|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Ratification of the Constitution, Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was particularly concerned about the Virginia Plan?
(a) Populous states.
(b) Southern states.
(c) Large states.
(d) Small states.
2. How extensive were the changes the delegates made to the first draft of the Constitution?
(a) Not extensive at all.
(b) Revisions separated the branches of government.
(c) Revisions gave the Congress veto power over presidential appointments.
(d) The draft was almost entirely rewritten.
3. What did the convention call for on July 26?
(a) A committee to write a draft of the agreed-upon points.
(b) A committee to resolve the Virginia Plan and the New Jersey plan.
(c) A vote on ratification.
(d) Proposals for executive term limits.
4. What did James Madison worry about concerning ratification in the states?
(a) The states could hold the federal government hostage with no votes.
(b) The federal government would be powerless without unanimous ratification.
(c) The states might not act in the national interest.
(d) The states could sink the ratification process.
5. What did opponents of the resolution that was ultimately adopted think would be the consequence of adopting the proposal?
(a) That the states would be eradicated.
(b) That the states would lose tax income to the federal government.
(c) That the states would have to band together to oppose the government.
(d) That states would work by region to set their own laws and standards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mr. Wilson prefer the New Jersey Plan?
2. What was James Wilson calling for in his speech to the Pennsylvania legislature?
3. What imbalance gave James Madison cause for worry about ratification in the states?
4. Alexander Hamilton gave a speech that expressed what value?
5. What did Alexander Hamilton propose in his speech?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)