|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Alexander Hamilton propose in his speech?
(a) An executive-for-life.
(b) A Supreme Court.
(c) A standing army.
(d) Regulation of slavery.
2. What did delegates oppose in the Virginia Plan?
(a) Giving populous states too much influence.
(b) Giving the states too much independence.
(c) Increasing the federal government's power.
(d) Isolating America in the international community.
3. What threat did Mr. Pinckney make if Congress has power to restrict the slave trade?
(a) To withhold ratification.
(b) To march on Washington.
(c) To secede.
(d) To filibuster.
4. How many delegates signed the Constitution?
(a) All but thirteen.
(b) All of them.
(c) All but twenty-three.
(d) All but three.
5. What was Mr. Gerry's fear regarding the ratification of the Constitution?
(a) He feared that Congress did not have enough power to check the executive.
(b) He feared that his constituents would not ratify the draft.
(c) He feared that the states were not equally represented.
(d) He feared that Senators' terms are too long.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did James Wilson address the absence of a Bill of Rights?
2. What did the Southern economy rely on at the time of the constitutional convention?
3. What did the New Jersey Plan allow the federal government to do?
4. Where on the political spectrum were Alexander Hamilton's opinions?
5. What powers did Mr. Mason argue the Congress should not have?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)