|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alexander Hamilton gave a speech that expressed what value?
(a) The value of independent states.
(b) The value of abolishing slavery.
(c) The value of low tariffs.
(d) The value of a strong federal government.
2. What did a legitimate government require, in James Madison's opinion?
(a) Direct democracy.
(c) Freedom from debt.
(d) A strong military.
3. Why did Mr. Wilson prefer the New Jersey Plan?
(a) Because it provided multiple legislative houses.
(b) Because it centralized power in the executive.
(c) Because it protected America from European influence.
(d) Because it provided for a standing army.
4. What did Madison and Jefferson feel about Virginia?
(a) That international trade would solve its budget problems.
(b) That the taxation rates were too low.
(c) That democracy restricted the leaders.
(d) That the executive was too weak.
5. What did delegates suggest would happen if state legislatures chose Representatives for the House?
(a) The government would not be legitimate.
(b) The people would revolt.
(c) The states would acquire too much power.
(d) State and federal powers would balance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which form of government includes direct voting by the people?
2. What did Mr. Mason support at the convention?
3. What did Edmund Randolph present to the delegates?
4. What thoughts did Mr. Wilson express at the convention?
5. How would government service be seen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)