|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Englishman build outside of his tent?
2. What promise does the tribal chief tell Santiago they will break?
3. Which of the following is considered the liquid half of the Master Work?
4. What does the Alchemist do to Santiago one they are in the chosen location the day after Santiago's trade in Part 5?
5. What does the Alchemist say has come to represent the highest point of evolution?
Essay Topic 1
As Santiago embarked on his trip with the caravan, the leader told him that disobedience often means death in the desert. Explain what he means by this statement. Provide examples to support your hypothesis; they do not need to be from the text, but certainly can be from it.
Essay Topic 2
The book has a subtitle, A Fable about Following Your Dreams. Do you believe this is an appropriate subtitle? Support your answer with your own personal opinion and details from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the evolution of Santiago from the beginning of this story to the end. Use information and examples from the text to support your description.
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)