Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago tell the Alchemist that his heart is afraid of?
2. What is the goal of alchemists, according to the Englishman?
3. Why are oases considered neutral ground?
4. What does the Alchemist say has come to represent the highest point of evolution?
5. What does Santiago declare before he leaves with the Alchemist in Part 5?
Choose one aspect of symbolism from the text and explain it in detail. Include details such as: what is the symbol, what is it a symbol for, why is the symbolism important to the story, etc... Include specific examples from the text to support your discussion.
Language is a critical theme in this novel. Describe how students who are exchange students or English as a Second Language learners might face difficulties in this class while reading this novel. Provide details and examples to receive full credit.
The Alchemist has told Santiago throughout the book that everything is learned by action. Explain in detail what this means, using supporting details from the text. Then describe a time in your life when you learned by action and how it is similar to Santiago.
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)