|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where else did the question of proposing limitations arise, besides the debate over suffrage?
(a) Qualifications for owning property.
(b) Qualifications for traveling abroad.
(c) Qualifications for holding office.
(d) Requirements for serving in the military.
2. What was the original proposal for the residency requirement for citizenship?
(a) 7 years residence.
(b) 2 years residence.
(c) 14 years residence.
(d) American birth.
3. What did the delegates debate concerning state laws?
(a) Whether the states could allow the death penalty.
(b) Whether state laws could govern inter-state trade.
(c) Whether the federal government could control state laws.
(d) Whether state laws could set precedent for federal laws.
4. Why did Mr. Wilson prefer the New Jersey Plan?
(a) Because it provided for a standing army.
(b) Because it centralized power in the executive.
(c) Because it protected America from European influence.
(d) Because it provided multiple legislative houses.
5. What did the delegates argue concerning the question of whether the judiciary should be able to veto legislation?
(a) That the judiciary would become the most powerful branch of government.
(b) That the judiciary would thereby acquire legislative power.
(c) That the executive would be rendered powerless.
(d) That the executive would thereby attain control over the legislature through the judiciary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was cut out when the Constitutional Convention doted down part of the Virginia Plan?
2. Where did Mr. Gerry think the country's current troubles came from?
3. What power was missing from the Articles?
4. Who was DeWitt in reality?
5. What is the current residency requirement for citizenship?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)