|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the motion not to give government officers salaries?
(a) It was rejected as impractical.
(b) It was tabled to be voted on later.
(c) It was rejected as too aristocratic.
(d) It was killed in committee.
2. What position did "Publius" advocate?
(a) Defending the new Constitution.
(b) Arguing against ratification of the Constitution.
(c) Proposing an alternative to the Constitution.
(d) Attacking the new Constitution.
3. What was the benefit of adopting the resolution that was ultimately adopted?
(a) It resolved decades of inter-state tension.
(b) It created a need for a lot of inter-state lawsuits.
(c) It allowed the federal government to be effective.
(d) It weakened the Articles of Confederation and gave the states more power.
4. Where did Mr. Sherman say election should take place?
(a) In the state legislatures.
(b) In the Electoral College.
(c) In the popular polls.
(d) Among sitting representatives.
5. What power was missing from the Articles?
(a) The power to amend the Articles.
(b) The power to conduct war.
(c) The power to regulate foreign trade.
(d) Executive power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Randolph argue at the convention?
2. What did Mr. Sherman argue during the debate over the length of Senatorial term-lengths?
3. How many branches of government did Mr. Madison propose be elected?
4. What did Madison say the country needed, in his letter to George Washington?
5. Which bodies were the delegates considering as electors of Representatives in the House?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)