|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did James Madison recommend for the appointment of Supreme Court Justices?
(a) That appointments be susceptible to two-thirds vote override by the Congress.
(b) That judges should be elected.
(c) That appointments be beyond contest.
(d) That judges should be appointed for seven-year terms.
2. What reason did Mr. Mason give for the view he presented at the convention?
(a) Representation should be the one fully democratic part of government.
(b) Democracy was dangerous for a country without precedents.
(c) The people could not be trusted to govern themselves.
(d) The populace needed power but they also needed to be checked.
3. What did Benjamin Franklin say about supporters of the residency requirement for citizenship?
(a) He said that delegates were understating the ease with which people assimilate into American culture.
(b) He said that delegates were opening the floodgates to a tide of poor workers by opening restrictions on immigration.
(c) He said that delegates were cutting off sources of new talent by limiting immigration.
(d) He said that delegates were exaggerating the threat of European immigration.
4. What did delegates suggest would happen if state legislatures chose Representatives for the House?
(a) The people would revolt.
(b) State and federal powers would balance.
(c) The government would not be legitimate.
(d) The states would acquire too much power.
5. Where should budget bills start, according to the compromise?
(a) In the Senate.
(b) In the House of Representatives.
(c) In the Supreme Court.
(d) In the executive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was eliminated from the Constitution draft?
2. What did the draft of the Constitution contain concerning slavery?
3. Which committee recommendation did not make it into the Constitution?
4. What did James Madison argue with relation to the New Jersey Plan?
5. How would government service be seen if government officers did not receive salaries, in the opinion of the man who proposed this?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)