|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Santiago tell the Alchemist that his heart is afraid of?
(a) Never being successful.
(b) Fulfilling his destiny.
(c) Never finding love.
(d) Suffering and losing what it has won.
2. What is the goal of alchemists, according to the Englishman?
(a) To create the Soul of the World.
(b) To purify metal.
(c) To point people toward their destiny.
(d) To create the Elixir of Life.
3. Why are oases considered neutral ground?
(a) There are many jewels.
(b) They are home to women and children.
(c) They hold no weapons.
(d) They are home to the alchemist.
4. What does the Alchemist say has come to represent the highest point of evolution?
5. What does Santiago declare before he leaves with the Alchemist in Part 5?
(a) His desire to go to Mecca.
(b) His longing to go home.
(c) His fear of the alchemist.
(d) His love for Fatima.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose side of the war does the camel driver say Allah is on?
2. What did the Alchemist say to the Englishman when asked about teaching him how to turn lead into gold?
3. About what does Santiago learn as he reads the Englishman's books?
4. What do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 demand to know?
5. In Part 5, who tells Santiago a story about a tribe's traditions?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)