|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: The Federal Convention of 1787, Chapter 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theory was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
(a) The theory of evolution.
(b) The theory of institutional design.
(c) The theory of free trade and open markets.
(d) The theory of intelligent design.
2. What was cut out when the Constitutional Convention doted down part of the Virginia Plan?
(a) Congress's ability to regulate interstate trade.
(b) Congress's ability to declare war.
(c) Congress's ability to vote down state laws.
(d) Congress's ability to impose state taxes.
3. What were the delegates debating in Chapter 3?
(a) The election of the President.
(b) The election of the House of Representatives.
(c) The appointment of judges.
(d) The election of Senators.
4. What power was missing from the Articles?
(a) The power to conduct war.
(b) The power to amend the Articles.
(c) Executive power.
(d) The power to regulate foreign trade.
5. What was the dominant fear about the executive?
(a) The power to impose taxes.
(b) The power to regulate trade.
(c) The power to appoint judges.
(d) The power to go to war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Virginia Plan propose to do to the Articles?
2. What did Madison stress in his letter to George Washington?
3. What was the objection to democracy at the constitutional convention?
4. Which form of government includes a king whose powers are limited by a statement of the laws?
5. How many branches of government did Mr. Madison propose be elected?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)