|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once all of the metal's properties are burned away, what is left?
(b) Elixir of Life.
(c) Soul of the World.
(d) Master Work.
2. What does the powerful and intimidating stranger in Part 5 demand of Santiago?
(a) To race him on horseback.
(b) To defend the oasis.
(c) To leave with him.
(d) To know who read the hawk's flight omen.
3. Where does the Alchemist take Santiago the day after he makes his trade?
(a) To the tribal chief.
(b) To the pyramids.
(c) To see Fatima.
(d) Into the desert.
4. What does Fatima say about Santiago's leaving in Part 5?
(a) He should stay and not go.
(b) She will wait for him to return.
(c) She will not wait for him to return.
(d) She will go with him.
5. What happens the day after Santiago speaks with the tribal chief?
(a) Santiago's warning does not come true.
(b) The Alchemist leaves the oasis.
(c) The oasis is attacked.
(d) Santiago is banished from the oasis.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Alchemist, what does the Soul of the World speak through?
2. What should Santiago acquire for his trade, according to the Alchemist in Part 5?
3. What surprises Santiago about do the individuals who approach him and the Alchemist in Part 6 ?
4. Which of the following is not found in the oasis?
5. What does the Alchemist say that Santiago will be successful at if he does not pursue his destiny?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only way to stay happy according to the camel driver, who is a friend to Santiago?
2. What brave step does Santiago take at the beginning of Part 5?
3. What does Santiago learn to accept as he is crossing the desert in Part 6?
4. What does the Alchemist tell Santiago about learning to turn lead into gold?
5. What does Santiago tell his heart in Part 6?
6. What does the Alchemist suggest will happen if Santiago does not pursue his destiny?
7. What do Santiago and the Alchemist discuss at the beginning of their journey in Part 6?
8. What does the Alchemist say needs to happen in order for them to realize their destiny?
9. What conclusion does Santiago make about all of the information he reads in the Englishman's books?
10. How does Santiago propose one should learn about the universal language?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)