|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plan did James Madison favor?
(a) An isolationist plan.
(b) A federal plan.
(c) A diplomatic plan.
(d) A state-centric plan.
2. What did James Madison worry about concerning ratification in the states?
(a) The federal government would be powerless without unanimous ratification.
(b) The states could hold the federal government hostage with no votes.
(c) The states might not act in the national interest.
(d) The states could sink the ratification process.
3. What position was James Wilson asked to take in the Constitutional debate?
(a) He was asked to attack opponents of the Constitution.
(b) He was asked to defend the Constitution.
(c) He was asked to promote revisions of the Constitution.
(d) He was asked to argue for additions to the Constitution.
4. What was Mr. Mason's fear regarding the House of Representatives?
(a) He feared that it would be run by illiterate farmers.
(b) He feared that it did not have enough power to combat the executive.
(c) He feared that it was not truly representative.
(d) He feared that it would not be able to compete with the Senate.
5. Which form of government includes a king whose powers are limited by a statement of the laws?
(b) Constitutional monarchy.
(d) Representative democracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What compromise did Mr. Gerry want to reject regarding the ratification of the Constitution?
2. What was the Pennsylvania dissenters' primary objection to the Constitution?
3. What did Benjamin Franklin say about supporters of the residency requirement for citizenship?
4. What did all the delegates at the federal convention agree on?
5. What fear kept the delegates from approving the Constitution draft and going home?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)