|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Ratification of the Constitution, Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did William Paterson offer the convention?
(a) The Missouri Compromise.
(b) The Great Compromise.
(c) The Virginia Plan.
(d) The New Jersey Plan.
2. Why did Mr. Wilson prefer the New Jersey Plan?
(a) Because it provided multiple legislative houses.
(b) Because it protected America from European influence.
(c) Because it provided for a standing army.
(d) Because it centralized power in the executive.
3. What did Alexander Hamilton want to protect the executive from?
(a) Foreign influence.
(c) Popular sentiment.
4. Who was particularly concerned about the Virginia Plan?
(a) Small states.
(b) Large states.
(c) Southern states.
(d) Populous states.
5. What did James Wilson argue concerning the question of taxation?
(a) He argued that the European nations were taxed more heavily.
(b) He argued that it was necessary.
(c) He argued that the government would use tax money wisely.
(d) He argued that it would result in better services.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the Virginia Plan was accepted?
2. Where on the political spectrum were Alexander Hamilton's opinions?
3. Who was DeWitt in reality?
4. What did Mr. Williamson advocate for the term length on the election or appointment of the executive?
5. Where else did the question of proposing limitations arise, besides the debate over suffrage?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)