|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did James Madison argue with relation to the New Jersey Plan?
(a) It will not protect small states from bigger states.
(b) It cannot settle arguments between the states.
(c) It cannot support itself with tax revenue.
(d) It will give too much power to small states.
2. What did Mr. Mason support at the convention?
(a) Appointment by the President.
(b) Election by state legislatures.
(c) Election of Senators by Senators.
(d) Election by the people.
3. Where did Mr. Sherman say election should take place?
(a) In the state legislatures.
(b) In the Electoral College.
(c) Among sitting representatives.
(d) In the popular polls.
4. Who proposed that government officers not receive salaries?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) Alexander Hamilton.
(c) George Washington.
(d) James Madison.
5. Where should budget bills start, according to the compromise?
(a) In the Senate.
(b) In the House of Representatives.
(c) In the Supreme Court.
(d) In the executive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What thoughts did Mr. Wilson express at the convention?
2. What did James Madison argue during the argument over representation by person or by state?
3. What did Gouverneur Morris argue concerning the question of whether the executive should be chosen by the legislature?
4. What did Randolph argue at the convention?
5. What did the Virginia Plan propose to do to the Articles?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)