|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 6, what does Santiago always promise about his heart?
2. Whose side of the war does the camel driver say Allah is on?
3. What does the Alchemist tell Santiago to trade in Part 5?
4. In Part 6, what does Santiago's heart tell him?
5. What does the Alchemist say that Santiago will be successful at if he does not pursue his destiny?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As Santiago embarked on his trip with the caravan, the leader told him that disobedience often means death in the desert. Explain what he means by this statement. Provide examples to support your hypothesis; they do not need to be from the text, but certainly can be from it.
Essay Topic 2
The Alchemist has told Santiago throughout the book that everything is learned by action. Explain in detail what this means, using supporting details from the text. Then describe a time in your life when you learned by action and how it is similar to Santiago.
Essay Topic 3
If you were Santiago, what steps would you have taken differently and why? If you believe you would have followed the exact path of Santiago, describe in detail why you would make those same choices faced with the same struggles.
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)