Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose side of the war does the camel driver say Allah is on?
2. How long does an alchemist need to heat the metal to purify it?
3. What does the Englishman build outside of his tent?
4. What does Santiago notice the Englishman has gained as he begins to try to turn lead into gold?
5. Which of the following is not found in the oasis?
Santiago describes his love for Fatima as true love. Write about what you believe to be the characteristics of true love and use examples from the text to support or defy Fatima and Santiago's love as true love.
Now that you have finished the novel, complete an in-depth analysis of foreshadowing within this novel. Be sure to include what events were foreshadowed and how they were foreshadowed. Use very specific examples form the text to support your ideas and opinions.
Describe the various themes in this novel and how they relate to each other. Use supporting details from the text throughout your description.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)