|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago's heart tell him as he and the Alchemist pass the encampment in Part 6?
(a) There is no danger.
(b) To laugh.
(c) To be wary.
(d) To join the encampment.
2. What does the Alchemist say quests always begin with?
(a) Major tests.
(b) Heart trials.
(c) Fulfillment of their destinies.
3. About what does Santiago learn as he reads the Englishman's books?
(d) Language of the desert.
4. Whose side of the war does the camel driver say Allah is on?
(a) Neither side.
(b) The good side.
(c) Both sides.
(d) The evil side.
5. What does the Alchemist say that people need to master?
(a) Love of another.
(b) Their hearts.
(c) New knowledge.
(d) Their souls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fatima say about Santiago's leaving in Part 5?
2. What does the individual Santiago meets at the well in Part 4 tell him?
3. What power does the Alchemist say Santiago possesses?
4. Who does Santiago meet at the well in Part 4?
5. What does Santiago declare before he leaves with the Alchemist in Part 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Alchemist warn Santiago to be cautious when making his predictions?
2. In Part 5, why does Santiago resist the idea of continuing his journey to the pyramids?
3. What is the Alchemist testing when Santiago encounters him after leaving the chieftain?
4. What does the Alchemist say quests begin and end with?
5. What does the Alchemist tell Santiago about learning to turn lead into gold?
6. What do Santiago and the Alchemist discuss at the beginning of their journey in Part 6?
7. What does the Alchemist say needs to happen in order for them to realize their destiny?
8. What conclusion does Santiago make about all of the information he reads in the Englishman's books?
9. What does the tribal chief assure Santiago that the tribe always does?
10. Why are all oases considered neutral ground during battles?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)