|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do delegates think that authority needs to originate in order to be legitimate?
(a) The poor.
(b) The landowners.
(c) The merchants.
(d) The people.
2. Which form of government includes a king whose powers are limited by a statement of the laws?
(a) Constitutional monarchy.
(c) Representative democracy.
3. How would government service be seen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
(a) As an entitlement.
(b) As a duty.
(c) As a stepping stone.
(d) As a privilege.
4. What did Randolph argue at the convention?
(a) That the states should be trusted with managing their own affairs.
(b) That the government needs to be strong to serve its purposes.
(c) That the Articles of Confederation were sufficient.
(d) That the Constitution would need to stress diplomacy with foreign nations.
5. What were the delegates debating in Chapter 3?
(a) The election of Senators.
(b) The appointment of judges.
(c) The election of the President.
(d) The election of the House of Representatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Americans concluding by the 1780s?
2. What did Edmund Randolph present to the delegates?
3. What happened to the motion not to give government officers salaries?
4. What would happen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
5. What reason did delegates give for Senators being elected in state legislatures?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)