|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What compromise did Mr. Gerry want to reject regarding the ratification of the Constitution?
(a) The Great Compromise.
(b) The Missouri Compromise.
(c) The compromise over slavery.
(d) The three-fifths compromise.
2. What were supporters of the residency requirement for citizenship afraid of?
(a) They were afraid that uneducated people would vote in large numbers.
(b) They were afraid that the states would be able to suppress immigrant votes.
(c) They were afraid that immigrants would send too much money back to their homelands.
(d) They were afraid that the national interest would be subverted by foreigners.
3. What kind of rulers did James Madison believe the country needed?
(a) Wise, virtuous individuals.
(b) Old world aristocrats.
(c) Leaders with frontier experience.
(d) Innocent, smart individuals.
4. What did Patrick Henry say was the end of government?
5. What was Mr. Gerry's fear regarding the ratification of the Constitution?
(a) He feared that the states were not equally represented.
(b) He feared that his constituents would not ratify the draft.
(c) He feared that Senators' terms are too long.
(d) He feared that Congress did not have enough power to check the executive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alexander Hamilton propose in his speech?
2. What did the delegates argue concerning the question of whether the judiciary should be associated with the executive?
3. What did the Pennsylvania dissenters recommend to the Constitutional Convention?
4. What did the delegates argue concerning the question of whether the judiciary should be able to veto legislation?
5. How did the New Jersey Plan resolve the question of the relationship of state laws to federal laws?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)