|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Madison stress in his letter to George Washington?
(a) The need for restraints on popular sentiment.
(b) The need for high taxes to pay for federal army and government.
(c) The need for representation by state and region.
(d) The need for representation by population.
2. Where on the political spectrum were Alexander Hamilton's opinions?
(a) Closer to democracy than republicanism.
(b) Closer to republicanism than democracy.
(c) Closer to anarchy than democracy.
(d) Closer to monarchy than democracy.
3. What did all the delegates at the federal convention agree on?
(a) Government by consent.
(b) The rights of a king.
(c) Laissez-faire economic policy.
(d) The importance of a strong central government.
4. What did Alexander Hamilton want to protect the executive from?
(b) Popular sentiment.
(c) Foreign influence.
5. What was the objection to constitutional monarchy at the constitutional convention?
(a) The Americans' distaste following the war.
(b) The threat of tyranny of the masses.
(c) The possibility of a runaway executive.
(d) The threat of mob rule.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mr. Wilson prefer the New Jersey Plan?
2. Delegates were trying to strike a balance in their decision about electing representatives for the House between what?
3. What did Mr. Mason support at the convention?
4. What did George Mason argue in the debate of June 4?
5. Why did delegates argue for a small senate?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)