|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the New Jersey Plan allow the federal government to do?
(a) Tax intra-state commerce.
(b) Regulate slavery.
(c) Support a Supreme Court.
(d) Maintain a standing army.
2. What kind of rulers did James Madison believe the country needed?
(a) Old world aristocrats.
(b) Innocent, smart individuals.
(c) Wise, virtuous individuals.
(d) Leaders with frontier experience.
3. What was the benefit of adopting the resolution that was ultimately adopted?
(a) It allowed the federal government to be effective.
(b) It weakened the Articles of Confederation and gave the states more power.
(c) It created a need for a lot of inter-state lawsuits.
(d) It resolved decades of inter-state tension.
4. What were the delegates' intentions when they argued for election of Senators from state legislatures?
(a) Creating a check against popular democracy.
(b) Improving upon the process by which the people were represented.
(c) Insulating the federal government from individuals in the states.
(d) Raising the Senate above popular opinion.
5. Which form of government includes a king whose powers are limited by a statement of the laws?
(a) Constitutional monarchy.
(b) Representative democracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where on the political spectrum were Alexander Hamilton's opinions?
2. How many branches of government did Mr. Madison propose be elected?
3. What did Edmund Randolph present to the delegates?
4. Why did Mr. Wilson prefer the New Jersey Plan?
5. What reason did Mr. Mason give for the view he presented at the convention?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)