|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Madison and Jefferson feel about Virginia?
(a) That the taxation rates were too low.
(b) That democracy restricted the leaders.
(c) That international trade would solve its budget problems.
(d) That the executive was too weak.
2. What happened to the motion not to give government officers salaries?
(a) It was killed in committee.
(b) It was rejected as impractical.
(c) It was tabled to be voted on later.
(d) It was rejected as too aristocratic.
3. What kind of political thought was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
(a) Conservative political thought.
(b) Aristocratic political thought.
(c) Radical political thought.
(d) Practical political thought.
4. What would happen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
(a) Men who lusted for power and money would not run for office.
(b) Men who needed money would be liable to be influenced by special interests.
(c) Legislators would have to have wealthy patrons.
(d) The government would consist solely of landed gentry.
5. How would government service be seen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
(a) As a duty.
(b) As a stepping stone.
(c) As an entitlement.
(d) As a privilege.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Americans and Britons discussing a great deal during the 1770s?
2. What did delegates debate on June 6?
3. What were Americans concluding by the 1780s?
4. What did George Mason argue in the debate of June 4?
5. What was the objection to constitutional monarchy at the constitutional convention?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)