|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Randolph argue at the convention?
(a) That the Articles of Confederation were sufficient.
(b) That the states should be trusted with managing their own affairs.
(c) That the Constitution would need to stress diplomacy with foreign nations.
(d) That the government needs to be strong to serve its purposes.
2. What reason did delegates give for Senators being elected in state legislatures?
(a) They would already know the laws.
(b) They would therefore be men of character.
(c) They would have the contacts they needed within the state.
(d) They would therefore be essentially promoted from within.
3. What did all the delegates at the federal convention agree on?
(a) The importance of a strong central government.
(b) The rights of a king.
(c) Government by consent.
(d) Laissez-faire economic policy.
4. What theory was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
(a) The theory of evolution.
(b) The theory of intelligent design.
(c) The theory of institutional design.
(d) The theory of free trade and open markets.
5. What subject were the delegates debating in Chapter 6?
(a) Whether the executive should be singular or plural.
(b) Who should be eligible to vote in elections.
(c) Whether government officers should receive pay.
(d) Whether the federal government should oversee state laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mr. Gerry think the country's current troubles came from?
2. What kind of political thought was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
3. What were the delegates debating in Chapter 3?
4. What happened to the motion not to give government officers salaries?
5. What did William Paterson offer the convention?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)