|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was cut out when the Constitutional Convention doted down part of the Virginia Plan?
(a) Congress's ability to impose state taxes.
(b) Congress's ability to regulate interstate trade.
(c) Congress's ability to declare war.
(d) Congress's ability to vote down state laws.
2. What did delegates debate on June 6?
(a) How to limit the executive's power.
(b) How to elect members of the House.
(c) How to appoint judges.
(d) How to declare war.
3. Which bodies were the delegates considering as electors of Representatives in the House?
(a) Property owners or free men.
(b) Special committees or state legislatures.
(c) State legislatures or the national senate.
(d) The people or state legislatures.
4. What was the benefit of adopting the resolution that was ultimately adopted?
(a) It allowed the federal government to be effective.
(b) It resolved decades of inter-state tension.
(c) It created a need for a lot of inter-state lawsuits.
(d) It weakened the Articles of Confederation and gave the states more power.
5. Delegates were trying to strike a balance in their decision about electing representatives for the House between what?
(a) Between American and foreign power.
(b) Between East coast and southern power.
(c) Between federal and state power.
(d) Between ideals and practical applications.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the introduction to this edition of "The Anti-Federalist Papers"?
2. What theory was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
3. What would happen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
4. What did the delegates debate concerning state laws?
5. What did delegates suggest would happen if state legislatures chose Representatives for the House?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)