|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: The Federal Convention of 1787, Chapter 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mr. Sherman say election should take place?
(a) Among sitting representatives.
(b) In the state legislatures.
(c) In the popular polls.
(d) In the Electoral College.
2. What did Madison and Jefferson feel about Virginia?
(a) That the executive was too weak.
(b) That the taxation rates were too low.
(c) That democracy restricted the leaders.
(d) That international trade would solve its budget problems.
3. What were Americans and Britons discussing a great deal during the 1770s?
(a) The Massachusetts charter.
(b) Political thought and theory.
(c) Warfare against the Native Americans.
(d) Warfare against the French.
4. What did Edmund Randolph present to the delegates?
(a) The Virginia Plan.
(b) The Great Compromise.
(c) The New Jersey Plan.
(d) Articles of Confederation.
5. How many branches of government did Mr. Madison propose be elected?
(b) At least one.
(c) He proposed that all government positions should be elected.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position did "Publius" advocate?
2. What was the objection to democracy at the constitutional convention?
3. What were the delegates debating in Chapter 3?
4. What did Madison stress in his letter to George Washington?
5. What kind of political thought was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)