|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What final decision does Santiago make about the Alchemist's proposal?
(a) He decides to return home.
(b) He decides to become a merchant.
(c) He decides to stay with Fatima.
(d) He decides to go with him.
2. Which of the following is not found in the oasis?
(c) Date palms.
3. What does Santiago express to the alchemist at the beginning of Part 6?
(a) Joy and happiness.
(b) Love and excitement.
(c) Confidence and belief in his mission.
(d) Fear and doubt.
4. What does the Alchemist do to Santiago one they are in the chosen location the day after Santiago's trade in Part 5?
(a) Helps him find riches.
(b) Loses him.
(c) Tests him.
(d) Teaches him.
5. What does the Alchemist tell Santiago will severely test him?
(a) Soul of the World.
(b) Elixir of Life.
(c) Philosopher's Stone.
(d) Soul of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object(s) does the Englishman have that surprises Santiago?
2. What does the Alchemist say quests always begin with?
3. What does Santiago do while the Englishman tries to observe the desert and learn its language?
4. About what does Santiago learn as he reads the Englishman's books?
5. In Part 6, how long are the alchemist and Santiago given to prove that Santiago really does have the ability that the Alchemist claims he does?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)