|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: The Federal Convention of 1787, Chapter 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of political thought was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
(a) Aristocratic political thought.
(b) Conservative political thought.
(c) Radical political thought.
(d) Practical political thought.
2. What thoughts did Mr. Wilson express at the convention?
(a) Popular election will debase public discourse.
(b) Popular election will lead to a tyranny of the masses.
(c) Popular election will give people confidence in the government.
(d) Popular election will allow the people to mislead each other.
3. What power was missing from the Articles?
(a) Executive power.
(b) The power to conduct war.
(c) The power to amend the Articles.
(d) The power to regulate foreign trade.
4. What did Mr. Mason support at the convention?
(a) Appointment by the President.
(b) Election of Senators by Senators.
(c) Election by state legislatures.
(d) Election by the people.
5. How many branches of government did Mr. Madison propose be elected?
(a) At least one.
(b) He proposed that all government positions should be elected.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which form of government includes direct voting by the people?
2. What was the objection to democracy at the constitutional convention?
3. What did all the delegates at the federal convention agree on?
4. What did Madison say the country needed, in his letter to George Washington?
5. What did Madison and Jefferson want to do about judges?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)