|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: The Federal Convention of 1787, Chapter 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Virginia Plan propose to do to the Articles?
(a) Extend their authority for another ten years.
(b) Discard them.
(c) Fix their flaws.
(d) Ratify them in Virginia.
2. How many branches of government did Mr. Madison propose be elected?
(b) He proposed that all government positions should be elected.
(c) At least one.
3. How did the South want the Constitution to regulate trade?
(a) The South wanted the Constitution to let Congress set tariffs with a simple majority vote.
(b) The South wanted the Constitution to keep Congress from restricting trade.
(c) The South wanted the Constitution not to regulate trade at all.
(d) The South wanted the Constitution to keep tariffs low indefinitely.
4. What did Madison stress in his letter to George Washington?
(a) The need for representation by state and region.
(b) The need for restraints on popular sentiment.
(c) The need for high taxes to pay for federal army and government.
(d) The need for representation by population.
5. What did Madison say the country needed, in his letter to George Washington?
(a) A charismatic leader.
(b) A dispassionate umpire.
(c) A central coordinating committee.
(d) Short presidential terms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mr. Mason support at the convention?
2. Which form of government includes a king whose powers are limited by a statement of the laws?
3. What were the delegates debating in Chapter 3?
4. What did Randolph argue at the convention?
5. What were Americans and Britons discussing a great deal during the 1770s?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)