|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gouverneur Morris advocate about executive veto power?
(a) He said that the executive should have absolute veto.
(b) He said that the executive veto itself should be able to be overridden.
(c) He said that the executive should have veto power over the legislature, but not the judiciary.
(d) He said that the executive should not have a veto.
2. What did Madison advocate concerning the election or appointment of the executive?
(a) Election by Congress would hurt the public interest.
(b) Election by the people would hurt the public interest.
(c) Appointment by the Supreme Court would be best.
(d) Appointment by an electoral college would be best.
3. What was James Madison's feeling about the compromise?
(a) He felt that the convention was sacrificing federalism to distributed power.
(b) He felt that the convention was sacrificing justice for the small states.
(c) He felt that the convention was striking the right balance.
(d) He felt that the convention was sacrificing large states to small states.
4. What kind of representation did James Madison advocate?
(a) Representation by revenue.
(b) Representation by person.
(c) Representation by state.
(d) Representation by state size.
5. What did James Madison support?
(a) A strong federal government.
(b) Strong state governments.
(c) A government of businesses.
(d) A system of checks and balances.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Benjamin Franklin interpret the symbol on the President's chair?
2. What did Rhode Island propose in its ratification process?
3. What did Benjamin Franklin say about supporters of the residency requirement for citizenship?
4. What position was James Wilson asked to take in the Constitutional debate?
5. What was Mr. Mason's fear regarding the House of Representatives?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)