|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did James Madison argue with relation to the New Jersey Plan?
(a) It cannot settle arguments between the states.
(b) It cannot support itself with tax revenue.
(c) It will give too much power to small states.
(d) It will not protect small states from bigger states.
2. What did Madison argue for in his letter to George Washington?
(a) The supremacy of national laws over states' laws.
(b) Independence of states to make laws.
(c) Independence of states to coin money.
(d) Restraints against a supreme national legislature.
3. What did James Madison argue during the argument over representation by person or by state?
(a) The populace would not be served by state representatives.
(b) The ruling classes would benefit by representation by state.
(c) Fairness argued for representation by state.
(d) Popular sovereignty argued for representation by person.
4. What kind of rulers did James Madison believe the country needed?
(a) Innocent, smart individuals.
(b) Leaders with frontier experience.
(c) Wise, virtuous individuals.
(d) Old world aristocrats.
5. What did Gouverneur Morris argue concerning the question of whether the executive should be chosen by the legislature?
(a) He argued that the executive should be appointed by the Senate.
(b) He argued that the executive should be appointed by the Supreme Court.
(c) He argued that the executive should be elected by the Congress.
(d) He argued that the executive should be elected by the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did James Madison argue government legitimacy came from?
2. What is the current residency requirement for citizenship?
3. What would happen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
4. What were the delegates debating in Chapter 3?
5. Where did Mr. Gerry think the country's current troubles came from?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)