|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Athens, Pages 48 through 102.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The city is accessed through many of these built into the city walls.
2. Priestesses answer practical questions of the present and future here.
(a) Apollo at Delphi.
(c) Clepsydra Fountain.
3. This is built following the Persian retreat from Athens, and is a place where meetings can occur, philosophers can expound, and business can take place.
(a) The Acropolis.
(b) The Long Walls.
(c) The Painted Stoa.
(d) The Agora.
4. This is the market place and political center of Athens in the fifth century.
5. This many main Gods are worshiped in Athens.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first king of Athens is ________, who establishes worship of the Greek gods.
2. Hades is the god of this.
3. Wealthy sons of Athenians are tutored by these, beginning around age seven.
4. The Panathenaic Games are only for these people.
5. The meat of a sacrificed animal is ____________.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)