|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complaints were lodged against the proposal to elect Senators in state legislatures?
(a) It would create a plutocracy.
(b) It would over-represent the small states.
(c) It would dissipate federal power among the states.
(d) It would give too much power to large states.
2. Which bodies were the delegates considering as electors of Representatives in the House?
(a) Property owners or free men.
(b) State legislatures or the national senate.
(c) The people or state legislatures.
(d) Special committees or state legislatures.
3. What did delegates debate on June 6?
(a) How to appoint judges.
(b) How to limit the executive's power.
(c) How to elect members of the House.
(d) How to declare war.
4. Which form of government includes direct voting by the people?
(c) Representative democracy.
(d) Constitutional monarchy.
5. What thoughts did Mr. Wilson express at the convention?
(a) Popular election will allow the people to mislead each other.
(b) Popular election will give people confidence in the government.
(c) Popular election will lead to a tyranny of the masses.
(d) Popular election will debase public discourse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Madison argue for in his letter to George Washington?
2. What thoughts did Mr. Madison express on the topic of elections during debate at the convention?
3. What were Americans and Britons discussing a great deal during the 1770s?
4. What were Americans concluding by the 1780s?
5. What did delegates suggest would happen if state legislatures chose Representatives for the House?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)