|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once all of the metal's properties are burned away, what is left?
(a) Master Work.
(b) Soul of the World.
(d) Elixir of Life.
2. Where is the caravan Santiago is a part of heading toward in Part 4?
(a) Back to Spain.
(b) A merchant shop.
(c) The Soul of the World.
(d) The oasis.
3. How many days pass on their traveling together before Santiago asks the Alchemist about teaching?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 5 days.
4. What power does the Alchemist say Santiago possesses?
(a) The power to turn himself into wind.
(b) The ability to be a powerful guide.
(c) The power to create oases.
(d) The power to turn lead into gold.
5. What did the Alchemist say to the Englishman when asked about teaching him how to turn lead into gold?
(a) Try doing it.
(b) I will not teach you.
(c) You already know how to do it.
(d) You are not worthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the individual Santiago meets at the well in Part 4 tell him?
2. What happens to Santiago and the Alchemist when they are one day away from the pyramids?
3. What two things do do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 find in the alchemist's bag?
4. What does the Alchemist say gold truly represents?
5. What is the goal of alchemists, according to the Englishman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Alchemist suggest will happen if Santiago does not pursue his destiny?
2. What is the Alchemist testing when Santiago encounters him after leaving the chieftain?
3. What is the only way to stay happy according to the camel driver, who is a friend to Santiago?
4. What does the Alchemist say needs to happen in order for them to realize their destiny?
5. What does the Alchemist do with all of Santiago's money in Part 6?
6. What do Santiago and the Alchemist discuss at the beginning of their journey in Part 6?
7. What does the Alchemist tell Santiago about learning to turn lead into gold?
8. What is the vision which Santiago has at the end of Part 4?
9. Why does the Alchemist warn Santiago to be cautious when making his predictions?
10. What is courage the essential ingredient in, according to the Alchemist?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)