|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Ratification of the Constitution, Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the New Jersey Plan allow the federal government to do?
(a) Regulate slavery.
(b) Maintain a standing army.
(c) Support a Supreme Court.
(d) Tax intra-state commerce.
2. Why did many delegates support one resolution to this question?
(a) To limit the independence of the federal government.
(b) To avoid dissension.
(c) To reduce the federal government's power.
(d) To cater to the states' needs.
3. What imbalance gave James Madison cause for worry about ratification in the states?
(a) The disparity between East Coast states and frontier territories.
(b) The disparity between Northern and Southern state interests.
(c) The disparity between landowners and laborers.
(d) The disparity between national and state interests.
4. Which party did James Wilson belong to?
5. What did James Wilson argue regarding the abolition of trial by jury at the federal level?
(a) He said that there would not be many cases where this applied.
(b) He said that trial by military tribunal was just as fair.
(c) He said that it would be compensated by strong protections at the state level.
(d) He said it was not a general problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Madison advocate concerning the election or appointment of the executive?
2. What did the convention call for on July 26?
3. What did opponents to the suffrage limitation argue?
4. What did the delegates debate concerning state laws?
5. What did James Wilson argue concerning the question of taxation?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)