Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV, The Incorruptible Simplicity of Being: A String of Crystalline Parables.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story about Harvard did Williams use to illustrate the point she made in Part I, Chapter 1?
(a) Harvard's inability to find African American female professors.
(b) Her receiving an award.
(c) Her speaking with her students.
(d) Her arguing with a fellow law professor.
2. What does Williams say the world hates?
(b) Trouble makers.
(c) Brown spills.
(d) African Americans.
3. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
(a) Higher energy costs.
(b) Crime fighting.
(d) Cheap labor.
4. What does Williams say penetrated even the highest levels of culture?
5. What does Williams say her post as a law professor made her be?
(a) Aware of racism.
(c) Highly visible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Williams enter at the start of Part III, Chapter 7?
2. Who wrote the memo Williams received after talking with one of her students?
3. What does Williams say recent affirmative action jurisprudence rejected?
4. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
5. What did the Tawana Brawley case come to represent according to Williams?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)