|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who proposed that government officers not receive salaries?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) James Madison.
(d) George Washington.
2. What would happen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
(a) Legislators would have to have wealthy patrons.
(b) The government would consist solely of landed gentry.
(c) Men who lusted for power and money would not run for office.
(d) Men who needed money would be liable to be influenced by special interests.
3. What kind of rulers did James Madison believe the country needed?
(a) Old world aristocrats.
(b) Wise, virtuous individuals.
(c) Innocent, smart individuals.
(d) Leaders with frontier experience.
4. Where do delegates think that authority needs to originate in order to be legitimate?
(a) The poor.
(b) The merchants.
(c) The people.
(d) The landowners.
5. What did Randolph argue at the convention?
(a) That the Constitution would need to stress diplomacy with foreign nations.
(b) That the states should be trusted with managing their own affairs.
(c) That the Articles of Confederation were sufficient.
(d) That the government needs to be strong to serve its purposes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mr. Mason support at the convention?
2. What did George Mason say he feared, in his argument on June 4?
3. How many branches of government did Mr. Madison propose be elected?
4. What compromise did this body propose, between the Virginia Plan and the New Jersey Plan?
5. What was the dominant fear about the executive?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)