|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Madison say the country needed, in his letter to George Washington?
(a) A dispassionate umpire.
(b) A charismatic leader.
(c) A central coordinating committee.
(d) Short presidential terms.
2. What did Edmund Randolph present to the delegates?
(a) Articles of Confederation.
(b) The Virginia Plan.
(c) The Great Compromise.
(d) The New Jersey Plan.
3. What did Madison stress in his letter to George Washington?
(a) The need for representation by population.
(b) The need for high taxes to pay for federal army and government.
(c) The need for restraints on popular sentiment.
(d) The need for representation by state and region.
4. What were Americans and Britons discussing a great deal during the 1770s?
(a) The Massachusetts charter.
(b) Warfare against the Native Americans.
(c) Warfare against the French.
(d) Political thought and theory.
5. Delegates were trying to strike a balance in their decision about electing representatives for the House between what?
(a) Between federal and state power.
(b) Between East coast and southern power.
(c) Between ideals and practical applications.
(d) Between American and foreign power.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which constituents did Dr. Johnson want to placate with the plan he advocated?
2. What complaints were lodged against the proposal to elect Senators in state legislatures?
3. What position did "Publius" advocate?
4. What did Alexander Hamilton propose in his speech?
5. What did opponents of the resolution that was ultimately adopted think would be the consequence of adopting the proposal?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)