|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who approaches the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6?
(b) Three armed tribesmen.
(c) Four tribesmen.
(d) Chief of a new tribe.
2. In Part 6, what does Santiago always promise about his heart?
(a) To listen to it.
(b) To ingnore it.
(c) To test it.
(d) To work through the suffering.
3. Who does Santiago meet at the well in Part 4?
(a) The camel driver.
(b) A beautiful girl.
(d) The Alchemist.
4. What surprises Santiago about do the individuals who approach him and the Alchemist in Part 6 ?
(a) They steal the Philosopher's stone.
(b) They do not take the Alchemist seriously.
(c) They provide no danger.
(d) They steal the Elixir of Life.
5. Who seems to be the only one in the caravan not afraid of the war talk?
(a) The Alchemist.
(c) The Camel driver, Santiago's friend.
(d) The Englishman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Alchemist say quests always end with?
2. About what does Santiago learn as he reads the Englishman's books?
3. What happens the day after Santiago speaks with the tribal chief?
4. According to Part 4, who is waiting at the oasis?
5. What does Santiago notice the Englishman has gained as he begins to try to turn lead into gold?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Santiago tell his heart in Part 6?
2. Why are all oases considered neutral ground during battles?
3. What does the Alchemist suggest will happen if Santiago does not pursue his destiny?
4. Why does the tribal chief order the members to carry weapons?
5. What is the vision which Santiago has at the end of Part 4?
6. What does Santiago learn to accept as he is crossing the desert in Part 6?
7. Santiago realizes that both he and the Englishman are seeking their destinies. How does their process differ?
8. In Part 6, what does Santiago promise his heart?
9. In Part 5, why does Santiago resist the idea of continuing his journey to the pyramids?
10. What does the Alchemist tell Santiago about learning to turn lead into gold?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)