|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of political thought was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
(a) Aristocratic political thought.
(b) Practical political thought.
(c) Conservative political thought.
(d) Radical political thought.
2. What did Madison say the country needed, in his letter to George Washington?
(a) A dispassionate umpire.
(b) A charismatic leader.
(c) Short presidential terms.
(d) A central coordinating committee.
3. Why did delegates argue for a small senate?
(a) They thought it would make for debate that is more dignified.
(b) They thought it would make Senators more intimate and therefore more willing to compromise.
(c) They thought it would limit the influence of the executive.
(d) They thought it would give the large states fair representation.
4. Delegates were trying to strike a balance in their decision about electing representatives for the House between what?
(a) Between federal and state power.
(b) Between ideals and practical applications.
(c) Between East coast and southern power.
(d) Between American and foreign power.
5. What was cut out when the Constitutional Convention doted down part of the Virginia Plan?
(a) Congress's ability to declare war.
(b) Congress's ability to regulate interstate trade.
(c) Congress's ability to impose state taxes.
(d) Congress's ability to vote down state laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which form of government includes a king whose powers are limited by a statement of the laws?
2. What complaints were lodged against the proposal to elect Senators in state legislatures?
3. How would government service be seen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
4. What did James Madison support?
5. What was the Great Compromise?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)