|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Edmund Randolph present to the delegates?
(a) Articles of Confederation.
(b) The Virginia Plan.
(c) The New Jersey Plan.
(d) The Great Compromise.
2. How many branches of government did Mr. Madison propose be elected?
(a) He proposed that all government positions should be elected.
(d) At least one.
3. What did Madison say the country needed, in his letter to George Washington?
(a) A dispassionate umpire.
(b) A charismatic leader.
(c) Short presidential terms.
(d) A central coordinating committee.
4. What did the Virginia Plan propose to do to the Articles?
(a) Extend their authority for another ten years.
(b) Discard them.
(c) Ratify them in Virginia.
(d) Fix their flaws.
5. What did Benjamin Franklin say about supporters of the residency requirement for citizenship?
(a) He said that delegates were opening the floodgates to a tide of poor workers by opening restrictions on immigration.
(b) He said that delegates were understating the ease with which people assimilate into American culture.
(c) He said that delegates were cutting off sources of new talent by limiting immigration.
(d) He said that delegates were exaggerating the threat of European immigration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gouverneur Morris advocate about executive veto power?
2. Where did Mr. Sherman say election should take place?
3. What was the dominant fear about the executive?
4. What did Randolph argue at the convention?
5. Delegates were trying to strike a balance in their decision about electing representatives for the House between what?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)