|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Delegates were trying to strike a balance in their decision about electing representatives for the House between what?
(a) Between ideals and practical applications.
(b) Between American and foreign power.
(c) Between federal and state power.
(d) Between East coast and southern power.
2. What kind of rulers did James Madison believe the country needed?
(a) Wise, virtuous individuals.
(b) Innocent, smart individuals.
(c) Old world aristocrats.
(d) Leaders with frontier experience.
3. What plan did James Madison favor?
(a) An isolationist plan.
(b) A diplomatic plan.
(c) A federal plan.
(d) A state-centric plan.
4. What did the delegates argue concerning the question of whether the judiciary should be able to veto legislation?
(a) That the judiciary would become the most powerful branch of government.
(b) That the executive would be rendered powerless.
(c) That the judiciary would thereby acquire legislative power.
(d) That the executive would thereby attain control over the legislature through the judiciary.
5. What did Mr. Mason support at the convention?
(a) Appointment by the President.
(b) Election by the people.
(c) Election by state legislatures.
(d) Election of Senators by Senators.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mr. Sherman say election should take place?
2. What did James Madison recommend for the appointment of Supreme Court Justices?
3. Where should budget bills start, according to the compromise?
4. How would government service be seen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
5. What happened to the motion not to give government officers salaries?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)