|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marriage in Athens is _______.
2. ___________ is credited with building the first stage.
3. Domestic slaves are treated as these.
(a) Women, with no rights.
(b) Free adults.
(c) Members of the family.
(d) Less than animals.
4. Who serve as police officers, in a sense, in Athens?
(a) Public slaves.
(b) Men of the military.
(d) Young men before they are of age to join the military.
5. This festival held every summer to honor Athena is called this.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Panathenaic Games are only for these people.
2. Ancient walls around the city are believed to have been built in ____.
3. This is a process used in ancient Athens whereby if a certain number of individuals believe a person to be a threat to democracy, he or she can be banished from the city for ten years.
4. The city is accessed through many of these built into the city walls.
5. This person is the first to do a dramatic reading, thereby beginning the Greek drama.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the statues of the exterior of the Parthenon.
2. Describe the political structure of fifth century Athens, and include the Agora and stoas.
3. Describe the various rooms located within Athenian households, using the book as your guide.
4. Describe semi-detached houses as well as hill houses. Include details from the book.
5. Describe the ritual of childbirth, and what options are available to those who gave birth to unwanted children.
6. Compare and contrast the upbringing of young boys and girls in Athens.
7. Describe the Dark Age of Greece.
8. Describe the banking process in Athens, and the money used.
9. Explain the rumor behind the tent of Xerxes.
10. Explain the great procession to the Acropolis.
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)