|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason did delegates give for Senators being elected in state legislatures?
(a) They would therefore be men of character.
(b) They would have the contacts they needed within the state.
(c) They would therefore be essentially promoted from within.
(d) They would already know the laws.
2. What were Americans and Britons discussing a great deal during the 1770s?
(a) The Massachusetts charter.
(b) Political thought and theory.
(c) Warfare against the French.
(d) Warfare against the Native Americans.
3. What were Americans concluding by the 1780s?
(a) That the federal executive was too weak.
(b) That representation could have been earned without warfare.
(c) That there was too much power in the federal government.
(d) That mercantile colonialism had been a working model before the revolution.
4. What were supporters of the residency requirement for citizenship afraid of?
(a) They were afraid that the states would be able to suppress immigrant votes.
(b) They were afraid that immigrants would send too much money back to their homelands.
(c) They were afraid that uneducated people would vote in large numbers.
(d) They were afraid that the national interest would be subverted by foreigners.
5. What imbalance gave James Madison cause for worry about ratification in the states?
(a) The disparity between Northern and Southern state interests.
(b) The disparity between landowners and laborers.
(c) The disparity between national and state interests.
(d) The disparity between East Coast states and frontier territories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did James Wilson argue concerning the question of taxation?
2. What did James Wilson argue regarding the abolition of trial by jury at the federal level?
3. Which party did James Wilson belong to?
4. What method of ratification did Oliver Ellsworth advocate?
5. What did Patrick Henry say was the end of government?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)