|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theory was flourishing in the 1770s in America?
(a) The theory of institutional design.
(b) The theory of evolution.
(c) The theory of intelligent design.
(d) The theory of free trade and open markets.
2. What did the delegates debate concerning state laws?
(a) Whether state laws could govern inter-state trade.
(b) Whether the states could allow the death penalty.
(c) Whether the federal government could control state laws.
(d) Whether state laws could set precedent for federal laws.
3. What did Alexander Hamilton want to protect the executive from?
(b) Popular sentiment.
(c) Foreign influence.
4. What did all the delegates at the federal convention agree on?
(a) Laissez-faire economic policy.
(b) The rights of a king.
(c) The importance of a strong central government.
(d) Government by consent.
5. Which bodies were the delegates considering as electors of Representatives in the House?
(a) Special committees or state legislatures.
(b) The people or state legislatures.
(c) State legislatures or the national senate.
(d) Property owners or free men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mr. Wilson prefer the New Jersey Plan?
2. What was the objection to democracy at the constitutional convention?
3. What did Mr. Mason support at the convention?
4. What did Madison stress in his letter to George Washington?
5. Why did delegates argue for a small senate?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)