|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the introduction to this edition of "The Anti-Federalist Papers"?
(a) James Madison.
(b) Alexander Hamilton.
(c) Sacvan Bercovitch.
(d) Ralph Ketcham.
2. What did James Madison support?
(a) A strong federal government.
(b) Strong state governments.
(c) A system of checks and balances.
(d) A government of businesses.
3. Alexander Hamilton gave a speech that expressed what value?
(a) The value of low tariffs.
(b) The value of independent states.
(c) The value of abolishing slavery.
(d) The value of a strong federal government.
4. What was the Great Compromise?
(a) A bicameral legislature.
(b) Appoint judges for life, but allow them to be impeached.
(c) Bring Texas into the union as a slave state, and Missouri as free.
(d) The creation of the Electoral College.
5. Why did many delegates support one resolution to this question?
(a) To limit the independence of the federal government.
(b) To avoid dissension.
(c) To reduce the federal government's power.
(d) To cater to the states' needs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the delegates debate concerning state laws?
2. What did Edmund Randolph present to the delegates?
3. What would happen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
4. What did William Paterson offer the convention?
5. What did delegates debate on June 6?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)