|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did delegates debate on June 6?
(a) How to elect members of the House.
(b) How to limit the executive's power.
(c) How to declare war.
(d) How to appoint judges.
2. What kind of political thought was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
(a) Conservative political thought.
(b) Aristocratic political thought.
(c) Radical political thought.
(d) Practical political thought.
3. Where do delegates think that authority needs to originate in order to be legitimate?
(a) The landowners.
(b) The poor.
(c) The people.
(d) The merchants.
4. What theory was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
(a) The theory of intelligent design.
(b) The theory of institutional design.
(c) The theory of evolution.
(d) The theory of free trade and open markets.
5. What did Mr. Mason support at the convention?
(a) Election by the people.
(b) Appointment by the President.
(c) Election of Senators by Senators.
(d) Election by state legislatures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the objection to democracy at the constitutional convention?
2. Alexander Hamilton gave a speech that expressed what value?
3. What was the objection to constitutional monarchy at the constitutional convention?
4. What did George Mason argue in the debate of June 4?
5. Why did delegates argue that Senators should be elected in state legislatures?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)