|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did delegates suggest would happen if state legislatures chose Representatives for the House?
(a) The government would not be legitimate.
(b) The states would acquire too much power.
(c) State and federal powers would balance.
(d) The people would revolt.
2. What power was missing from the Articles?
(a) The power to amend the Articles.
(b) Executive power.
(c) The power to regulate foreign trade.
(d) The power to conduct war.
3. What did Mr. Sherman advocate about executive veto power?
(a) He said that the executive should have absolute veto.
(b) He said that the executive should have veto power over the legislature, but not the judiciary.
(c) He said that the executive veto power should be limited.
(d) He said that the executive should not have a veto.
4. Which constituents did Dr. Johnson want to placate with the plan he advocated?
(a) Foreign diplomats.
(b) The upper classes.
(d) Small states.
5. What did Gouverneur Morris advocate about executive veto power?
(a) He said that the executive should have veto power over the legislature, but not the judiciary.
(b) He said that the executive should not have a veto.
(c) He said that the executive veto itself should be able to be overridden.
(d) He said that the executive should have absolute veto.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Madison say the country needed, in his letter to George Washington?
2. Where do delegates think that authority needs to originate in order to be legitimate?
3. What were the delegates debating in Chapter 3?
4. What was eliminated from the Constitution draft?
5. What would happen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)