Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Santiago tell the Alchemist that his heart is afraid of?
2. What is the goal of alchemists, according to the Englishman?
3. Why are oases considered neutral ground?
4. What does the Alchemist say has come to represent the highest point of evolution?
5. What does Santiago declare before he leaves with the Alchemist in Part 5?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concepts of evolution and conflict in this story. Use examples from the story to support your discussion. Then make a personal connection to the discussion in your own life.
Essay Topic 2
Write a character analysis essay on why certain characters disappear throughout the story. Explain how, even though the characters disappear, they still are reflected in the story until the very end of the novel. Be sure to include specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the evolution of Santiago from the beginning of this story to the end. Use information and examples from the text to support your description.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)