|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Delegates were trying to strike a balance in their decision about electing representatives for the House between what?
(a) Between ideals and practical applications.
(b) Between American and foreign power.
(c) Between federal and state power.
(d) Between East coast and southern power.
2. What did George Mason say he feared, in his argument on June 4?
(a) That government will degenerate into a tool of businesses.
(b) That government will degenerate into mob rule.
(c) That government will degenerate into monarchy.
(d) That government will not have enough funding.
3. Who wrote the introduction to this edition of "The Anti-Federalist Papers"?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) Ralph Ketcham.
(c) James Madison.
(d) Sacvan Bercovitch.
4. What did James Madison support?
(a) A government of businesses.
(b) A strong federal government.
(c) Strong state governments.
(d) A system of checks and balances.
5. Which bodies were the delegates considering as electors of Representatives in the House?
(a) Special committees or state legislatures.
(b) The people or state legislatures.
(c) Property owners or free men.
(d) State legislatures or the national senate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason did Mr. Mason give for the view he presented at the convention?
2. What did William Paterson offer the convention?
3. What did delegates debate on June 6?
4. What was the objection to democracy at the constitutional convention?
5. Who proposed that government officers not receive salaries?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)