|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which bodies were the delegates considering as electors of Representatives in the House?
(a) Special committees or state legislatures.
(b) The people or state legislatures.
(c) State legislatures or the national senate.
(d) Property owners or free men.
2. What thoughts did Mr. Wilson express at the convention?
(a) Popular election will give people confidence in the government.
(b) Popular election will debase public discourse.
(c) Popular election will allow the people to mislead each other.
(d) Popular election will lead to a tyranny of the masses.
3. Where did Mr. Gerry think the country's current troubles came from?
(a) Too little religion.
(b) Too little representation in government.
(c) Too much foreign influence.
(d) Too much democracy.
4. What deliberative body created a compromise between the Virginia Plan and the New Jersey Plan?
(a) A grand committee.
(b) The Senate.
(c) The Supreme Court.
(d) The Congress.
5. What did Gouverneur Morris advocate about executive veto power?
(a) He said that the executive should have absolute veto.
(b) He said that the executive should not have a veto.
(c) He said that the executive should have veto power over the legislature, but not the judiciary.
(d) He said that the executive veto itself should be able to be overridden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the original proposal for the residency requirement for citizenship?
2. What power was missing from the Articles?
3. What did George Mason say he feared, in his argument on June 4?
4. What subject were the delegates debating in Chapter 6?
5. Which constituents did Dr. Johnson want to placate with the plan he advocated?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)