|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the benefit of adopting the resolution that was ultimately adopted?
(a) It weakened the Articles of Confederation and gave the states more power.
(b) It allowed the federal government to be effective.
(c) It created a need for a lot of inter-state lawsuits.
(d) It resolved decades of inter-state tension.
2. What did delegates oppose in the Virginia Plan?
(a) Increasing the federal government's power.
(b) Giving populous states too much influence.
(c) Isolating America in the international community.
(d) Giving the states too much independence.
3. What did delegates debate on June 6?
(a) How to declare war.
(b) How to elect members of the House.
(c) How to limit the executive's power.
(d) How to appoint judges.
4. Which form of government includes direct voting by the people?
(b) Constitutional monarchy.
(c) Representative democracy.
5. What did Mr. Mason support at the convention?
(a) Election by the people.
(b) Election by state legislatures.
(c) Election of Senators by Senators.
(d) Appointment by the President.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did delegates suggest would happen if state legislatures chose Representatives for the House?
2. What position did "Publius" advocate?
3. What did Mr. Paterson argue about the New Jersey Plan?
4. What kind of political thought was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
5. What resolution was ultimately adopted?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)