|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What deliberative body created a compromise between the Virginia Plan and the New Jersey Plan?
(a) A grand committee.
(b) The Senate.
(c) The Supreme Court.
(d) The Congress.
2. Where should budget bills start, according to the compromise?
(a) In the executive.
(b) In the House of Representatives.
(c) In the Supreme Court.
(d) In the Senate.
3. Who proposed that government officers not receive salaries?
(a) George Washington.
(b) James Madison.
(c) Alexander Hamilton.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
4. What did Dr. Johnson advocate during the debate over federal power?
(a) Centralizing power in the federal government.
(b) Preserving state power.
(c) Instituting a Supreme Court.
(d) Reducing the size of the federal government.
5. What compromise did this body propose, between the Virginia Plan and the New Jersey Plan?
(a) The government would maintain a standing army, but not a big one.
(b) Supreme Court Judges would be appointed by the executive, but the Congress could override the appointment.
(c) Missouri entered the union as a free state, and Texas as a slave state.
(d) State representation in the upper house, and representation by person in the lower house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What threat did Mr. Pinckney make if Congress has power to restrict the slave trade?
2. What did Edmund Randolph present to the delegates?
3. What were the delegates' intentions when they argued for election of Senators from state legislatures?
4. What did Madison stress in his letter to George Washington?
5. What did Mr. Pinckney think about slavery?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)