|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mr. Mason support at the convention?
(a) Appointment by the President.
(b) Election of Senators by Senators.
(c) Election by the people.
(d) Election by state legislatures.
2. Delegates were trying to strike a balance in their decision about electing representatives for the House between what?
(a) Between East coast and southern power.
(b) Between ideals and practical applications.
(c) Between American and foreign power.
(d) Between federal and state power.
3. What did Mr. Paterson argue about the New Jersey Plan?
(a) That it did not give the executive too much power.
(b) That it did not protect the states enough.
(c) That it diminished the power of the states.
(d) That it made the federal government too independent.
4. What did Madison say the country needed, in his letter to George Washington?
(a) A charismatic leader.
(b) A central coordinating committee.
(c) A dispassionate umpire.
(d) Short presidential terms.
5. What were Americans and Britons discussing a great deal during the 1770s?
(a) Political thought and theory.
(b) Warfare against the French.
(c) The Massachusetts charter.
(d) Warfare against the Native Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do delegates think that authority needs to originate in order to be legitimate?
2. Why did Mr. Wilson prefer the New Jersey Plan?
3. What did Madison and Jefferson feel about Virginia?
4. What did Edmund Randolph present to the delegates?
5. What did delegates suggest would happen if state legislatures chose Representatives for the House?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)