|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the draft of the Constitution contain concerning slavery?
(a) The draft prevented a tax or prohibition on slavery.
(b) The draft outlawed the domestic slave trade.
(c) The draft did not mention slavery explicitly.
(d) The draft outlawed the importation of slaves.
2. What kind of representation did James Madison advocate?
(a) Representation by state.
(b) Representation by state size.
(c) Representation by revenue.
(d) Representation by person.
3. What subject were the delegates debating in Chapter 6?
(a) Whether government officers should receive pay.
(b) Whether the federal government should oversee state laws.
(c) Whether the executive should be singular or plural.
(d) Who should be eligible to vote in elections.
4. How many branches of government did Mr. Madison propose be elected?
(b) At least one.
(d) He proposed that all government positions should be elected.
5. What thoughts did Mr. Wilson express at the convention?
(a) Popular election will lead to a tyranny of the masses.
(b) Popular election will debase public discourse.
(c) Popular election will allow the people to mislead each other.
(d) Popular election will give people confidence in the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mr. Mason propose in his arguments of June 4?
2. What was eliminated from the Constitution draft?
3. What was the original proposal for the residency requirement for citizenship?
4. Where did Mr. Sherman say election should take place?
5. What did Randolph argue at the convention?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)