|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Madison stress in his letter to George Washington?
(a) The need for representation by state and region.
(b) The need for representation by population.
(c) The need for high taxes to pay for federal army and government.
(d) The need for restraints on popular sentiment.
2. What did Mr. Mason propose in his arguments of June 4?
(a) That the executive be appointed by Congress.
(b) That the executive be chosen in popular elections.
(c) That there be an executive for each region.
(d) That there be two executives, like Roman consuls.
3. What kind of representation did James Madison advocate?
(a) Representation by state size.
(b) Representation by person.
(c) Representation by revenue.
(d) Representation by state.
4. Who proposed that government officers not receive salaries?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) James Madison.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
5. Which form of government includes direct voting by the people?
(a) Representative democracy.
(b) Constitutional monarchy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the objection to constitutional monarchy at the constitutional convention?
2. What did Dr. Johnson advocate during the debate over federal power?
3. What did Madison say the country needed, in his letter to George Washington?
4. What did Mr. Mason support at the convention?
5. What complaints were lodged against the proposal to elect Senators in state legislatures?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)