|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Athens, Pages 48 through 102.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This person is the first to do a dramatic reading, thereby beginning the Greek drama.
2. ___________ is credited with building the first stage.
3. These types of Athenian houses are often built in connection to other houses.
(a) Workshop houses.
(b) Semi-detached houses.
(c) Hill houses.
(d) Block houses.
4. This is built following the Persian retreat from Athens, and is a place where meetings can occur, philosophers can expound, and business can take place.
(a) The Long Walls.
(b) The Acropolis.
(c) The Painted Stoa.
(d) The Agora.
5. Domestic slaves are treated as these.
(a) Free adults.
(b) Less than animals.
(c) Members of the family.
(d) Women, with no rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Early Athenian tragedies are based on these.
2. The meat of a sacrificed animal is ____________.
3. Juries in Athens for criminal trials have a range of members that include this many people.
4. This is a tradition for men where all would become so drunk they would need to be carried home by slaves.
5. The only trilogy to survive from ancient Athens is this.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)