Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago tell the Alchemist that his heart is afraid of?
2. What is the goal of alchemists, according to the Englishman?
3. Why are oases considered neutral ground?
4. What does the Alchemist say has come to represent the highest point of evolution?
5. What does Santiago declare before he leaves with the Alchemist in Part 5?
Essay Topic 1
As Santiago embarked on his trip with the caravan, the leader told him that disobedience often means death in the desert. Explain what he means by this statement. Provide examples to support your hypothesis; they do not need to be from the text, but certainly can be from it.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the various themes in this novel and how they relate to each other. Use supporting details from the text throughout your description.
Essay Topic 3
Decide which event in this novel was the most critical in your opinion. Support your judgment with specific details from the text.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)