|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What threat did Mr. Pinckney make if Congress has power to restrict the slave trade?
(a) To withhold ratification.
(b) To secede.
(c) To march on Washington.
(d) To filibuster.
2. What were the delegates debating in Chapter 3?
(a) The election of Senators.
(b) The election of the House of Representatives.
(c) The election of the President.
(d) The appointment of judges.
3. What was James Madison's feeling about the compromise?
(a) He felt that the convention was sacrificing large states to small states.
(b) He felt that the convention was striking the right balance.
(c) He felt that the convention was sacrificing justice for the small states.
(d) He felt that the convention was sacrificing federalism to distributed power.
4. Where do delegates think that authority needs to originate in order to be legitimate?
(a) The landowners.
(b) The poor.
(c) The merchants.
(d) The people.
5. What did Gouverneur Morris argue concerning the question of whether the executive should be chosen by the legislature?
(a) He argued that the executive should be appointed by the Supreme Court.
(b) He argued that the executive should be appointed by the Senate.
(c) He argued that the executive should be elected by the Congress.
(d) He argued that the executive should be elected by the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason did Mr. Mason give for the view he presented at the convention?
2. Where did James Madison argue government legitimacy came from?
3. What did James Madison argue with relation to the New Jersey Plan?
4. What did James Madison support?
5. What did a legitimate government require, in James Madison's opinion?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)