|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did delegates argue for a small senate?
(a) They thought it would limit the influence of the executive.
(b) They thought it would make for debate that is more dignified.
(c) They thought it would make Senators more intimate and therefore more willing to compromise.
(d) They thought it would give the large states fair representation.
2. What theory was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
(a) The theory of evolution.
(b) The theory of institutional design.
(c) The theory of free trade and open markets.
(d) The theory of intelligent design.
3. What kind of representation did James Madison advocate?
(a) Representation by state size.
(b) Representation by person.
(c) Representation by state.
(d) Representation by revenue.
4. What did William Paterson offer the convention?
(a) The Missouri Compromise.
(b) The Virginia Plan.
(c) The New Jersey Plan.
(d) The Great Compromise.
5. What did opponents of the resolution that was ultimately adopted think would be the consequence of adopting the proposal?
(a) That states would work by region to set their own laws and standards.
(b) That the states would lose tax income to the federal government.
(c) That the states would be eradicated.
(d) That the states would have to band together to oppose the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was cut out when the Constitutional Convention doted down part of the Virginia Plan?
2. What did James Madison argue with relation to the New Jersey Plan?
3. What kind of rulers did James Madison believe the country needed?
4. What did the Southern economy rely on at the time of the constitutional convention?
5. What was the dominant fear about the executive?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)