|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the objection to constitutional monarchy at the constitutional convention?
(a) The possibility of a runaway executive.
(b) The threat of mob rule.
(c) The Americans' distaste following the war.
(d) The threat of tyranny of the masses.
2. What was the Great Compromise?
(a) Bring Texas into the union as a slave state, and Missouri as free.
(b) A bicameral legislature.
(c) The creation of the Electoral College.
(d) Appoint judges for life, but allow them to be impeached.
3. What kind of political thought was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
(a) Radical political thought.
(b) Conservative political thought.
(c) Practical political thought.
(d) Aristocratic political thought.
4. What did Madison and Jefferson feel about Virginia?
(a) That the taxation rates were too low.
(b) That international trade would solve its budget problems.
(c) That democracy restricted the leaders.
(d) That the executive was too weak.
5. Who proposed that government officers not receive salaries?
(a) James Madison.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Alexander Hamilton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do delegates think that authority needs to originate in order to be legitimate?
2. What reason did delegates give for Senators being elected in state legislatures?
3. How would government service be seen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
4. What did Mr. Mason propose in his arguments of June 4?
5. What opinion bolstered Mr. Sherman's view about where election should take place?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)