|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Ratification of the Constitution, Chapters 31-34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did many delegates support one resolution to this question?
(a) To avoid dissension.
(b) To reduce the federal government's power.
(c) To limit the independence of the federal government.
(d) To cater to the states' needs.
2. What did Patrick Henry say was the end of government?
3. Alexander Hamilton gave a speech that expressed what value?
(a) The value of abolishing slavery.
(b) The value of independent states.
(c) The value of a strong federal government.
(d) The value of low tariffs.
4. How did Patrick Henry describe fear?
(a) As the paralyzing emotion.
(b) As the enemy to reason.
(c) As the passion of slaves.
(d) As the restraint of the wise.
5. What did the New Jersey Plan allow the federal government to do?
(a) Regulate slavery.
(b) Support a Supreme Court.
(c) Maintain a standing army.
(d) Tax intra-state commerce.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the Virginia Plan was accepted?
2. What was DeWitt arguing against in his essays?
3. What method of ratification did Oliver Ellsworth advocate?
4. What did the convention call for on July 26?
5. What was the benefit of adopting the resolution that was ultimately adopted?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)