|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seems to be the only one in the caravan not afraid of the war talk?
(b) The Alchemist.
(c) The Englishman.
(d) The Camel driver, Santiago's friend.
2. What two things do do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 find in the alchemist's bag?
(a) Elixir of Life and Philosopher's Stone.
(b) Philosopher's Stone and Gold.
(c) Money and the Elixir of Life.
(d) Gold and the Elixir of Life.
3. What should Santiago acquire for his trade, according to the Alchemist in Part 5?
(a) Gold pieces.
(b) A horse.
(d) A camel.
4. In Part 6, how long are the alchemist and Santiago given to prove that Santiago really does have the ability that the Alchemist claims he does?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 2 days.
5. What does Santiago do while the Englishman tries to observe the desert and learn its language?
(a) Learns Arabic.
(b) Reads the Englishman's books.
(c) Creates the Elixir of Life.
(d) Learns to turn lead into gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, who tells Santiago a story about a tribe's traditions?
2. What does Santiago declare before he leaves with the Alchemist in Part 5?
3. What does the Englishman build outside of his tent?
4. What do do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 do when the alchemist explains what the items in his bag do?
5. What does the Alchemist tell Santiago to trade in Part 5?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)