|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position did "Publius" advocate?
(a) Arguing against ratification of the Constitution.
(b) Defending the new Constitution.
(c) Proposing an alternative to the Constitution.
(d) Attacking the new Constitution.
2. What did James Madison support?
(a) A system of checks and balances.
(b) Strong state governments.
(c) A government of businesses.
(d) A strong federal government.
3. What were the delegates debating in Chapter 3?
(a) The election of the President.
(b) The election of Senators.
(c) The appointment of judges.
(d) The election of the House of Representatives.
4. What subject were the delegates debating in Chapter 6?
(a) Whether government officers should receive pay.
(b) Who should be eligible to vote in elections.
(c) Whether the federal government should oversee state laws.
(d) Whether the executive should be singular or plural.
5. What were the delegates' intentions when they argued for election of Senators from state legislatures?
(a) Creating a check against popular democracy.
(b) Insulating the federal government from individuals in the states.
(c) Raising the Senate above popular opinion.
(d) Improving upon the process by which the people were represented.
Short Answer Questions
1. What complaints were lodged against the proposal to elect Senators in state legislatures?
2. What did Madison and Jefferson feel about Virginia?
3. What was the Great Compromise?
4. What was the dominant fear about the executive?
5. What was the objection to constitutional monarchy at the constitutional convention?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)