|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What precautions do Santiago and the Alchemist take as they travel through the desert?
(a) To study the omens of the desert.
(b) To get their as fast as they can.
(c) To avoid battles.
(d) To visit all of the oases.
2. In Part 6, what does Santiago always promise about his heart?
(a) To listen to it.
(b) To test it.
(c) To ingnore it.
(d) To work through the suffering.
3. What does the Alchemist say that the suffering Santiago's heart is experiencing is not as bad as?
(a) What will come.
(b) Fear of the suffering.
(c) His destiny.
(d) Living an unfulfilled destiny.
4. What should Santiago acquire for his trade, according to the Alchemist in Part 5?
(a) A camel.
(c) Gold pieces.
(d) A horse.
5. What does the Englishman plan on using the object he built outside of his tent for?
(a) To begin turning lead into gold.
(b) To keep his tent warm.
(c) To make the Elixir of Life.
(d) To create the Master Work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days pass on their traveling together before Santiago asks the Alchemist about teaching?
2. Who seems to be the only one in the caravan not afraid of the war talk?
3. What did the Alchemist say to the Englishman when asked about teaching him how to turn lead into gold?
4. According to the Alchemist, what does the Soul of the World speak through?
5. Whose side of the war does the camel driver say Allah is on?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)