|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the objection to democracy at the constitutional convention?
(a) The threat of mob rule.
(b) The threat of concentrated executive power.
(c) The danger of foreign influence.
(d) The problems with devising a scheme of representation.
2. What reason did Alexander Hamilton give for ratification of the Constitution?
(a) Good government needs to be deliberative.
(b) Good government cannot compete with subordinate governments.
(c) Good government needs to be energetic.
(d) Good government needs to be representative.
3. What threat did Mr. Pinckney make if Congress has power to restrict the slave trade?
(a) To withhold ratification.
(b) To filibuster.
(c) To secede.
(d) To march on Washington.
4. What did the Virginia Plan propose to do to the Articles?
(a) Extend their authority for another ten years.
(b) Ratify them in Virginia.
(c) Fix their flaws.
(d) Discard them.
5. What was cut out when the Constitutional Convention doted down part of the Virginia Plan?
(a) Congress's ability to regulate interstate trade.
(b) Congress's ability to declare war.
(c) Congress's ability to impose state taxes.
(d) Congress's ability to vote down state laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dr. Johnson advocate during the debate over federal power?
2. What must the government use its power to protect the people from, in James Madison's opinion?
3. How much of the Virginia Plan was accepted?
4. What did "Publius" argue regarding the fear of a centralized government?
5. Which constituents did Dr. Johnson want to placate with the plan he advocated?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)