|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Madison and Jefferson feel about Virginia?
(a) That international trade would solve its budget problems.
(b) That democracy restricted the leaders.
(c) That the executive was too weak.
(d) That the taxation rates were too low.
2. What must the government use its power to protect the people from, in James Madison's opinion?
(b) Big businesses.
(c) The government itself.
(d) Foreign influence.
3. Which bodies were the delegates considering as electors of Representatives in the House?
(a) Property owners or free men.
(b) The people or state legislatures.
(c) Special committees or state legislatures.
(d) State legislatures or the national senate.
4. What did Alexander Hamilton want to protect the executive from?
(b) Foreign influence.
(c) Popular sentiment.
5. What did Alexander Hamilton propose in his speech?
(a) An executive-for-life.
(b) A standing army.
(c) Regulation of slavery.
(d) A Supreme Court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the delegates' intentions when they argued for election of Senators from state legislatures?
2. How did the South want the Constitution to regulate trade?
3. What did delegates suggest would happen if state legislatures chose Representatives for the House?
4. What was the objection to democracy at the constitutional convention?
5. What did Randolph argue at the convention?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)