|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbol did Benjamin Franklin remark on, on the President's chair?
(a) An ocean and a ship.
(b) A pine tree.
(c) An eagle on the seat.
(d) A sun painted on the back.
2. What plan did James Madison favor?
(a) A diplomatic plan.
(b) An isolationist plan.
(c) A state-centric plan.
(d) A federal plan.
3. What was the benefit of adopting the resolution that was ultimately adopted?
(a) It weakened the Articles of Confederation and gave the states more power.
(b) It resolved decades of inter-state tension.
(c) It allowed the federal government to be effective.
(d) It created a need for a lot of inter-state lawsuits.
4. Where did Mr. Gerry think the country's current troubles came from?
(a) Too much democracy.
(b) Too much foreign influence.
(c) Too little religion.
(d) Too little representation in government.
5. What was the objection to democracy at the constitutional convention?
(a) The problems with devising a scheme of representation.
(b) The threat of mob rule.
(c) The threat of concentrated executive power.
(d) The danger of foreign influence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the delegates' intentions when they argued for election of Senators from state legislatures?
2. What reason did delegates give for Senators being elected in state legislatures?
3. How would government service be seen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
4. What did delegates suggest would happen if state legislatures chose Representatives for the House?
5. What was the Pennsylvania dissenters' primary objection to the Constitution?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)