|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _______ is the god of wine and emotion.
2. This is the best known storehouse for the equipment of the large Athenian navy.
(a) Arsenal of Phaleron.
(b) Arsenal of Philon.
(c) Arsenal of Athens.
(d) Arsenal of Delphi.
3. This person, the designer of the building, puts together a team of sculptors to create the sculptures outside the Parthenon.
4. Domestic slaves are treated as these.
(a) Free adults.
(b) Less than animals.
(c) Women, with no rights.
(d) Members of the family.
5. This is a tradition for men where all would become so drunk they would need to be carried home by slaves.
(a) The Sinphon.
(b) The Drinking Room.
(c) The Symposion.
(d) The Cyphon.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first king of Athens is ________, who establishes worship of the Greek gods.
2. This is the amount sculptors are paid per sculpture for working on the sculptures from the Erechtheum.
3. The Patron God of Athens is _________.
4. The women of Athens are primarily expected to do this.
5. These objects are sparse, and generally made of wood.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the rumor behind the tent of Xerxes.
2. Explain the ideological conflict between Sparta and Athens that results in the clash that leads to war.
3. Explain the marriage process, including the betrothal and the procession.
4. Explain the great procession to the Acropolis.
5. Describe the statues of the exterior of the Parthenon.
6. Describe the various forms of dress and hairstyles given to the Athenian people. Be sure to include both male and female information.
7. Explain how Attica provides food and water the the people. What systems are in place?
8. Describe the Dark Age of Greece.
9. Describe the tribal contests of the fifth day of the Panathenaic festival.
10. Explain the Long Walls.
This section contains 1,208 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)