|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Benjamin Franklin advocate in a speech?
(a) Sending the Constitution back to committee.
(b) Signing the Constitution.
(c) Sending the Constitution to the states for ratification.
(d) Revising the Constitution one more time.
2. What did delegates debate on June 6?
(a) How to declare war.
(b) How to appoint judges.
(c) How to elect members of the House.
(d) How to limit the executive's power.
3. What did the delegates argue concerning the question of whether the judiciary should be associated with the executive?
(a) That the separation of powers would foster isolationism.
(b) That the executive and judiciary should be allied.
(c) That the judiciary should be a sub-function of the legislature.
(d) That the executive alone should choose judges.
4. What was cut out when the Constitutional Convention doted down part of the Virginia Plan?
(a) Congress's ability to regulate interstate trade.
(b) Congress's ability to impose state taxes.
(c) Congress's ability to vote down state laws.
(d) Congress's ability to declare war.
5. What did Alexander Hamilton propose in his speech?
(a) A Supreme Court.
(b) Regulation of slavery.
(c) An executive-for-life.
(d) A standing army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the current residency requirement for citizenship?
2. What did Edmund Randolph present to the delegates?
3. What was DeWitt arguing against in his essays?
4. What was the Great Compromise?
5. What did Mr. Paterson argue about the New Jersey Plan?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)