|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason did delegates give for Senators being elected in state legislatures?
(a) They would therefore be essentially promoted from within.
(b) They would already know the laws.
(c) They would therefore be men of character.
(d) They would have the contacts they needed within the state.
2. What did Edmund Randolph present to the delegates?
(a) Articles of Confederation.
(b) The New Jersey Plan.
(c) The Virginia Plan.
(d) The Great Compromise.
3. What was the dominant fear about the executive?
(a) The power to appoint judges.
(b) The power to regulate trade.
(c) The power to impose taxes.
(d) The power to go to war.
4. What did George Mason say he feared, in his argument on June 4?
(a) That government will degenerate into monarchy.
(b) That government will not have enough funding.
(c) That government will degenerate into mob rule.
(d) That government will degenerate into a tool of businesses.
5. What reason did Mr. Mason give for the view he presented at the convention?
(a) The populace needed power but they also needed to be checked.
(b) Democracy was dangerous for a country without precedents.
(c) Representation should be the one fully democratic part of government.
(d) The people could not be trusted to govern themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Madison stress in his letter to George Washington?
2. What did Madison and Jefferson want to do about judges?
3. What would happen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
4. What did George Mason argue in the debate of June 4?
5. What did the Southern economy rely on at the time of the constitutional convention?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)