|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What power was missing from the Articles?
(a) The power to amend the Articles.
(b) The power to regulate foreign trade.
(c) Executive power.
(d) The power to conduct war.
2. What was the benefit of adopting the resolution that was ultimately adopted?
(a) It allowed the federal government to be effective.
(b) It resolved decades of inter-state tension.
(c) It weakened the Articles of Confederation and gave the states more power.
(d) It created a need for a lot of inter-state lawsuits.
3. What did George Mason say he feared, in his argument on June 4?
(a) That government will degenerate into mob rule.
(b) That government will not have enough funding.
(c) That government will degenerate into a tool of businesses.
(d) That government will degenerate into monarchy.
4. What were the delegates' intentions when they argued for election of Senators from state legislatures?
(a) Improving upon the process by which the people were represented.
(b) Raising the Senate above popular opinion.
(c) Creating a check against popular democracy.
(d) Insulating the federal government from individuals in the states.
5. Why did Mr. Wilson prefer the New Jersey Plan?
(a) Because it provided for a standing army.
(b) Because it centralized power in the executive.
(c) Because it protected America from European influence.
(d) Because it provided multiple legislative houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Americans and Britons discussing a great deal during the 1770s?
2. Why did many delegates support one resolution to this question?
3. What was cut out when the Constitutional Convention doted down part of the Virginia Plan?
4. Which form of government includes direct voting by the people?
5. Where on the political spectrum were Alexander Hamilton's opinions?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)