|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not found in the oasis?
(d) Date palms.
2. What does Santiago declare before he leaves with the Alchemist in Part 5?
(a) His desire to go to Mecca.
(b) His fear of the alchemist.
(c) His longing to go home.
(d) His love for Fatima.
3. Once all of the metal's properties are burned away, what is left?
(a) Elixir of Life.
(b) Master Work.
(c) Soul of the World.
4. What object(s) does the Englishman have that surprises Santiago?
(b) A revolver.
(c) Philosopher's stones.
5. What does the Alchemist say gold truly represents?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the powerful and intimidating stranger in Part 5 demand of Santiago?
2. In Part 6, what does Santiago always promise about his heart?
3. What does the Alchemist say that Santiago will be successful at if he does not pursue his destiny?
4. What does the Alchemist do to Santiago one they are in the chosen location the day after Santiago's trade in Part 5?
5. What does the tribal chief tell Santiago to always listen to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the tribal chief assure Santiago that the tribe always does?
2. What does the Alchemist say needs to happen in order for them to realize their destiny?
3. What does Santiago tell his heart in Part 6?
4. What brave step does Santiago take at the beginning of Part 5?
5. What do Santiago and the Alchemist discuss at the beginning of their journey in Part 6?
6. What conclusion does Santiago make about all of the information he reads in the Englishman's books?
7. What is the Alchemist testing when Santiago encounters him after leaving the chieftain?
8. Santiago realizes that both he and the Englishman are seeking their destinies. How does their process differ?
9. What is the only way to stay happy according to the camel driver, who is a friend to Santiago?
10. What does it mean when Santiago tells the Englishman that all the teachings in his books could be "written on the surface of an emerald?"
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)