|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wealthy sons of Athenians are tutored by these, beginning around age seven.
2. The most famous Athenian trial is that of this person.
3. In 480 BC, a huge army under this Persian king breaks through the Spartan army at Thermopylae, and attacks Athens.
4. This event consists of discus, long jump, javelin, sprinting, and wrestling.
5. To protect its food supply, Athens decides they require a strong navy, the architect of which is this person.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ekklesia in fifth century Athens is the _________.
2. Priestesses answer practical questions of the present and future here.
3. This house displays an early example of the Masonry style, with plaster molded into rectangles in different colors.
4. This festival held every summer to honor Athena is called this.
5. Most houses have lavatories, consisting of these.
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast the upbringing of young boys and girls in Athens.
2. Describe the statues of the exterior of the Parthenon.
3. Describe semi-detached houses as well as hill houses. Include details from the book.
4. Who are the Greek pantheon, and what are their roles.
5. Describe the various forms of dress and hairstyles given to the Athenian people. Be sure to include both male and female information.
6. Describe the tribal contests of the fifth day of the Panathenaic festival.
7. Explain the Long Walls.
8. Describe the political structure of fifth century Athens, and include the Agora and stoas.
9. Explain the wall decorations in the house at Olynthus, and the five schemes those wall decorations represent.
10. Describe the Dark Age of Greece.
This section contains 1,165 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)