|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What threat did Mr. Pinckney make if Congress has power to restrict the slave trade?
(a) To secede.
(b) To march on Washington.
(c) To filibuster.
(d) To withhold ratification.
2. Delegates were trying to strike a balance in their decision about electing representatives for the House between what?
(a) Between federal and state power.
(b) Between East coast and southern power.
(c) Between American and foreign power.
(d) Between ideals and practical applications.
3. What did delegates oppose in the Virginia Plan?
(a) Giving populous states too much influence.
(b) Giving the states too much independence.
(c) Increasing the federal government's power.
(d) Isolating America in the international community.
4. What does James Madison argue on the question of suffrage?
(a) He thought that suffrage restrictions were a step toward monarchy.
(b) He thought that universal suffrage should triumph.
(c) He thought that suffrage restrictions were regrettable but necessary.
(d) He thought that universal suffrage would ruin the government.
5. Where did Mr. Sherman say election should take place?
(a) In the Electoral College.
(b) In the popular polls.
(c) Among sitting representatives.
(d) In the state legislatures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Great Compromise?
2. How did the South want the Constitution to regulate trade?
3. What did Rhode Island propose to ban?
4. What theory was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
5. What did Alexander Hamilton want to protect the executive from?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)