|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: The Federal Convention of 1787, Chapter 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did all the delegates at the federal convention agree on?
(a) The importance of a strong central government.
(b) Government by consent.
(c) Laissez-faire economic policy.
(d) The rights of a king.
2. What did the Virginia Plan propose to do to the Articles?
(a) Discard them.
(b) Extend their authority for another ten years.
(c) Fix their flaws.
(d) Ratify them in Virginia.
3. What was cut out when the Constitutional Convention doted down part of the Virginia Plan?
(a) Congress's ability to declare war.
(b) Congress's ability to vote down state laws.
(c) Congress's ability to impose state taxes.
(d) Congress's ability to regulate interstate trade.
4. Which form of government includes a king whose powers are limited by a statement of the laws?
(b) Representative democracy.
(d) Constitutional monarchy.
5. What was the Great Compromise?
(a) Bring Texas into the union as a slave state, and Missouri as free.
(b) A bicameral legislature.
(c) The creation of the Electoral College.
(d) Appoint judges for life, but allow them to be impeached.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many branches of government did Mr. Madison propose be elected?
2. Which form of government includes direct voting by the people?
3. What were the delegates debating in Chapter 3?
4. What was the objection to constitutional monarchy at the constitutional convention?
5. What opinion bolstered Mr. Sherman's view about where election should take place?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)