|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Patron God of Athens is _________.
2. The only trilogy to survive from ancient Athens is this.
3. This is where the boule meets.
(d) The Acropolis.
4. Priestesses answer practical questions of the present and future here.
(b) Apollo at Delphi.
(d) Clepsydra Fountain.
5. At the age of eighteen, Athenian boys must attend this.
(a) Civil assemblies.
(b) Etiquette lessons.
(c) Charm school.
(d) Military training.
Short Answer Questions
1. These objects are sparse, and generally made of wood.
2. This is the best known storehouse for the equipment of the large Athenian navy.
3. Much of the Greek clothing is made from this.
4. ___________ is credited with building the first stage.
5. The meat of a sacrificed animal is ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the tribal contests of the fifth day of the Panathenaic festival.
2. Explain the ideological conflict between Sparta and Athens that results in the clash that leads to war.
3. Describe the main procession for the trip to the Acropolis for the theater.
4. Explain the wall decorations in the house at Olynthus, and the five schemes those wall decorations represent.
5. Compare and contrast the upbringing of young boys and girls in Athens.
6. Describe the Dark Age of Greece.
7. Who are the Greek pantheon, and what are their roles.
8. Explain the rumor behind the tent of Xerxes.
9. Describe the various rooms located within Athenian households, using the book as your guide.
10. Describe the statues of the exterior of the Parthenon.
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)