|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the introduction to this edition of "The Anti-Federalist Papers"?
(a) James Madison.
(b) Sacvan Bercovitch.
(c) Alexander Hamilton.
(d) Ralph Ketcham.
2. What did George Mason argue in the debate of June 4?
(a) He argued for an elected executive.
(b) He argued for an appointed executive.
(c) He argued against a unified executive.
(d) He argued for a unified executive.
3. How did the South want the Constitution to regulate trade?
(a) The South wanted the Constitution to let Congress set tariffs with a simple majority vote.
(b) The South wanted the Constitution to keep tariffs low indefinitely.
(c) The South wanted the Constitution not to regulate trade at all.
(d) The South wanted the Constitution to keep Congress from restricting trade.
4. What thoughts did Mr. Wilson express at the convention?
(a) Popular election will debase public discourse.
(b) Popular election will give people confidence in the government.
(c) Popular election will allow the people to mislead each other.
(d) Popular election will lead to a tyranny of the masses.
5. Which form of government includes a representative government without hereditary privilege?
(b) Constitutional monarchy.
(d) Representative democracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Americans concluding by the 1780s?
2. What did Madison say the country needed, in his letter to George Washington?
3. What were the delegates debating in Chapter 3?
4. Who proposed that government officers not receive salaries?
5. What did George Mason say he feared, in his argument on June 4?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)