|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 6, what does Santiago always promise about his heart?
2. What surprises Santiago about do the individuals who approach him and the Alchemist in Part 6 ?
3. What reward will Santiago receive if the tribal chief's prediction is correct?
4. What does Santiago notice the Englishman has gained as he begins to try to turn lead into gold?
5. The Alchemist tells Santiago in Part 5 to prepare in what way?
Essay Topic 1
Now that you have finished the novel, complete an in-depth analysis of foreshadowing within this novel. Be sure to include what events were foreshadowed and how they were foreshadowed. Use very specific examples form the text to support your ideas and opinions.
Essay Topic 2
Santiago describes his love for Fatima as true love. Write about what you believe to be the characteristics of true love and use examples from the text to support or defy Fatima and Santiago's love as true love.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing in detail how the concept of full circle applies to this novel. Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)