|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did James Madison argue with relation to the New Jersey Plan?
(a) It will not protect small states from bigger states.
(b) It cannot support itself with tax revenue.
(c) It will give too much power to small states.
(d) It cannot settle arguments between the states.
2. What were supporters of the residency requirement for citizenship afraid of?
(a) They were afraid that the national interest would be subverted by foreigners.
(b) They were afraid that the states would be able to suppress immigrant votes.
(c) They were afraid that uneducated people would vote in large numbers.
(d) They were afraid that immigrants would send too much money back to their homelands.
3. What must the government use its power to protect the people from, in James Madison's opinion?
(b) The government itself.
(c) Big businesses.
(d) Foreign influence.
4. Who proposed that government officers not receive salaries?
(a) James Madison.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) Alexander Hamilton.
(d) George Washington.
5. What is the current residency requirement for citizenship?
(a) 7 years residence.
(b) 4 years residence.
(c) American birth.
(d) 10 years residence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What deliberative body created a compromise between the Virginia Plan and the New Jersey Plan?
2. What thoughts did Mr. Madison express on the topic of elections during debate at the convention?
3. What kind of rulers did James Madison believe the country needed?
4. Which constituents did Dr. Johnson want to placate with the plan he advocated?
5. What were the delegates debating in Chapter 3?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)