|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Ratification of the Constitution, Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was DeWitt in reality?
(a) A Virginian Anti-Federalist.
(b) A Massachusetts Anti-Federalist.
(c) A Rhode Island Federalist.
(d) A New York Anti-Federalist.
2. What limitation did delegates try to place on suffrage?
(a) Landowner restrictions.
(b) Literacy restrictions.
(c) National origin restrictions.
(d) Race restrictions.
3. What did Alexander Hamilton want to protect the executive from?
(a) Foreign influence.
(b) Popular sentiment.
4. What did Mr. Williamson advocate for the term length on the election or appointment of the executive?
(a) Seven year terms for the executive, without reelection.
(b) Seven year terms for the executive, with a chance of reelection
(c) Four year terms for the executive, with a chance of reelection.
(d) Lifetime appointments for the executive.
5. What resolution was ultimately adopted?
(a) To prevent the federal government from overriding state laws.
(b) To allow the Supreme Court to decide which laws were supreme.
(c) To give federal laws supremacy over state laws.
(d) To give state laws independence from the federal legislature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where on the political spectrum were Alexander Hamilton's opinions?
2. What was James Wilson calling for in his speech to the Pennsylvania legislature?
3. What did the convention call for on July 26?
4. What did opponents of the resolution that was ultimately adopted think would be the consequence of adopting the proposal?
5. How did the New Jersey Plan resolve the question of the relationship of state laws to federal laws?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)