|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Alchemist tell Santiago will severely test him?
(a) Soul of God.
(b) Philosopher's Stone.
(c) Soul of the World.
(d) Elixir of Life.
2. Who is the powerful and intimidating stranger Santiago meets after he leaves the tribal chief?
(a) One of the tribal leaders of the warring tribes.
(b) The Englishman.
(c) The Alchemist.
3. What does the Alchemist advise Santiago to listen to in order to immerse himself in the desert?
(a) His heart.
(b) His love for Fatima.
(c) The omens of the pyramids.
(d) The desert omens.
4. What does tribal tradition say about the oasis?
(a) It must choose sides in the battle.
(b) It is neutral ground.
(c) It must be protected at all costs.
(d) It can never be attacked.
5. Who approaches the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6?
(a) Four tribesmen.
(b) Chief of a new tribe.
(c) Three armed tribesmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Alchemist say that people need to master?
2. in Part 5, what does Santiago think his treasure is?
3. What does the tribal chief tell Santiago to always listen to?
4. Where does the Alchemist take Santiago the day after he makes his trade?
5. What does Santiago find out is the Language of the World?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Alchemist say needs to happen in order for them to realize their destiny?
2. What conclusion does Santiago make about all of the information he reads in the Englishman's books?
3. What does Santiago learn to accept as he is crossing the desert in Part 6?
4. Why does the Alchemist warn Santiago to be cautious when making his predictions?
5. What does the Alchemist say quests begin and end with?
6. In Part 5, why does Santiago resist the idea of continuing his journey to the pyramids?
7. What does the Alchemist tell Santiago about learning to turn lead into gold?
8. What does Santiago tell his heart in Part 6?
9. What does the Alchemist do with all of Santiago's money in Part 6?
10. What do Santiago and the Alchemist discuss at the beginning of their journey in Part 6?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)