|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dr. Johnson advocate during the debate over federal power?
(a) Centralizing power in the federal government.
(b) Preserving state power.
(c) Instituting a Supreme Court.
(d) Reducing the size of the federal government.
2. What did Madison say the country needed, in his letter to George Washington?
(a) Short presidential terms.
(b) A charismatic leader.
(c) A central coordinating committee.
(d) A dispassionate umpire.
3. What was the Great Compromise?
(a) A bicameral legislature.
(b) The creation of the Electoral College.
(c) Appoint judges for life, but allow them to be impeached.
(d) Bring Texas into the union as a slave state, and Missouri as free.
4. Where did James Madison argue government legitimacy came from?
(a) Consent of the governed.
(b) The political process itself.
(c) The power of the government.
(d) The righteousness of laws.
5. Which form of government includes a representative government without hereditary privilege?
(c) Representative democracy.
(d) Constitutional monarchy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Americans concluding by the 1780s?
2. What did Alexander Hamilton want to protect the executive from?
3. What kind of representation did James Madison advocate?
4. Why did Mr. Wilson prefer the New Jersey Plan?
5. What would happen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)