) The people would revolt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Madison and Jefferson want to do about judges?
2. Why did many delegates support one resolution to this question?
3. What plan did James Madison favor?
4. How many branches of government did Mr. Madison propose be elected?
5. What did Madison say the country needed, in his letter to George Washington?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)