|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What complaints were lodged against the proposal to elect Senators in state legislatures?
(a) It would dissipate federal power among the states.
(b) It would create a plutocracy.
(c) It would over-represent the small states.
(d) It would give too much power to large states.
2. Where do delegates think that authority needs to originate in order to be legitimate?
(a) The merchants.
(b) The landowners.
(c) The people.
(d) The poor.
3. What method of ratification did Mason and Madison advocate?
(a) Ratification by state legislature.
(b) Ratification by straw poll.
(c) Ratification national referendum.
(d) Ratification by special conventions in each state.
4. What reason did delegates give for Senators being elected in state legislatures?
(a) They would have the contacts they needed within the state.
(b) They would therefore be essentially promoted from within.
(c) They would already know the laws.
(d) They would therefore be men of character.
5. What reason did Alexander Hamilton give for ratification of the Constitution?
(a) Good government needs to be representative.
(b) Good government needs to be energetic.
(c) Good government cannot compete with subordinate governments.
(d) Good government needs to be deliberative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did George Mason say he feared, in his argument on June 4?
2. How much of the Virginia Plan was accepted?
3. Which bodies were the delegates considering as electors of Representatives in the House?
4. What did James Madison worry about concerning ratification in the states?
5. What happened to the motion not to give government officers salaries?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)