|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many things does the Alchemist say in Part 6 that Santiago needs to learn?
2. Once all of the metal's properties are burned away, what is left?
(a) Elixir of Life.
(b) Soul of the World.
(c) Master Work.
3. What does the Englishman build outside of his tent?
(a) A war shelter.
(b) A furnace.
(c) A bookshelf.
(d) An alchemy hut.
4. What does tribal tradition say about the oasis?
(a) It must be protected at all costs.
(b) It is neutral ground.
(c) It must choose sides in the battle.
(d) It can never be attacked.
5. How many days pass on their traveling together before Santiago asks the Alchemist about teaching?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 6 days.
(d) 5 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after the oasis is attacked?
2. Whose side of the war does the camel driver say Allah is on?
3. Who approaches the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6?
4. What promise does the tribal chief tell Santiago they will break?
5. What does the Alchemist advise Santiago to listen to in order to immerse himself in the desert?
Short Essay Questions
1. Santiago realizes that both he and the Englishman are seeking their destinies. How does their process differ?
2. How does Santiago propose one should learn about the universal language?
3. What is the only way to stay happy according to the camel driver, who is a friend to Santiago?
4. Why does the tribal chief order the members to carry weapons?
5. What do Santiago and the Alchemist discuss at the beginning of their journey in Part 6?
6. What does it mean when Santiago tells the Englishman that all the teachings in his books could be "written on the surface of an emerald?"
7. How does the Englishman feel about Santiago's comments about learning the universal language?
8. What does the Alchemist say needs to happen in order for them to realize their destiny?
9. What does the Alchemist tell Santiago about learning to turn lead into gold?
10. What does Santiago tell his heart in Part 6?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)