|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Madison and Jefferson want to do about judges?
(a) Review their judgments in the Congress.
(b) Allow them independence in their rulings.
(c) Subject them to elections.
(d) Protect them from popular politics.
2. What did Madison stress in his letter to George Washington?
(a) The need for restraints on popular sentiment.
(b) The need for representation by population.
(c) The need for representation by state and region.
(d) The need for high taxes to pay for federal army and government.
3. What opinion bolstered Mr. Sherman's view about where election should take place?
(a) He believed that the populace could be misled.
(b) He believed that small states needed equal representation.
(c) He believed in a strong democracy.
(d) He believed that people could be trusted with self-governance.
4. Why did many delegates support one resolution to this question?
(a) To avoid dissension.
(b) To limit the independence of the federal government.
(c) To reduce the federal government's power.
(d) To cater to the states' needs.
5. What did the Southern economy rely on at the time of the constitutional convention?
(c) State-to-state trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was cut out when the Constitutional Convention doted down part of the Virginia Plan?
2. What were opponents of the resolution that was ultimately adopted afraid of?
3. Where did Mr. Gerry think the country's current troubles came from?
4. How many branches of government did Mr. Madison propose be elected?
5. What thoughts did Mr. Wilson express at the convention?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)