|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did James Madison argue with relation to the New Jersey Plan?
(a) It cannot support itself with tax revenue.
(b) It will give too much power to small states.
(c) It cannot settle arguments between the states.
(d) It will not protect small states from bigger states.
2. Where do delegates think that authority needs to originate in order to be legitimate?
(a) The people.
(b) The landowners.
(c) The poor.
(d) The merchants.
3. What opinion bolstered Mr. Sherman's view about where election should take place?
(a) He believed that small states needed equal representation.
(b) He believed in a strong democracy.
(c) He believed that the populace could be misled.
(d) He believed that people could be trusted with self-governance.
4. What complaints were lodged against the proposal to elect Senators in state legislatures?
(a) It would over-represent the small states.
(b) It would dissipate federal power among the states.
(c) It would give too much power to large states.
(d) It would create a plutocracy.
5. Where did Mr. Gerry think the country's current troubles came from?
(a) Too much democracy.
(b) Too much foreign influence.
(c) Too little representation in government.
(d) Too little religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject were the delegates debating in Chapter 6?
2. What power was missing from the Articles?
3. What reason did delegates give for Senators being elected in state legislatures?
4. Where should budget bills start, according to the compromise?
5. Which constituents did Dr. Johnson want to placate with the plan he advocated?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)