|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once all of the metal's properties are burned away, what is left?
(a) Master Work.
(c) Elixir of Life.
(d) Soul of the World.
2. The Alchemist tells Santiago in Part 5 to prepare in what way?
(a) Like a hawk.
(b) By saying goodbye to Fatima.
(c) Like a warrior.
(d) By trying to do what he wants to do.
3. What does the Alchemist do to Santiago one they are in the chosen location the day after Santiago's trade in Part 5?
(a) Loses him.
(b) Teaches him.
(c) Tests him.
(d) Helps him find riches.
4. How many things does the Alchemist say in Part 6 that Santiago needs to learn?
5. What does the Englishman build outside of his tent?
(a) A furnace.
(b) An alchemy hut.
(c) A war shelter.
(d) A bookshelf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the caravan Santiago is a part of heading toward in Part 4?
2. What does the Alchemist say that Santiago will be successful at if he does not pursue his destiny?
3. What does the individual Santiago meets at the well in Part 4 tell him?
4. What precautions do Santiago and the Alchemist take as they travel through the desert?
5. What does Santiago declare before he leaves with the Alchemist in Part 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 6, what does Santiago promise his heart?
2. What does the Alchemist tell Santiago about learning to turn lead into gold?
3. What is the vision which Santiago has at the end of Part 4?
4. What does the Alchemist suggest will happen if Santiago does not pursue his destiny?
5. What does the Alchemist say needs to happen in order for them to realize their destiny?
6. What is the Alchemist testing when Santiago encounters him after leaving the chieftain?
7. Why does the Alchemist warn Santiago to be cautious when making his predictions?
8. What does Santiago tell his heart in Part 6?
9. What does the Alchemist do with all of Santiago's money in Part 6?
10. What does it mean when Santiago tells the Englishman that all the teachings in his books could be "written on the surface of an emerald?"
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)