|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did many delegates support one resolution to this question?
(a) To cater to the states' needs.
(b) To reduce the federal government's power.
(c) To avoid dissension.
(d) To limit the independence of the federal government.
2. What did Mr. Mason support at the convention?
(a) Election of Senators by Senators.
(b) Election by the people.
(c) Election by state legislatures.
(d) Appointment by the President.
3. What did delegates suggest would happen if state legislatures chose Representatives for the House?
(a) The government would not be legitimate.
(b) The states would acquire too much power.
(c) State and federal powers would balance.
(d) The people would revolt.
4. What did George Mason say he feared, in his argument on June 4?
(a) That government will degenerate into monarchy.
(b) That government will degenerate into mob rule.
(c) That government will not have enough funding.
(d) That government will degenerate into a tool of businesses.
5. Where do delegates think that authority needs to originate in order to be legitimate?
(a) The poor.
(b) The merchants.
(c) The people.
(d) The landowners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Great Compromise?
2. What did Madison stress in his letter to George Washington?
3. Alexander Hamilton gave a speech that expressed what value?
4. What did Madison and Jefferson feel about Virginia?
5. Which bodies were the delegates considering as electors of Representatives in the House?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)