|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would government service be seen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
(a) As a stepping stone.
(b) As a privilege.
(c) As an entitlement.
(d) As a duty.
2. What thoughts did Mr. Madison express on the topic of elections during debate at the convention?
(a) He said that elections are too important to trust to the people.
(b) He said that elections are essential for free government.
(c) He said that elections are a step in dissolving government.
(d) He said that elections could be bought too easily to be trusted.
3. Why did Mr. Wilson prefer the New Jersey Plan?
(a) Because it centralized power in the executive.
(b) Because it provided multiple legislative houses.
(c) Because it protected America from European influence.
(d) Because it provided for a standing army.
4. What did all the delegates at the federal convention agree on?
(a) The rights of a king.
(b) The importance of a strong central government.
(c) Laissez-faire economic policy.
(d) Government by consent.
5. Which bodies were the delegates considering as electors of Representatives in the House?
(a) Property owners or free men.
(b) State legislatures or the national senate.
(c) Special committees or state legislatures.
(d) The people or state legislatures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mr. Gerry think the country's current troubles came from?
2. What did Alexander Hamilton want to protect the executive from?
3. What happened to the motion not to give government officers salaries?
4. What did delegates debate on June 6?
5. Why did delegates argue that Senators should be elected in state legislatures?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)