|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Englishman plan on using the object he built outside of his tent for?
(a) To keep his tent warm.
(b) To make the Elixir of Life.
(c) To begin turning lead into gold.
(d) To create the Master Work.
2. In Part 6, how long are the alchemist and Santiago given to prove that Santiago really does have the ability that the Alchemist claims he does?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 3 days.
3. What does the Alchemist say happens to anyone who interferes with the destinies of others?
(a) They will learn to turn lead into gold.
(b) They will never reach their own.
(c) They will help others to reach their destiny.
(d) They will abandon their destiny.
4. What does the Englishman build outside of his tent?
(a) An alchemy hut.
(b) A bookshelf.
(c) A furnace.
(d) A war shelter.
5. What does the Alchemist say quests always end with?
(a) Fulfillment of their destinies.
(c) Major tests.
(d) Heart trials.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reward will Santiago receive if the tribal chief's prediction is correct?
2. Who seems to be the only one in the caravan not afraid of the war talk?
3. In Part 6, what does Santiago always promise about his heart?
4. What happens after the oasis is attacked?
5. Whose side of the war does the camel driver say Allah is on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does it mean when Santiago tells the Englishman that all the teachings in his books could be "written on the surface of an emerald?"
2. What do Santiago and the Alchemist discuss at the beginning of their journey in Part 6?
3. What does the Alchemist say quests begin and end with?
4. What does Santiago learn to accept as he is crossing the desert in Part 6?
5. Santiago realizes that both he and the Englishman are seeking their destinies. How does their process differ?
6. What conclusion does Santiago make about all of the information he reads in the Englishman's books?
7. In Part 6, what does Santiago promise his heart?
8. What is the vision which Santiago has at the end of Part 4?
9. What does the tribal chief assure Santiago that the tribe always does?
10. What is the only way to stay happy according to the camel driver, who is a friend to Santiago?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)