|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the motion not to give government officers salaries?
(a) It was tabled to be voted on later.
(b) It was rejected as too aristocratic.
(c) It was rejected as impractical.
(d) It was killed in committee.
2. What did the Virginia Plan propose to do to the Articles?
(a) Fix their flaws.
(b) Discard them.
(c) Extend their authority for another ten years.
(d) Ratify them in Virginia.
3. Which bodies were the delegates considering as electors of Representatives in the House?
(a) Property owners or free men.
(b) State legislatures or the national senate.
(c) The people or state legislatures.
(d) Special committees or state legislatures.
4. What did delegates suggest would happen if state legislatures chose Representatives for the House?
(a) State and federal powers would balance.
(b) The government would not be legitimate.
(c) The people would revolt.
(d) The states would acquire too much power.
5. Why did delegates argue for a judicial veto power?
(a) To prevent bad executive judgment.
(b) To protect small states.
(c) To correct bad laws.
(d) To prevent corruption.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would government service be seen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
2. What did a legitimate government require, in James Madison's opinion?
3. Which constituents did Dr. Johnson want to placate with the plan he advocated?
4. What would happen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
5. How many branches of government did Mr. Madison propose be elected?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)