|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose side of the war does the camel driver say Allah is on?
(a) The good side.
(b) Neither side.
(c) The evil side.
(d) Both sides.
2. What two things do do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 find in the alchemist's bag?
(a) Gold and the Elixir of Life.
(b) Philosopher's Stone and Gold.
(c) Money and the Elixir of Life.
(d) Elixir of Life and Philosopher's Stone.
3. What does the tribal chief tell Santiago to always listen to?
(a) The Alchemist.
(b) Omens of the desert.
(c) Tribal tales.
4. What does the Alchemist say gold truly represents?
5. What does Santiago find out is the Language of the World?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Santiago and the Alchemist are about two days away from the pyramids, what does Santiago what to learn?
2. About what does Santiago learn as he reads the Englishman's books?
3. Which of the following is considered the liquid half of the Master Work?
4. What position within the tribe is Santiago awarded after the attack in Part 5?
5. In Part 6, what does Santiago's heart tell him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What brave step does Santiago take at the beginning of Part 5?
2. What does the Alchemist suggest will happen if Santiago does not pursue his destiny?
3. Why are all oases considered neutral ground during battles?
4. Santiago realizes that both he and the Englishman are seeking their destinies. How does their process differ?
5. What does the Alchemist tell Santiago about learning to turn lead into gold?
6. What does it mean when Santiago tells the Englishman that all the teachings in his books could be "written on the surface of an emerald?"
7. In Part 5, why does Santiago resist the idea of continuing his journey to the pyramids?
8. How does Santiago propose one should learn about the universal language?
9. Why does the tribal chief order the members to carry weapons?
10. What does the Alchemist say quests begin and end with?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)