|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Alchemist say gold truly represents?
2. In Part 4, what kind of war does the camel driver tell Santiago is happening?
(a) A short war.
(b) A war between good and evil.
(c) A battle for the balance of power.
(d) A war of tribal improprieties.
3. What did the Alchemist say to the Englishman when asked about teaching him how to turn lead into gold?
(a) You are not worthy.
(b) You already know how to do it.
(c) Try doing it.
(d) I will not teach you.
4. How does Santiago feel about the individual he meets at the well in Part 4?
(a) He is intimidated by her.
(b) He is in love at first sight.
(c) He is infatuated.
(d) He does not like her.
5. How many things does the Alchemist say in Part 6 that Santiago needs to learn?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Alchemist say quests always end with?
2. What does the Englishman plan on using the object he built outside of his tent for?
3. What does the Alchemist tell Santiago to trade in Part 5?
4. According to Part 4, who is waiting at the oasis?
5. What promise does the tribal chief tell Santiago they will break?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Santiago tell his heart in Part 6?
2. Santiago realizes that both he and the Englishman are seeking their destinies. How does their process differ?
3. What do Santiago and the Alchemist discuss at the beginning of their journey in Part 6?
4. What does the tribal chief assure Santiago that the tribe always does?
5. What does the Alchemist suggest will happen if Santiago does not pursue his destiny?
6. What does the Alchemist do with all of Santiago's money in Part 6?
7. How does Santiago propose one should learn about the universal language?
8. What brave step does Santiago take at the beginning of Part 5?
9. In Part 5, why does Santiago resist the idea of continuing his journey to the pyramids?
10. What does the Alchemist tell Santiago about learning to turn lead into gold?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)