|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Madison stress in his letter to George Washington?
(a) The need for high taxes to pay for federal army and government.
(b) The need for representation by state and region.
(c) The need for representation by population.
(d) The need for restraints on popular sentiment.
2. What subject were the delegates debating in Chapter 6?
(a) Whether the federal government should oversee state laws.
(b) Whether the executive should be singular or plural.
(c) Who should be eligible to vote in elections.
(d) Whether government officers should receive pay.
3. What did the Southern economy rely on at the time of the constitutional convention?
(b) State-to-state trade.
4. What would happen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
(a) The government would consist solely of landed gentry.
(b) Men who needed money would be liable to be influenced by special interests.
(c) Men who lusted for power and money would not run for office.
(d) Legislators would have to have wealthy patrons.
5. What did George Mason argue in the debate of June 4?
(a) He argued against a unified executive.
(b) He argued for a unified executive.
(c) He argued for an appointed executive.
(d) He argued for an elected executive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What power was missing from the Articles?
2. What theory was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
3. Who wrote the introduction to this edition of "The Anti-Federalist Papers"?
4. What did Mr. Mason support at the convention?
5. What was the objection to constitutional monarchy at the constitutional convention?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)