|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: The Federal Convention of 1787, Chapter 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Southern economy rely on at the time of the constitutional convention?
(b) State-to-state trade.
2. What kind of political thought was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
(a) Radical political thought.
(b) Conservative political thought.
(c) Practical political thought.
(d) Aristocratic political thought.
3. Which form of government includes a king whose powers are limited by a statement of the laws?
(a) Constitutional monarchy.
(d) Representative democracy.
4. What did Randolph argue at the convention?
(a) That the Constitution would need to stress diplomacy with foreign nations.
(b) That the government needs to be strong to serve its purposes.
(c) That the Articles of Confederation were sufficient.
(d) That the states should be trusted with managing their own affairs.
5. Who wrote the introduction to this edition of "The Anti-Federalist Papers"?
(a) Ralph Ketcham.
(b) James Madison.
(c) Alexander Hamilton.
(d) Sacvan Bercovitch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Americans concluding by the 1780s?
2. Where did Mr. Sherman say election should take place?
3. What did Mr. Mason support at the convention?
4. What did Edmund Randolph present to the delegates?
5. What reason did Mr. Mason give for the view he presented at the convention?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)