|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mr. Gerry think the country's current troubles came from?
(a) Too much democracy.
(b) Too little religion.
(c) Too little representation in government.
(d) Too much foreign influence.
2. What would happen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
(a) Legislators would have to have wealthy patrons.
(b) Men who needed money would be liable to be influenced by special interests.
(c) Men who lusted for power and money would not run for office.
(d) The government would consist solely of landed gentry.
3. What were the delegates debating in Chapter 3?
(a) The election of the House of Representatives.
(b) The election of the President.
(c) The election of Senators.
(d) The appointment of judges.
4. What was the objection to constitutional monarchy at the constitutional convention?
(a) The threat of mob rule.
(b) The threat of tyranny of the masses.
(c) The Americans' distaste following the war.
(d) The possibility of a runaway executive.
5. What did Madison and Jefferson want to do about judges?
(a) Allow them independence in their rulings.
(b) Review their judgments in the Congress.
(c) Protect them from popular politics.
(d) Subject them to elections.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did delegates suggest would happen if state legislatures chose Representatives for the House?
2. What was cut out when the Constitutional Convention doted down part of the Virginia Plan?
3. What were the delegates' intentions when they argued for election of Senators from state legislatures?
4. Which form of government includes a king whose powers are limited by a statement of the laws?
5. What did all the delegates at the federal convention agree on?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)