|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Alchemist, what does the Soul of the World speak through?
(a) The omens of the desert.
(b) The Elixir of Life.
(c) The Philosopher's Stone.
(d) The heart.
2. What does the Alchemist say that people need to master?
(a) New knowledge.
(b) Their hearts.
(c) Their souls.
(d) Love of another.
3. What does the Englishman build outside of his tent?
(a) A bookshelf.
(b) A furnace.
(c) A war shelter.
(d) An alchemy hut.
4. What surprises Santiago about do the individuals who approach him and the Alchemist in Part 6 ?
(a) They do not take the Alchemist seriously.
(b) They steal the Philosopher's stone.
(c) They steal the Elixir of Life.
(d) They provide no danger.
5. What does Fatima trust in?
(a) The alchemist.
(b) The tribal chief.
(d) The fates of the desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, who tells Santiago a story about a tribe's traditions?
2. Who is the powerful and intimidating stranger Santiago meets after he leaves the tribal chief?
3. Which of the following is not found in the oasis?
4. What do do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 do when the alchemist explains what the items in his bag do?
5. What do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 demand to know?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Santiago and the Alchemist discuss at the beginning of their journey in Part 6?
2. Why does the Alchemist warn Santiago to be cautious when making his predictions?
3. Santiago realizes that both he and the Englishman are seeking their destinies. How does their process differ?
4. What does Santiago tell his heart in Part 6?
5. What is courage the essential ingredient in, according to the Alchemist?
6. In Part 5, why does Santiago resist the idea of continuing his journey to the pyramids?
7. What does Santiago learn to accept as he is crossing the desert in Part 6?
8. How does the Englishman feel about Santiago's comments about learning the universal language?
9. What does the Alchemist do with all of Santiago's money in Part 6?
10. In Part 6, what does Santiago promise his heart?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)