|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: The Federal Convention of 1787, Chapter 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mr. Sherman say election should take place?
(a) In the popular polls.
(b) Among sitting representatives.
(c) In the state legislatures.
(d) In the Electoral College.
2. Which form of government includes a representative government without hereditary privilege?
(a) Constitutional monarchy.
(b) Representative democracy.
3. What power was missing from the Articles?
(a) The power to amend the Articles.
(b) The power to regulate foreign trade.
(c) Executive power.
(d) The power to conduct war.
4. What opinion bolstered Mr. Sherman's view about where election should take place?
(a) He believed that the populace could be misled.
(b) He believed in a strong democracy.
(c) He believed that people could be trusted with self-governance.
(d) He believed that small states needed equal representation.
5. What position did "Publius" advocate?
(a) Arguing against ratification of the Constitution.
(b) Attacking the new Constitution.
(c) Proposing an alternative to the Constitution.
(d) Defending the new Constitution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Great Compromise?
2. What thoughts did Mr. Wilson express at the convention?
3. What did Madison argue for in his letter to George Washington?
4. Which form of government includes direct voting by the people?
5. What kind of political thought was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)