|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would government service be seen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
(a) As an entitlement.
(b) As a stepping stone.
(c) As a duty.
(d) As a privilege.
2. Why did delegates argue that Senators should be elected in state legislatures?
(a) The states would therefore have an interest in preserving the federal government.
(b) The House of Representatives would be counter-balanced.
(c) The government would be composed of professional politicians.
(d) The state legislatures would thereby gain power against the federal government.
3. What did George Mason say he feared, in his argument on June 4?
(a) That government will degenerate into mob rule.
(b) That government will degenerate into monarchy.
(c) That government will degenerate into a tool of businesses.
(d) That government will not have enough funding.
4. What did the Virginia Plan propose to do to the Articles?
(a) Fix their flaws.
(b) Ratify them in Virginia.
(c) Extend their authority for another ten years.
(d) Discard them.
5. What thoughts did Mr. Madison express on the topic of elections during debate at the convention?
(a) He said that elections could be bought too easily to be trusted.
(b) He said that elections are too important to trust to the people.
(c) He said that elections are essential for free government.
(d) He said that elections are a step in dissolving government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Madison argue for in his letter to George Washington?
2. What did George Mason argue in the debate of June 4?
3. Where should budget bills start, according to the compromise?
4. What reason did delegates give for Senators being elected in state legislatures?
5. What would happen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)