|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position did "Publius" advocate?
(a) Proposing an alternative to the Constitution.
(b) Defending the new Constitution.
(c) Attacking the new Constitution.
(d) Arguing against ratification of the Constitution.
2. What thoughts did Mr. Madison express on the topic of elections during debate at the convention?
(a) He said that elections are essential for free government.
(b) He said that elections are too important to trust to the people.
(c) He said that elections could be bought too easily to be trusted.
(d) He said that elections are a step in dissolving government.
3. Alexander Hamilton gave a speech that expressed what value?
(a) The value of low tariffs.
(b) The value of independent states.
(c) The value of abolishing slavery.
(d) The value of a strong federal government.
4. What power was missing from the Articles?
(a) The power to conduct war.
(b) The power to amend the Articles.
(c) Executive power.
(d) The power to regulate foreign trade.
5. Who wrote the introduction to this edition of "The Anti-Federalist Papers"?
(a) Sacvan Bercovitch.
(b) Ralph Ketcham.
(c) James Madison.
(d) Alexander Hamilton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did James Madison support?
2. What did George Mason say he feared, in his argument on June 4?
3. What did William Paterson offer the convention?
4. What did Alexander Hamilton want to protect the executive from?
5. What did the New Jersey Plan allow the federal government to do?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)