|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Ladder to the Light, A Series of Hinged Turning Points, Chapter 9, Mirrors and Windows.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What store was Williams prevented from entering?
2. Who does Williams say strongly supported Tawana Brawley?
(a) White police officers.
(c) The black community.
(d) The media.
3. What does Williams say her experience with the law review indicated?
(a) Neutral neutrality.
(b) Liberal neutrality.
(c) Neutrality of the old law.
(d) Racist neutrality.
4. What does Williams say small businesses used to rationalize the changes in the mid 80's?
(a) Crime fighting.
(b) Cheap labor.
(d) Higher energy costs.
5. What does Williams say some people thought when she told her story about the store?
(a) She made things up.
(b) She was singled out for being a woman.
(c) She did not know why she was refused access.
(d) She unfairly puts the salesman on trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams criticize the increase focused on?
2. What was removed from the article Williams wrote after the first edit?
3. Whose portrait did the Jewish student in Williams' story deface?
4. What does Williams say some people asked when she told her story about the store?
5. What did Williams think the attitude of those she asked for help betrayed?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)