Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Excluding Voices, a Necklace of Thoughts on the Ideology of Style, Chapter 2, Gilded Lilies and Liberal Guilt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of law did Williams teach?
(a) Family law.
(b) Commercial law.
(c) Injury law.
(d) Criminal law.
2. What does Williams argue capitalism did to everything?
(a) Spoiled it.
(b) Made is cheat.
(c) Commodified it.
(d) Exported it to China.
3. What story about Harvard did Williams use to illustrate the point she made in Part I, Chapter 1?
(a) Her arguing with a fellow law professor.
(b) Her receiving an award.
(c) Her speaking with her students.
(d) Harvard's inability to find African American female professors.
4. What does Williams argue had a price under capitalism?
(a) People's lives.
(b) Free speech.
5. What does Williams argue is a function of wealth?
(b) The right to privacy.
(c) The number of slaves owned.
(d) Political power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the profession of one of Williams' student's fathers according to Part I, Chapter 2?
2. What does Williams say penetrated even the highest levels of culture?
3. How does Williams argue about how Americans understood freedom?
4. What are the principles Williams will study in the book?
5. What did the memo Williams received accuse her of doing?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)