|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What thoughts did Mr. Wilson express at the convention?
(a) Popular election will give people confidence in the government.
(b) Popular election will allow the people to mislead each other.
(c) Popular election will debase public discourse.
(d) Popular election will lead to a tyranny of the masses.
2. Why did delegates argue for a small senate?
(a) They thought it would make Senators more intimate and therefore more willing to compromise.
(b) They thought it would make for debate that is more dignified.
(c) They thought it would limit the influence of the executive.
(d) They thought it would give the large states fair representation.
3. What was the dominant fear about the executive?
(a) The power to go to war.
(b) The power to appoint judges.
(c) The power to regulate trade.
(d) The power to impose taxes.
4. What was the Great Compromise?
(a) Bring Texas into the union as a slave state, and Missouri as free.
(b) The creation of the Electoral College.
(c) A bicameral legislature.
(d) Appoint judges for life, but allow them to be impeached.
5. Where did Mr. Sherman say election should take place?
(a) Among sitting representatives.
(b) In the Electoral College.
(c) In the popular polls.
(d) In the state legislatures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Madison say the country needed, in his letter to George Washington?
2. What did all the delegates at the federal convention agree on?
3. How would government service be seen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
4. What did opponents of the resolution that was ultimately adopted think would be the consequence of adopting the proposal?
5. What was the objection to democracy at the constitutional convention?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)