|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Santiago meet at the well in Part 4?
2. In Part 6, what does Santiago's heart tell him?
3. How many things does the Alchemist say in Part 6 that Santiago needs to learn?
4. What does Santiago find out is the Language of the World?
5. In Part 4, what kind of war does the camel driver tell Santiago is happening?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 5, why does Santiago resist the idea of continuing his journey to the pyramids?
2. What do Santiago and the Alchemist discuss at the beginning of their journey in Part 6?
3. Why does the Alchemist warn Santiago to be cautious when making his predictions?
4. What does Santiago learn to accept as he is crossing the desert in Part 6?
5. What does Santiago tell his heart in Part 6?
6. What does the Alchemist suggest will happen if Santiago does not pursue his destiny?
7. What brave step does Santiago take at the beginning of Part 5?
8. How does the Englishman feel about Santiago's comments about learning the universal language?
9. In Part 6, what does Santiago promise his heart?
10. What is the Alchemist testing when Santiago encounters him after leaving the chieftain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Now that you have finished the novel, complete an in-depth analysis of foreshadowing within this novel. Be sure to include what events were foreshadowed and how they were foreshadowed. Use very specific examples form the text to support your ideas and opinions.
Essay Topic 2
Language is a critical theme in this novel. Describe how students who are exchange students or English as a Second Language learners might face difficulties in this class while reading this novel. Provide details and examples to receive full credit.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing in detail how the concept of full circle applies to this novel. Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)