|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which form of government includes direct voting by the people?
(b) Constitutional monarchy.
(c) Representative democracy.
2. Who proposed that government officers not receive salaries?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Alexander Hamilton.
(d) James Madison.
3. Which bodies were the delegates considering as electors of Representatives in the House?
(a) The people or state legislatures.
(b) State legislatures or the national senate.
(c) Special committees or state legislatures.
(d) Property owners or free men.
4. Why did delegates argue that Senators should be elected in state legislatures?
(a) The government would be composed of professional politicians.
(b) The states would therefore have an interest in preserving the federal government.
(c) The House of Representatives would be counter-balanced.
(d) The state legislatures would thereby gain power against the federal government.
5. What did James Madison support?
(a) A system of checks and balances.
(b) A government of businesses.
(c) A strong federal government.
(d) Strong state governments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which form of government includes a king whose powers are limited by a statement of the laws?
2. What did Madison and Jefferson want to do about judges?
3. What thoughts did Mr. Madison express on the topic of elections during debate at the convention?
4. How would government service be seen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
5. What did Madison say the country needed, in his letter to George Washington?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)