|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Rome, Pages 105 through 149.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The women of Athens are primarily expected to do this.
(a) Stay home and care for the family.
(b) Attend community theater events, and be highly social.
(c) Go to work, and support the family.
(d) Attend functions with her husband.
2. This many main Gods are worshiped in Athens.
3. The population of Rome in the 2nd century AD is about this many.
4. Three of the most significant works of ancient Rome are:
(a) Aqueducts, paved roads and sewer systems.
(b) Aqueducts, paved roads and farms.
(c) Paved roads, aqueducts, and cities.
(d) Paved roads, sewer systems, and theater.
5. The final day of the festival is devoted to this.
(c) A feast.
Short Answer Questions
1. The only trilogy to survive from ancient Athens is this.
2. This is used even in ancient Rome to access buildings during construction.
3. The oligarchic government of thirty pro-Spartan aristocrats who rule the Athenians following the war with Sparta is called this.
4. Wealthy sons of Athenians are tutored by these, beginning around age seven.
5. The four Pompeian styles include the Masonry, large panels of color, scenery, and this.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)