|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the vote tally when the Pennsylvania Convention voted on the Constitution?
2. What did Mr. Williamson advocate for the term length on the election or appointment of the executive?
(a) Seven year terms for the executive, with a chance of reelection
(b) Lifetime appointments for the executive.
(c) Four year terms for the executive, with a chance of reelection.
(d) Seven year terms for the executive, without reelection.
3. What did James Madison argue with relation to the New Jersey Plan?
(a) It cannot support itself with tax revenue.
(b) It cannot settle arguments between the states.
(c) It will not protect small states from bigger states.
(d) It will give too much power to small states.
4. What did Benjamin Franklin advocate in a speech?
(a) Signing the Constitution.
(b) Revising the Constitution one more time.
(c) Sending the Constitution back to committee.
(d) Sending the Constitution to the states for ratification.
5. What would happen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
(a) Legislators would have to have wealthy patrons.
(b) Men who needed money would be liable to be influenced by special interests.
(c) Men who lusted for power and money would not run for office.
(d) The government would consist solely of landed gentry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did James Madison argue during the argument over representation by person or by state?
2. What did William Paterson offer the convention?
3. Where else did the question of proposing limitations arise, besides the debate over suffrage?
4. Why did many delegates support one resolution to this question?
5. What did Alexander Hamilton propose in his speech?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)