|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Much of the Greek clothing is made from this.
(b) Animal hair.
2. How many members are there in the boule?
3. This many main Gods are worshiped in Athens.
4. The city is accessed through many of these built into the city walls.
5. The central activity of all Greek religion is this.
6. Sophocles and Euripides are considered the best of these.
(a) Greek comedians.
(b) Greek performers.
(c) Greek playwrights.
(d) Greek musicians.
7. Priestesses answer practical questions of the present and future here.
(b) Clepsydra Fountain.
(c) Apollo at Delphi.
8. In 487 BC, laws are passed that dictate candidates for archonship must be chosen in this manner, instead of being elected.
(a) By assembly.
(b) By lot.
(c) By chance.
(d) By an election of kings.
9. This event consists of discus, long jump, javelin, sprinting, and wrestling.
10. ___________ is credited with building the first stage.
11. These rooms are so small, they are difficult to distinguish among the ruins of Athenian ruins.
(a) Dining rooms.
(d) Living rooms.
12. This is the amount sculptors are paid per sculpture for working on the sculptures from the Erechtheum.
(a) 60 drachmae.
(b) 100 drachmae.
(c) 6000 drachmae.
(d) 1000 drachmae.
13. These allow state payments to be made for performance of civic duty, thereby allowing the poor to participate in politics.
(a) Tributes and levies.
(c) The Boule and levies.
(d) The Boule and tributes.
14. In 480 BC, a huge army under this Persian king breaks through the Spartan army at Thermopylae, and attacks Athens.
15. Most houses have lavatories, consisting of these.
(a) Clay vases and seats.
(b) Toilet and running water.
(c) Seat and bucket.
(d) Chamber pot and running water.
Short Answer Questions
1. This is built following the Persian retreat from Athens, and is a place where meetings can occur, philosophers can expound, and business can take place.
2. At Olympia, women who watch the games are ___________________.
3. The oligarchic government of thirty pro-Spartan aristocrats who rule the Athenians following the war with Sparta is called this.
4. These are used to channel water to the city of Athens.
5. The women of Athens are primarily expected to do this.
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)