|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which committee recommendation did not make it into the Constitution?
(a) Four year terms for President and vice-President.
(b) Senate can amend budget bills.
(c) The Senate should choose the President in case of a tie in the Electoral College.
(d) The Electoral College.
2. What subject were the delegates debating in Chapter 6?
(a) Whether government officers should receive pay.
(b) Whether the executive should be singular or plural.
(c) Who should be eligible to vote in elections.
(d) Whether the federal government should oversee state laws.
3. What did delegates debate on June 6?
(a) How to limit the executive's power.
(b) How to declare war.
(c) How to elect members of the House.
(d) How to appoint judges.
4. What deliberative body created a compromise between the Virginia Plan and the New Jersey Plan?
(a) The Senate.
(b) The Supreme Court.
(c) The Congress.
(d) A grand committee.
5. What was eliminated from the Constitution draft?
(a) Restriction on imports.
(b) Laws governing territories and provinces.
(c) Property qualifications for office.
(d) Protections against taxes on slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did George Mason say he feared, in his argument on June 4?
2. What was the original proposal for the residency requirement for citizenship?
3. What did the delegates argue concerning the question of whether the judiciary should be associated with the executive?
4. What happened to the motion not to give government officers salaries?
5. What did Benjamin Franklin say about supporters of the residency requirement for citizenship?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)