|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Virginia Plan propose to do to the Articles?
(a) Ratify them in Virginia.
(b) Extend their authority for another ten years.
(c) Discard them.
(d) Fix their flaws.
2. What were Americans and Britons discussing a great deal during the 1770s?
(a) Warfare against the Native Americans.
(b) The Massachusetts charter.
(c) Warfare against the French.
(d) Political thought and theory.
3. Why did many delegates support one resolution to this question?
(a) To cater to the states' needs.
(b) To reduce the federal government's power.
(c) To avoid dissension.
(d) To limit the independence of the federal government.
4. What subject were the delegates debating in Chapter 6?
(a) Whether government officers should receive pay.
(b) Whether the federal government should oversee state laws.
(c) Who should be eligible to vote in elections.
(d) Whether the executive should be singular or plural.
5. What did delegates debate on June 6?
(a) How to limit the executive's power.
(b) How to declare war.
(c) How to elect members of the House.
(d) How to appoint judges.
Short Answer Questions
1. What opinion bolstered Mr. Sherman's view about where election should take place?
2. Which form of government includes a representative government without hereditary privilege?
3. What did Edmund Randolph present to the delegates?
4. What did delegates oppose in the Virginia Plan?
5. What was cut out when the Constitutional Convention doted down part of the Virginia Plan?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)