|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason did delegates give for Senators being elected in state legislatures?
(a) They would therefore be men of character.
(b) They would already know the laws.
(c) They would have the contacts they needed within the state.
(d) They would therefore be essentially promoted from within.
2. How much of the Virginia Plan was accepted?
(a) All of it.
(b) Most of it.
(c) A few key provisions.
(d) None of it.
3. What did Alexander Hamilton want to protect the executive from?
(b) Foreign influence.
(d) Popular sentiment.
4. What did Madison stress in his letter to George Washington?
(a) The need for representation by population.
(b) The need for representation by state and region.
(c) The need for high taxes to pay for federal army and government.
(d) The need for restraints on popular sentiment.
5. Alexander Hamilton gave a speech that expressed what value?
(a) The value of abolishing slavery.
(b) The value of independent states.
(c) The value of low tariffs.
(d) The value of a strong federal government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mr. Mason support at the convention?
2. What did Randolph argue at the convention?
3. What did William Paterson offer the convention?
4. What did Mr. Mason propose in his arguments of June 4?
5. What was cut out when the Constitutional Convention doted down part of the Virginia Plan?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)