|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did many delegates support one resolution to this question?
(a) To avoid dissension.
(b) To limit the independence of the federal government.
(c) To reduce the federal government's power.
(d) To cater to the states' needs.
2. Alexander Hamilton gave a speech that expressed what value?
(a) The value of abolishing slavery.
(b) The value of independent states.
(c) The value of a strong federal government.
(d) The value of low tariffs.
3. Where did Mr. Gerry think the country's current troubles came from?
(a) Too much democracy.
(b) Too little religion.
(c) Too much foreign influence.
(d) Too little representation in government.
4. What were Americans concluding by the 1780s?
(a) That the federal executive was too weak.
(b) That mercantile colonialism had been a working model before the revolution.
(c) That representation could have been earned without warfare.
(d) That there was too much power in the federal government.
5. How did the South want the Constitution to regulate trade?
(a) The South wanted the Constitution to let Congress set tariffs with a simple majority vote.
(b) The South wanted the Constitution not to regulate trade at all.
(c) The South wanted the Constitution to keep Congress from restricting trade.
(d) The South wanted the Constitution to keep tariffs low indefinitely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the New Jersey Plan allow the federal government to do?
2. What did William Paterson offer the convention?
3. What power was missing from the Articles?
4. What did James Madison support?
5. What did Alexander Hamilton propose in his speech?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)