|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: The Federal Convention of 1787, Chapter 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position did "Publius" advocate?
(a) Attacking the new Constitution.
(b) Proposing an alternative to the Constitution.
(c) Arguing against ratification of the Constitution.
(d) Defending the new Constitution.
2. Which form of government includes direct voting by the people?
(b) Constitutional monarchy.
(d) Representative democracy.
3. What was the objection to constitutional monarchy at the constitutional convention?
(a) The threat of tyranny of the masses.
(b) The threat of mob rule.
(c) The possibility of a runaway executive.
(d) The Americans' distaste following the war.
4. Where did Mr. Gerry think the country's current troubles came from?
(a) Too much foreign influence.
(b) Too much democracy.
(c) Too little representation in government.
(d) Too little religion.
5. What was cut out when the Constitutional Convention doted down part of the Virginia Plan?
(a) Congress's ability to impose state taxes.
(b) Congress's ability to declare war.
(c) Congress's ability to regulate interstate trade.
(d) Congress's ability to vote down state laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. What thoughts did Mr. Madison express on the topic of elections during debate at the convention?
2. Who wrote the introduction to this edition of "The Anti-Federalist Papers"?
3. What power was missing from the Articles?
4. What were Americans and Britons discussing a great deal during the 1770s?
5. What were the delegates debating in Chapter 3?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)