|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mr. Mason propose in his arguments of June 4?
(a) That there be an executive for each region.
(b) That the executive be chosen in popular elections.
(c) That the executive be appointed by Congress.
(d) That there be two executives, like Roman consuls.
2. What opinion bolstered Mr. Sherman's view about where election should take place?
(a) He believed that small states needed equal representation.
(b) He believed in a strong democracy.
(c) He believed that the populace could be misled.
(d) He believed that people could be trusted with self-governance.
3. What did the Virginia Plan propose to do to the Articles?
(a) Extend their authority for another ten years.
(b) Fix their flaws.
(c) Discard them.
(d) Ratify them in Virginia.
4. What were Americans and Britons discussing a great deal during the 1770s?
(a) Political thought and theory.
(b) Warfare against the French.
(c) Warfare against the Native Americans.
(d) The Massachusetts charter.
5. What reason did delegates give for Senators being elected in state legislatures?
(a) They would therefore be essentially promoted from within.
(b) They would therefore be men of character.
(c) They would have the contacts they needed within the state.
(d) They would already know the laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. What power was missing from the Articles?
2. Delegates were trying to strike a balance in their decision about electing representatives for the House between what?
3. What thoughts did Mr. Wilson express at the convention?
4. What did Madison stress in his letter to George Washington?
5. Who proposed that government officers not receive salaries?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)