|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is considered to this day to be the father of medicine, from Athens?
2. This many main Gods are worshiped in Athens.
3. The Patron God of Athens is _________.
4. This event consists of discus, long jump, javelin, sprinting, and wrestling.
5. This is the best known storehouse for the equipment of the large Athenian navy.
(a) Arsenal of Athens.
(b) Arsenal of Philon.
(c) Arsenal of Phaleron.
(d) Arsenal of Delphi.
6. Much of the Greek clothing is made from this.
(d) Animal hair.
7. This person, the designer of the building, puts together a team of sculptors to create the sculptures outside the Parthenon.
8. Although no pictures of these have been found, we know these existed in fifth century Athens.
9. This covered building is erected for the Panathenaic Games when Pericles decides to include musical events.
(b) Temple of Dionysus.
(c) Dorpfeld Theater.
(d) Fourth century stoa.
10. The meat of a sacrificed animal is ____________.
(a) Buried following the ceremony.
(b) Thrown away following the ceremony.
(c) Fed to animals following the ceremony.
(d) Eaten following the ceremony.
11. How many members are there in the boule?
12. The Panathenaic Games are only for these people.
(b) All Greeks.
13. These houses are cut into the hillside.
(a) Semi-detached houses.
(b) Hill houses.
(c) Block houses.
(d) Workshop houses.
14. Wealthy sons of Athenians are tutored by these, beginning around age seven.
15. These types of Athenian houses are often built in connection to other houses.
(a) Workshop houses.
(b) Block houses.
(c) Semi-detached houses.
(d) Hill houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. The final day of the festival is devoted to this.
2. Ancient walls around the city are believed to have been built in ____.
3. Who serve as police officers, in a sense, in Athens?
4. Early Athenian tragedies are based on these.
5. These rooms are so small, they are difficult to distinguish among the ruins of Athenian ruins.
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)