|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did delegates suggest would happen if state legislatures chose Representatives for the House?
(a) The states would acquire too much power.
(b) State and federal powers would balance.
(c) The people would revolt.
(d) The government would not be legitimate.
2. What did Madison and Jefferson want to do about judges?
(a) Subject them to elections.
(b) Protect them from popular politics.
(c) Allow them independence in their rulings.
(d) Review their judgments in the Congress.
3. What did George Mason say he feared, in his argument on June 4?
(a) That government will degenerate into monarchy.
(b) That government will degenerate into mob rule.
(c) That government will degenerate into a tool of businesses.
(d) That government will not have enough funding.
4. What did the New Jersey Plan allow the federal government to do?
(a) Maintain a standing army.
(b) Regulate slavery.
(c) Support a Supreme Court.
(d) Tax intra-state commerce.
5. What power was missing from the Articles?
(a) The power to amend the Articles.
(b) Executive power.
(c) The power to conduct war.
(d) The power to regulate foreign trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which form of government includes a king whose powers are limited by a statement of the laws?
2. Where do delegates think that authority needs to originate in order to be legitimate?
3. What did Mr. Mason support at the convention?
4. What reason did Mr. Mason give for the view he presented at the convention?
5. What were opponents of the resolution that was ultimately adopted afraid of?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)