|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mr. Wilson prefer the New Jersey Plan?
(a) Because it provided multiple legislative houses.
(b) Because it centralized power in the executive.
(c) Because it protected America from European influence.
(d) Because it provided for a standing army.
2. What did George Mason say he feared, in his argument on June 4?
(a) That government will degenerate into mob rule.
(b) That government will degenerate into monarchy.
(c) That government will not have enough funding.
(d) That government will degenerate into a tool of businesses.
3. Which form of government includes direct voting by the people?
(a) Constitutional monarchy.
(b) Representative democracy.
4. Where did Mr. Sherman say election should take place?
(a) Among sitting representatives.
(b) In the state legislatures.
(c) In the popular polls.
(d) In the Electoral College.
5. What did all the delegates at the federal convention agree on?
(a) Government by consent.
(b) The importance of a strong central government.
(c) Laissez-faire economic policy.
(d) The rights of a king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did James Madison argue government legitimacy came from?
2. Where do delegates think that authority needs to originate in order to be legitimate?
3. What theory was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
4. What did George Mason argue in the debate of June 4?
5. What thoughts did Mr. Wilson express at the convention?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)