|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What opinion bolstered Mr. Sherman's view about where election should take place?
(a) He believed that small states needed equal representation.
(b) He believed that the populace could be misled.
(c) He believed that people could be trusted with self-governance.
(d) He believed in a strong democracy.
2. Where did James Madison argue government legitimacy came from?
(a) The political process itself.
(b) The power of the government.
(c) Consent of the governed.
(d) The righteousness of laws.
3. What was the benefit of adopting the resolution that was ultimately adopted?
(a) It created a need for a lot of inter-state lawsuits.
(b) It allowed the federal government to be effective.
(c) It resolved decades of inter-state tension.
(d) It weakened the Articles of Confederation and gave the states more power.
4. What did the Virginia Plan propose to do to the Articles?
(a) Ratify them in Virginia.
(b) Discard them.
(c) Extend their authority for another ten years.
(d) Fix their flaws.
5. What did a legitimate government require, in James Madison's opinion?
(b) Direct democracy.
(c) Freedom from debt.
(d) A strong military.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mr. Gerry think the country's current troubles came from?
2. How much of the Virginia Plan was accepted?
3. How did the South want the Constitution to regulate trade?
4. What was cut out when the Constitutional Convention doted down part of the Virginia Plan?
5. Where did Mr. Sherman say election should take place?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)