|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many things does the Alchemist say in Part 6 that Santiago needs to learn?
2. What does the Alchemist say gold truly represents?
3. What does the powerful and intimidating stranger in Part 5 demand of Santiago?
(a) To know who read the hawk's flight omen.
(b) To race him on horseback.
(c) To defend the oasis.
(d) To leave with him.
4. Where is the caravan Santiago is a part of heading toward in Part 4?
(a) A merchant shop.
(b) The Soul of the World.
(c) Back to Spain.
(d) The oasis.
5. What does tribal tradition say about the oasis?
(a) It can never be attacked.
(b) It is neutral ground.
(c) It must choose sides in the battle.
(d) It must be protected at all costs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 6, what does Santiago always promise about his heart?
2. Which of the following is not found in the oasis?
3. Who seems to be the only one in the caravan not afraid of the war talk?
4. What do do the individuals who approach the Alchemist and Santiago in Part 6 do when the alchemist explains what the items in his bag do?
5. What is the goal of alchemists, according to the Englishman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only way to stay happy according to the camel driver, who is a friend to Santiago?
2. What brave step does Santiago take at the beginning of Part 5?
3. What does Santiago tell his heart in Part 6?
4. What does Santiago learn to accept as he is crossing the desert in Part 6?
5. Why does the tribal chief order the members to carry weapons?
6. What is courage the essential ingredient in, according to the Alchemist?
7. In Part 5, why does Santiago resist the idea of continuing his journey to the pyramids?
8. What conclusion does Santiago make about all of the information he reads in the Englishman's books?
9. In Part 6, what does Santiago promise his heart?
10. What does the tribal chief assure Santiago that the tribe always does?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)