|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Madison say the country needed, in his letter to George Washington?
(a) A central coordinating committee.
(b) Short presidential terms.
(c) A charismatic leader.
(d) A dispassionate umpire.
2. Who proposed that government officers not receive salaries?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) George Washington.
(d) James Madison.
3. What did Edmund Randolph present to the delegates?
(a) Articles of Confederation.
(b) The New Jersey Plan.
(c) The Virginia Plan.
(d) The Great Compromise.
4. What happened to the motion not to give government officers salaries?
(a) It was rejected as too aristocratic.
(b) It was rejected as impractical.
(c) It was tabled to be voted on later.
(d) It was killed in committee.
5. What did delegates suggest would happen if state legislatures chose Representatives for the House?
(a) The people would revolt.
(b) The states would acquire too much power.
(c) The government would not be legitimate.
(d) State and federal powers would balance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theory was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
2. Who wrote the introduction to this edition of "The Anti-Federalist Papers"?
3. Why did delegates argue for a small senate?
4. What was the objection to democracy at the constitutional convention?
5. Where did Mr. Sherman say election should take place?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)