|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Athens, Pages 48 through 102.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Patron God of Athens is _________.
2. Who serve as police officers, in a sense, in Athens?
(a) Men of the military.
(b) Public slaves.
(c) Young men before they are of age to join the military.
3. In 404 BC, these defense tools are demolished in a peace agreement.
(a) Long Walls.
4. What is / are the most common forms of punishment in ancient Athens?
(a) Flogging and branding.
(d) Fines, confiscation of property, loss of rights, or exile.
5. Over half the population of Attica are this.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first king of Athens is ________, who establishes worship of the Greek gods.
2. To stave off future attacks, the Athenians build this to help protect their city.
3. The oligarchic government of thirty pro-Spartan aristocrats who rule the Athenians following the war with Sparta is called this.
4. Juries in Athens for criminal trials have a range of members that include this many people.
5. _______ is the god of wine and emotion.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)