|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rhode Island propose to ban?
(a) Standing armies in peacetime.
(b) Political contributions from businesses.
(c) Checks and balances.
(d) Restrictions on inter-state trade.
2. What threat did Mr. Pinckney make if Congress has power to restrict the slave trade?
(a) To march on Washington.
(b) To filibuster.
(c) To withhold ratification.
(d) To secede.
3. What did Rhode Island propose in its ratification process?
(a) To give the states the right to appoint politicians.
(b) To expand the government's ability to tax.
(c) To give the people the right to bear arms.
(d) To give the people freedom of speech.
4. What thoughts did Mr. Wilson express at the convention?
(a) Popular election will allow the people to mislead each other.
(b) Popular election will debase public discourse.
(c) Popular election will lead to a tyranny of the masses.
(d) Popular election will give people confidence in the government.
5. What was Mr. Wilson's feeling about the compromise?
(a) He felt that elections were not accurate indications of the country's needs.
(b) He felt that popular participation would weaken government.
(c) He felt that appointed leaders were better suited for the work of governing.
(d) He felt that majority rule alone could legitimize government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Virginia Plan propose to do to the Articles?
2. Which constituents did Dr. Johnson want to placate with the plan he advocated?
3. How many delegates signed the Constitution?
4. Which committee recommendation did not make it into the Constitution?
5. What did George Mason say he feared, in his argument on June 4?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)