|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the New Jersey Plan resolve the question of the relationship of state laws to federal laws?
(a) It gave the states priority in matters of trade, but the federal government priority in military matters.
(b) Congressional laws were still the law of the land.
(c) The Supreme Court would decide on a state-by-state basis which laws took precedence.
(d) State laws could still take precedence.
2. What were the delegates debating in Chapter 3?
(a) The election of the President.
(b) The election of Senators.
(c) The election of the House of Representatives.
(d) The appointment of judges.
3. What happened to the motion not to give government officers salaries?
(a) It was rejected as impractical.
(b) It was tabled to be voted on later.
(c) It was killed in committee.
(d) It was rejected as too aristocratic.
4. Which form of government includes a king whose powers are limited by a statement of the laws?
(a) Representative democracy.
(d) Constitutional monarchy.
5. What did Alexander Hamilton propose in his speech?
(a) A standing army.
(b) A Supreme Court.
(c) Regulation of slavery.
(d) An executive-for-life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Madison say the country needed, in his letter to George Washington?
2. Who proposed that government officers not receive salaries?
3. Where on the political spectrum were Alexander Hamilton's opinions?
4. What did Mr. Mason propose in his arguments of June 4?
5. What did James Madison support?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)