|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How extensive were the changes the delegates made to the first draft of the Constitution?
(a) Revisions gave the Congress veto power over presidential appointments.
(b) The draft was almost entirely rewritten.
(c) Not extensive at all.
(d) Revisions separated the branches of government.
2. What imbalance gave James Madison cause for worry about ratification in the states?
(a) The disparity between national and state interests.
(b) The disparity between landowners and laborers.
(c) The disparity between Northern and Southern state interests.
(d) The disparity between East Coast states and frontier territories.
3. What did delegates debate on June 6?
(a) How to appoint judges.
(b) How to declare war.
(c) How to limit the executive's power.
(d) How to elect members of the House.
4. Which constituents did Dr. Johnson want to placate with the plan he advocated?
(a) The upper classes.
(b) Small states.
(d) Foreign diplomats.
5. Why did delegates argue for a judicial veto power?
(a) To prevent bad executive judgment.
(b) To protect small states.
(c) To prevent corruption.
(d) To correct bad laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did "Centinel" argue on the danger of a centralized government?
2. What compromise did this body propose, between the Virginia Plan and the New Jersey Plan?
3. What did delegates suggest would happen if state legislatures chose Representatives for the House?
4. What did Alexander Hamilton want to protect the executive from?
5. What was the Great Compromise?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)