|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the draft of the Constitution contain concerning slavery?
(a) The draft prevented a tax or prohibition on slavery.
(b) The draft outlawed the domestic slave trade.
(c) The draft outlawed the importation of slaves.
(d) The draft did not mention slavery explicitly.
2. What would happen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
(a) Men who needed money would be liable to be influenced by special interests.
(b) Men who lusted for power and money would not run for office.
(c) The government would consist solely of landed gentry.
(d) Legislators would have to have wealthy patrons.
3. Where did James Madison argue government legitimacy came from?
(a) Consent of the governed.
(b) The righteousness of laws.
(c) The power of the government.
(d) The political process itself.
4. Which form of government includes direct voting by the people?
(a) Representative democracy.
(b) Constitutional monarchy.
5. What did Alexander Hamilton want to protect the executive from?
(a) Foreign influence.
(c) Popular sentiment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mr. Wilson prefer the New Jersey Plan?
2. Which constituents did Dr. Johnson want to placate with the plan he advocated?
3. What reason did Alexander Hamilton give for ratification of the Constitution?
4. What did James Madison argue during the argument over representation by person or by state?
5. What did Dr. Johnson advocate during the debate over federal power?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)