|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 5, who tells Santiago a story about a tribe's traditions?
(d) Tribal Chief.
2. What does Santiago declare before he leaves with the Alchemist in Part 5?
(a) His longing to go home.
(b) His love for Fatima.
(c) His desire to go to Mecca.
(d) His fear of the alchemist.
3. About what does Santiago learn as he reads the Englishman's books?
(a) Language of the desert.
4. What power does the Alchemist say Santiago possesses?
(a) The ability to be a powerful guide.
(b) The power to turn lead into gold.
(c) The power to turn himself into wind.
(d) The power to create oases.
5. What does tribal tradition say about the oasis?
(a) It can never be attacked.
(b) It must be protected at all costs.
(c) It must choose sides in the battle.
(d) It is neutral ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the powerful and intimidating stranger Santiago meets after he leaves the tribal chief?
2. How many days pass on their traveling together before Santiago asks the Alchemist about teaching?
3. What does Santiago find out is the Language of the World?
4. According to Part 4, who is waiting at the oasis?
5. What does the Alchemist say gold truly represents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What brave step does Santiago take at the beginning of Part 5?
2. How does Santiago propose one should learn about the universal language?
3. Why are all oases considered neutral ground during battles?
4. In Part 6, what does Santiago promise his heart?
5. In Part 5, why does Santiago resist the idea of continuing his journey to the pyramids?
6. What conclusion does Santiago make about all of the information he reads in the Englishman's books?
7. What does the Alchemist tell Santiago about learning to turn lead into gold?
8. What does the Alchemist say needs to happen in order for them to realize their destiny?
9. What does the Alchemist suggest will happen if Santiago does not pursue his destiny?
10. What does Santiago learn to accept as he is crossing the desert in Part 6?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)