|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject were the delegates debating in Chapter 6?
(a) Who should be eligible to vote in elections.
(b) Whether government officers should receive pay.
(c) Whether the executive should be singular or plural.
(d) Whether the federal government should oversee state laws.
2. What did George Mason say he feared, in his argument on June 4?
(a) That government will degenerate into monarchy.
(b) That government will degenerate into mob rule.
(c) That government will not have enough funding.
(d) That government will degenerate into a tool of businesses.
3. What was eliminated from the Constitution draft?
(a) Restriction on imports.
(b) Property qualifications for office.
(c) Laws governing territories and provinces.
(d) Protections against taxes on slavery.
4. What did Mr. Mason support at the convention?
(a) Appointment by the President.
(b) Election by state legislatures.
(c) Election of Senators by Senators.
(d) Election by the people.
5. Who proposed that government officers not receive salaries?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) George Washington.
(c) James Madison.
(d) Alexander Hamilton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What thoughts did Mr. Wilson express at the convention?
2. What did Madison stress in his letter to George Washington?
3. Why did delegates argue for a judicial veto power?
4. What compromise did this body propose, between the Virginia Plan and the New Jersey Plan?
5. What plan did James Madison favor?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)