|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Great Compromise?
(a) The creation of the Electoral College.
(b) Bring Texas into the union as a slave state, and Missouri as free.
(c) A bicameral legislature.
(d) Appoint judges for life, but allow them to be impeached.
2. Which form of government includes a king whose powers are limited by a statement of the laws?
(a) Representative democracy.
(c) Constitutional monarchy.
3. What opinion bolstered Mr. Sherman's view about where election should take place?
(a) He believed that people could be trusted with self-governance.
(b) He believed in a strong democracy.
(c) He believed that the populace could be misled.
(d) He believed that small states needed equal representation.
4. What position did "Publius" advocate?
(a) Arguing against ratification of the Constitution.
(b) Defending the new Constitution.
(c) Attacking the new Constitution.
(d) Proposing an alternative to the Constitution.
5. Where did Mr. Sherman say election should take place?
(a) In the popular polls.
(b) In the Electoral College.
(c) In the state legislatures.
(d) Among sitting representatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Madison say the country needed, in his letter to George Washington?
2. What did Madison and Jefferson want to do about judges?
3. What reason did delegates give for Senators being elected in state legislatures?
4. What did the Virginia Plan propose to do to the Articles?
5. What did George Mason argue in the debate of June 4?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)