Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago tell the Alchemist that his heart is afraid of?
2. What is the goal of alchemists, according to the Englishman?
3. Why are oases considered neutral ground?
4. What does the Alchemist say has come to represent the highest point of evolution?
5. What does Santiago declare before he leaves with the Alchemist in Part 5?
Essay Topic 1
As Santiago embarked on his trip with the caravan, the leader told him that disobedience often means death in the desert. Explain what he means by this statement. Provide examples to support your hypothesis; they do not need to be from the text, but certainly can be from it.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one aspect of symbolism from the text and explain it in detail. Include details such as: what is the symbol, what is it a symbol for, why is the symbolism important to the story, etc... Include specific examples from the text to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Now that you have finished the novel, complete an in-depth analysis of foreshadowing within this novel. Be sure to include what events were foreshadowed and how they were foreshadowed. Use very specific examples form the text to support your ideas and opinions.
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)