|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What compromise did the Northeast states reach with Georgia and South Carolina over slavery?
(a) New England would not restrict slavery if the southern states will not require 2/3 majority to pass commercial restrictions.
(b) That northern states will not regulate slavery for fifty years, if southern states will abolish it themselves in that time.
(c) That northern states will legalize slavery if southern states will prohibit importation of slaves.
(d) Northern states will regulate slavery if southern states will have lower tariffs on exported raw materials.
2. What was the objection to constitutional monarchy at the constitutional convention?
(a) The Americans' distaste following the war.
(b) The threat of mob rule.
(c) The threat of tyranny of the masses.
(d) The possibility of a runaway executive.
3. What kind of political thought was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
(a) Radical political thought.
(b) Practical political thought.
(c) Aristocratic political thought.
(d) Conservative political thought.
4. What did the draft of the Constitution contain concerning slavery?
(a) The draft outlawed the domestic slave trade.
(b) The draft prevented a tax or prohibition on slavery.
(c) The draft did not mention slavery explicitly.
(d) The draft outlawed the importation of slaves.
5. What did Madison and Jefferson want to do about judges?
(a) Review their judgments in the Congress.
(b) Subject them to elections.
(c) Protect them from popular politics.
(d) Allow them independence in their rulings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must the government use its power to protect the people from, in James Madison's opinion?
2. How much of the Virginia Plan was accepted?
3. What were opponents of the resolution that was ultimately adopted afraid of?
4. What threat did Mr. Pinckney make if Congress has power to restrict the slave trade?
5. Which form of government includes a representative government without hereditary privilege?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)