|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did delegates argue that Senators should be elected in state legislatures?
(a) The states would therefore have an interest in preserving the federal government.
(b) The state legislatures would thereby gain power against the federal government.
(c) The government would be composed of professional politicians.
(d) The House of Representatives would be counter-balanced.
2. How would government service be seen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
(a) As a stepping stone.
(b) As a duty.
(c) As a privilege.
(d) As an entitlement.
3. Why did delegates argue for a small senate?
(a) They thought it would limit the influence of the executive.
(b) They thought it would make Senators more intimate and therefore more willing to compromise.
(c) They thought it would give the large states fair representation.
(d) They thought it would make for debate that is more dignified.
4. What kind of representation did James Madison advocate?
(a) Representation by person.
(b) Representation by revenue.
(c) Representation by state size.
(d) Representation by state.
5. What did Mr. Sherman argue concerning the question of whether the executive should be chosen by the legislature?
(a) He argued that the executive should be elected by the Congress.
(b) He argued that the executive should be appointed by the Congress.
(c) He argued that the executive should be elected by the people.
(d) He argued that the executive should be appointed by the Supreme Court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mr. Wilson's feeling about the compromise?
2. What plan did James Madison favor?
3. What deliberative body created a compromise between the Virginia Plan and the New Jersey Plan?
4. What did George Mason argue in the debate of June 4?
5. What was James Madison's feeling about the compromise?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)