|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did James Madison support?
(a) A system of checks and balances.
(b) Strong state governments.
(c) A strong federal government.
(d) A government of businesses.
2. What subject were the delegates debating in Chapter 6?
(a) Whether the federal government should oversee state laws.
(b) Whether the executive should be singular or plural.
(c) Whether government officers should receive pay.
(d) Who should be eligible to vote in elections.
3. What did Edmund Randolph present to the delegates?
(a) Articles of Confederation.
(b) The Great Compromise.
(c) The New Jersey Plan.
(d) The Virginia Plan.
4. What position did "Publius" advocate?
(a) Defending the new Constitution.
(b) Proposing an alternative to the Constitution.
(c) Arguing against ratification of the Constitution.
(d) Attacking the new Constitution.
5. What thoughts did Mr. Madison express on the topic of elections during debate at the convention?
(a) He said that elections are essential for free government.
(b) He said that elections are a step in dissolving government.
(c) He said that elections could be bought too easily to be trusted.
(d) He said that elections are too important to trust to the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What power was missing from the Articles?
2. What did Madison and Jefferson feel about Virginia?
3. What would happen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
4. What did Madison argue for in his letter to George Washington?
5. What did delegates debate on June 6?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)